Poll

Is it okay?

Yes.
43 (71.7%)
No.
17 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Do You Think Pants Are Modest For Women?  (Read 130900 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Is it okay for women to wear pants?
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2008, 10:56:09 PM »
While talking to my son, I came up with why women can were pants. Because if you are riding a motorbike, its not a good idea to do it in a skirt.  :::D
So then don't ride a motorbike...
I love my motorbike, where does it state women can't ride one  ::) ::)
Nowhere.  But they still can't ride on in pants...
Ever tried it in a skirt  :-\ Its a little breezy.
Well no, I've never tried wearing a skirt, let alone while riding a motorcycle.  That would be just weird...

Can't you wear pants under your skirt?
For safety reason you wear leathers, because if you crash you really need good leathers to stop yourself from being skinned. And Also because of the length of the skirt it can get into the workings of the engine and wheels when riding.

I have what is called a cruiser, which is built for distance. 

And anything with bikes is its safety first not fashion.
Modesty and fashion are two very different things, Skippy.

It is an interesting question though.  Perhaps, beacuase there's not anyone else on the motorcycle with you, it would be permitted, only while you're riding the motorcycle of course...

Yes I never thought about it before.............. :-\ Because if you take a male passenger they have to hang on to you.  ???

I will ask Chaim  :)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2008, 11:02:10 PM »
While talking to my son, I came up with why women can were pants. Because if you are riding a motorbike, its not a good idea to do it in a skirt.  :::D
Well no, I've never tried wearing a skirt, let alone while riding a motorcycle.  That would be just weird...

For safety reason you wear leathers, because if you crash you really need good leathers to stop yourself from being skinned. And Also because of the length of the skirt it can get into the workings of the engine and wheels when riding.

It is an interesting question though.  Perhaps, beacuase there's not anyone else on the motorcycle with you, it would be permitted, only while you're riding the motorcycle of course...
Yes I never thought about it before.............. :-\ Because if you take a male passenger they have to hang on to you.  ???
Well that is a problem in and of if itself (if he's not in your immediate family).

And just remember that Chaim is not a Posek.  I would ask a Rabbi.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2008, 11:05:24 PM »

Well that is a problem in and of if itself (if he's not in your immediate family).

And just remember that Chaim is not a Posek.  I would ask a Rabbi.

Well true, but I like Chaim's answers  ;)

Yes I will ask Lubab too   :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2008, 11:50:12 AM »
I once rode a horse with a skirt on.  :)
I was offered the oppurtunity and couldn't say no, so I improvised by half kneeling on the saddle in some odd position.....and it worked out. If you tuck your skirt in around your legs it won't fly up.......this worked when i used to ride a bike with a skirt on.  :D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2008, 04:45:39 PM »
I once rode a horse with a skirt on.  :)
I was offered the oppurtunity and couldn't say no, so I improvised by half kneeling on the saddle in some odd position.....and it worked out. If you tuck your skirt in around your legs it won't fly up.......this worked when i used to ride a bike with a skirt on.  :D

I used to ride horses when I was younger in skirts, but they very flowing like Gypsy skirts. Full saddle and side saddle  :::D

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2008, 02:32:23 AM »
Is it ok for a man to wear a dress??  Maybe if I am a Scot.. OOPS , sorry.... a kilt not a dress.

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2008, 05:29:53 AM »
Women are allowed to wear pants especially when they go to work but they should definitely wear long skirts and scarves when they go to Church or the place where they worship God! :)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »
I think they should only wear dresses and skirts.

Skirts are also very attractive because they are womanly.

since it is an international forum, you may want to say "trousers"..

In britain, pants means underpants.  Though for women, one calls them knickers - in britain anyway.

Saying pants to mean trousers is purely a fairly amusing americanism.

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2008, 03:27:06 AM »
lol of course its okay for women to wear pants, i don't see why not, its not all about what men find attractive, its also what women find better :) and i like a mix of both, but pants are always a good choice, sometimes when dressing up sure a skirt or dress goes great though, just really depends on what you're doing.. and its certainly not immoral for a woman to wear pants haha thats pretty rediculous, cant get much more sexist than that
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »
Another quality thread started by the oysvarf who used to call himself "chief administrator."
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »
Another quality thread started by the oysvarf who used to call himself "chief administrator."

Why bring an old topic back to the front?

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »
yes woman should be allowed to wear pants
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »
Where's the " It depends on how frum they are" option? :P

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2009, 07:59:58 AM »
If the pants are loose...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
 ::)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
I don't care what they wear. At least they wear something!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
I don't care what they wear. At least they wear something!
Right, cause we want to dress them up.

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
Women are allowed to wear pants especially when they go to work but they should definitely wear long skirts and scarves when they go to Church or the place where they worship G-d! :)

There are issues I would believe in Judaism in respect of women, wearing trousers, so I would think in many Jewish synagogues wearing trousers would be disrespectful, however depending on the particular ethos of a synagogue, I could not see anything wrong with the short skirts, worn as part a business suit type outfit as worn by many business women in Western countries. Also in Spain, there are some very religious Christian women, which would attend Church in the sort of clothing I have previously described,

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
"Ik val aan, volg mij!" Schout-bij-nacht Karel Willem Frederik Marie Doorman February 28 1942.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: Do You Think Pants Are Modest For Women?
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
I think it is all according to how old they are and what they look like. Personally there are cases where I prefer they wear pants, cases where I prefer a VERY short skirt, a LONG skirt, and in most cases I prefer they wear NOTHING !!!!

JOKING..... I think it is not for me to decide, however if I were a female I would wear pants most of the time. I would wear a skirt or dress to church or to formal events. I would be very choosy with pant suits, most of them look manly and are downright creepy looking.