Poll

Should it?

Yes.
24 (52.2%)
No.
22 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should interreligious marriage be banned?  (Read 38048 times)

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
Re: Should interreligious marriage be banned?
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 02:57:02 AM »
I do belive Jews should marry Jews and I hope none of other Jews on the site are offended, but thereis nothing in Torah barring Jew from marrying gentile and it should not be banned.  Perhaps people forget that King David's mother was a Moabite?  Also, many other great Jews came from half Jewish marriages, even those where only the Father was a Jew.  I think the whole concept of you are a Jew because your mother is a Jew came from the fact that our women where getting raped all the time by Cossack and other europeans during our diaspora in Europe.   It is shame for me to say, but many of us, including: Ashkenazi, Sefaradim and Mizrachi are undoubtedly half-breeds.  This is not to say that I desire to see us become less and less Jewish, however, with the lack of religious teaching and authority in Israel, our Jewish ways will die long before we intermarry with gentiles.

You are an ignorant fool. The status of a Jew by its mother is written in the Gemara.

Ok.. maybe I am wrong.. Some say Ruth is not Moabite, but an Israelite living in Moab. I just don't understand why Tanakh uses the matriarchal lineage of David addressing her as Moabite, when it never addresses other Israelites as Moabites, regardless of where they live.  Also, why was it permitted for men to marry the daughters and produce offspring with pagan girls?  Why did Shlomo marry 300 different women, many hailing from foreign lands, to increase hise lineage, if his lineage would be excluded from the benefits of being an Israelite?  I am saying some things are not adding up and I do not adhere to all Talmud teachings, but respect many.

In the end, maybe you are the ignorant fool...  sorry if you slander me, is it ok to slander back?  or are moderators only allowed to slap people in the face on this board?  I wonder how JTF will survive, when its moderators behave so belligerent.  I think others will get a bad impression of this site.  I respect if I am wrong, but to call people names is not much better than the way muslims practice religion.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:14:37 AM by Yonatan777 »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »
it is wrong like a black and a white the kids will be mixed breeds

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 05:01:19 PM »
But we might get another person like obama if we dont ban that

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »
you are right and  what i posted before was wrong because i was letting off steam

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2008, 08:47:09 AM »
I do belive Jews should marry Jews and I hope none of other Jews on the site are offended, but thereis nothing in Torah barring Jew from marrying gentile and it should not be banned.  Perhaps people forget that King David's mother was a Moabite?

His mother wasn't a Moabite. His grandfather's mother was a Moabite.

And she converted  so was was Jewish too. Jewishness is not race but religion+ethnicity+nationality only shitler belived otherwise. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2008, 10:45:33 PM »
I do belive Jews should marry Jews and I hope none of other Jews on the site are offended, but thereis nothing in Torah barring Jew from marrying gentile and it should not be banned.  Perhaps people forget that King David's mother was a Moabite?  Also, many other great Jews came from half Jewish marriages, even those where only the Father was a Jew.  I think the whole concept of you are a Jew because your mother is a Jew came from the fact that our women where getting raped all the time by Cossack and other europeans during our diaspora in Europe.   It is shame for me to say, but many of us, including: Ashkenazi, Sefaradim and Mizrachi are undoubtedly half-breeds.  This is not to say that I desire to see us become less and less Jewish, however, with the lack of religious teaching and authority in Israel, our Jewish ways will die long before we intermarry with gentiles.

You are an ignorant fool. The status of a Jew by its mother is written in the Gemara.

Ok.. maybe I am wrong.. Some say Ruth is not Moabite, but an Israelite living in Moab. I just don't understand why Tanakh uses the matriarchal lineage of David addressing her as Moabite, when it never addresses other Israelites as Moabites, regardless of where they live.  Also, why was it permitted for men to marry the daughters and produce offspring with pagan girls?  Why did Shlomo marry 300 different women, many hailing from foreign lands, to increase hise lineage, if his lineage would be excluded from the benefits of being an Israelite?  I am saying some things are not adding up and I do not adhere to all Talmud teachings, but respect many.

In the end, maybe you are the ignorant fool...  sorry if you slander me, is it ok to slander back?  or are moderators only allowed to slap people in the face on this board?  I wonder how JTF will survive, when its moderators behave so belligerent.  I think others will get a bad impression of this site.  I respect if I am wrong, but to call people names is not much better than the way muslims practice religion.

All of these are good questions, some of which I'm pretty sure I have the answers to. To start off, it is clearly prohibited to marry gentiles. Second of all, Shlomo's marriages led to his downfall. He violated two Torah prohibitions; one against marrying goyot, the other against the King of Israel having too many wives.

And I'm not "slandering" you. When you speak complete Reformist nonsense about the Jewish religion and theorize on matters that pitifully display your theological ignorance, I'm going to call you out on it. This is arrogance, and it is totally different than simply asking a question, which all of us are open to here. Like you said, there are others that view this forum, and I don't appreciate another ignorant Jew viewing your post and coming to the same confused conclusions.

I wonder who is the reformist?  Are you telling me that nobody in Tanach married a goyim and converted her to Judiasm?  Personally, I think you may be taking Talmudic texts out of context or not understanding me.   You are saying inter-racial marriage should be banned, I am saying inter-racial marriage should not be banned.  Of course, any man who marry a non-Jewish woman, should have her convert through the traditional means.  However, there is many other instances of G-d allowing marriage and conversion of goyim to Judaism.  Besides Ruth, we have an example of Moshe marrying an Cushite woman.  When Miryam spoke out against Moshe for doing this, G-d punished her with leprosy.  Now, are you accusing Moshe of sinning for marrying Cushite woman?  I do not recall this was a sin in the bible, the only sin was Miryam speaking out against him for dishonoring G-d's servant.  Also, the Torah speaks of Jewish men in battle being allowed to marry virgins if the women are willing.  Why would G-d let us marry virgins from certain races that are not Jewish, if doing so would make the children not Jews?  Would G-d allow such a thing?  There is a flaw in logic I resent from those and they try to manipulate it by pointing to such a verse in Talmud and trying to alter the logic.  My belief is that if the mother is not spiritually a Jew, then perhaps we cannot consider the child a Jew.  My ultimate authority is Torah and all others will come next.   

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2008, 10:53:33 PM »
Re:  "...Also, the Torah speaks of Jewish men in battle being allowed to marry virgins if the women are willing.  Why would G-d let us marry virgins from certain races that are not Jewish, if doing so would make the children not Jews?  Would G-d allow such a thing?

That's an easy one!

Because if the women are "willing", they're obviously not virgins!   ;D

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2008, 09:16:13 AM »
Re:  "...Also, the Torah speaks of Jewish men in battle being allowed to marry virgins if the women are willing.  Why would G-d let us marry virgins from certain races that are not Jewish, if doing so would make the children not Jews?  Would G-d allow such a thing?

That's an easy one!

Was the Cushite Moshe married not a virgin?   Would you speak out against Moshe marrying a black skin woman who was not an Israelite?   

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2008, 05:45:42 PM »

That's an easy one!

Was the Cushite Moshe married not a virgin?   Would you speak out against Moshe marrying a black skin woman who was not an Israelite? 
She was a convert, and she didn't have black skin.  And yes, she was a virgin.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
You can't ban atheists like me from marrying and having the same rights as you religious people have.
What is this Iran?
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
no

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »
Our faiths are whats important! :)