Author Topic: Waiting for Chaim's statement on Ann Coulter  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Waiting for Chaim's statement on Ann Coulter
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:17:34 AM »
Considering he once wrote an article lavishing praise on her, looks like it's time for a public retraction.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Waiting for Chaim's statement on Ann Coulter
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 05:51:59 AM »
The media often takes Coulter out of context.  So I think Coulter is owed a chance to explain herself.  I don't think you should jump on the James Carville bandwagon (although he's not Jewish); he was quick to brag about how Jews (liberals) he knows are outraged at Coulter. 

I'm not sure if her statement was based on politics or theology.

If it was based on politics, then it makes some sense. 

I think something related to politics was being discussed.  Coulter was saying how things would be great with a massive support of Republicans--I think she really means conservatives, as she isn't too fond of Republicans who abandon conservative principles.

As you know, probably at least 80% of Jews vote for Democrats.  So what I think she could have possibly meant, for Jews to be better people in terms of politics, more would vote for Republican candidates rather than just voting for Democrats, regardless of who the Democrat candidate is.  If Jimmy Carter were the Democrat in 2008, there'd still probably be close to 80% of Jews who would vote for him. 

Here's an article from a couple years ago that someone wrote: 

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/833ifcua.asp

*Coulter wrote a book about if Democrats had brains, they'd be Republicans.  I think what she really means if liberals had brains, they'd be conservatives.  Because there are plenty of Republicans who aren't conservative. 

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:05:19 AM »
The media often takes Coulter out of context.  So I think Coulter is owed a chance to explain herself.  I don't think you should jump on the James Carville bandwagon (although he's not Jewish); he was quick to brag about how Jews (liberals) he knows are outraged at Coulter. 

I'm not sure if her statement was based on politics or theology.

If it was based on politics, then it makes some sense. 

I think something related to politics was being discussed.  Coulter was saying how things would be great with a massive support of Republicans--I think she really means conservatives, as she isn't too fond of Republicans who abandon conservative principles.

As you know, probably at least 80% of Jews vote for Democrats.  So what I think she could have possibly meant, for Jews to be better people in terms of politics, more would vote for Republican candidates rather than just voting for Democrats, regardless of who the Democrat candidate is.  If Jimmy Carter were the Democrat in 2008, there'd still probably be close to 80% of Jews who would vote for him. 

Here's an article from a couple years ago that someone wrote: 

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/833ifcua.asp

*Coulter wrote a book about if Democrats had brains, they'd be Republicans.  I think what she really means if liberals had brains, they'd be conservatives.  Because there are plenty of Republicans who aren't conservative. 

I don't give obvious Jew-haters the benefit of the doubt. In this situation, there is no doubt. She said repeatedly that Jews needed to be 'perfected'.

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
What did Ann Coulter say? It might not be true, I saw a fox news interview with her where she said the media makes up quotes that she supposedly said. Is there video or audio of this? That would be the most compelling evidence.

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 10:29:48 AM »
Okay I saw the video! Looks like the guy was trying to get Ann to say something controversial and she was playing along.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »
Considering that Ira Forman has defended Jew-haters, I don't trust him. 

I think Coulter deserves a chance to explain herself considering how the media constantly takes what she says out-of-context and misinterprets what she says. 

Debbie Schlussel's take on what happened:

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »
I also can't wait for Chaim's reaction.  Did someone ask that on the next Ask JTF show.