Poll

How civil should the campaign for DeSantis be?

Keep it clean and respectful
3 (60%)
Go for the jugular
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 31, 2023, 09:37:36 PM

Author Topic: Poll: How civil should the campaign for DeSantis be?  (Read 604 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Poll: How civil should the campaign for DeSantis be?
« on: May 24, 2023, 09:37:36 PM »
Recently I have created my own Twitter account and Facebook account for the purpose of promoting JTF's material (and probably other material) on Ron DeSantis for the primary season.  I'm joining a bunch of Facebook groups that have thousands of people in them.  I will probably be writing a short commentary of my own when posting some of the articles and videos like I used to.  But before I get started, I would like to hear JTFers opinions (especially your opinion, Chaim, if you see this) on how the attitude of this campaign should be.

One way to do this is to keep it civil, which to me means keeping my own commentary to a minimum and just sharing basic articles and videos promoting DeSantis.  I would probably be ignoring most of the comments and negative feedback and just let the videos and articles do the talking.  The benefits to this are that it would be less time consuming, it has less chance of polarizing Republicans to the point that some would refuse to support whoever the nominee is, and there is less chance that I would be banned from the platforms.

The other way to do this is to go for the jugular, which to me means providing plenty of hard-hitting commentary that gets a point across in the most witty way possible.  I would probably be tearing into Trump the trans-Republican and his band of Trumptards quite a bit, as well as his former party of Democrat pervs.  The benefits to this are that it is more entertaining, and when there is more drama, there is more activity and more people would probably pay attention and engage in the conversation.

I suppose another way to do it is some sort of combination of the two, but I feel like I've always had trouble with the middle...
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Poll: How civil should the campaign for DeSantis be?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 06:34:08 PM »
בס''ד

First of all, may Hashem bless you for creating accounts on Twitter and Facebook to promote our message. We already know that no one promotes the message more effectively than you.

Should the DeSantis campaign be positive or negative? I think it's virtually impossible to be 100% positive or 100% negative. But I would lean toward the positive as much as possible to avoid getting banned and to save precious time. At least in the beginning. As the campaign progresses, you may decide to make changes in your strategy. We obviously would prefer to convince the Trumpsters to support DeSantis and to support JTF rather than just antagonize them. If DeSantis runs a good campaign, some of them can be persuaded.

From what I have seen since Elon Musk took over Twitter, there is a difference between Twitter and Facebook. There seems to be much less censorship on Twitter - although some censorship still exists and we still have to be wise. On Facebook, certain issues like race and the Sodomites can easily result in a ban. So on Facebook, the message has to be positive and cautious.

Once again, thank you Dan! You have immense talent and imagination. May Hashem reward you both in this world and in the next.

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 11:24:50 PM »
Thanks for your response Chaim, that sounds like good advice.
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 03:16:53 AM »
  :usa+israel:                                                                                                                      :fist:

My sentiments exactly as I concur with
   both of you about this. A careful combination
   of the two types of approaches with more of the
   aggressive style in the latter stages would, I believe,
   have the most impact on this and be most effective to
   achieve the desired objectives.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 12:06:11 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                        :fist:

In order to defeat Trump at his ‘own game,’
  DeSantis has to be very clever in his approach
  without falling into or ‘baited’ into any of Trump’s traps
  by overreacting or losing his cool by being antagonized.
  He must instead come back at Trump in a careful manner
  yet in an strong, effective way no opponent has yet done.
  This is not impossible and DeSantis can conceivably win!