Author Topic: John McCain "I would vote for a Muslim...."  (Read 2009 times)

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
John McCain "I would vote for a Muslim...."
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »

Jews slam McCain for Christian remarks

Several Jewish organizations criticized Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Monday for saying he would prefer a Christian president over one of a different faith.

In an interview with Beliefnet, a multi-denominational Web site that covers religion and spirituality, McCain was asked whether a Muslim candidate could be a good president.

"I just have to say in all candor that since this nation was founded primarily on Christian principles ... personally, I prefer someone who I know who has a solid grounding in my faith," McCain said. "But that doesn't mean that I'm sure that someone who is Muslim would not make a good president."

Later, McCain said, "I would vote for a Muslim if he or she was the candidate best able to lead the country and defend our political values."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1191257209835&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: John McCain "I would vote for a Muslim...."
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »
So if some Jewish organizations criticize McCain for preferring a Christian president, then I assume they prefer a Muslim president.

What are these Jewish organizations that rather have a Muslim president than A Christian president?

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »
So if some Jewish organizations criticize McCain for preferring a Christian president, then I assume they prefer a Muslim president.

What are these Jewish organizations that rather have a Muslim president than A Christian president?

Never ASSume, it makes an ASS of U and ME. How do u no that they dont care about which religion the president is. In America religon shouldnt have a place in Gov't, only the basic belief in a supreme being. In Israel its a different story because its a Jewish state. America isnt a "christian" state, and the evangelicals will have to realize that.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:34:34 AM »

Never ASSume, it makes an donkey of U and ME. How do u no that they dont care about which religion the president is. In America religon shouldnt have a place in Gov't, only the basic belief in a supreme being. In Israel its a different story because its a Jewish state. America isnt a "christian" state, and the evangelicals will have to realize that.
[/quote]

Does Chaim agree with you?

Chaim disagreed when McCain called Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, evil, around 2000. 

newman

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:50:11 AM »
McCain is a babbling old fool. He wants open borders AND (possibly) a terrorist president. He should be put to sleep.