Author Topic: Republican Debate Highlights  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Republican Debate Highlights
« on: August 24, 2023, 04:55:09 PM »
Spoiler alert:  DeSantis won.  This is the real reason why Trump didn't show up, because he knows he could never win. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CexqdE6yhZc
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Re: Republican Debate Highlights
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 05:05:55 PM »
DeSantis got his biggest applause when he said the U.S. would not be helping the Ukrainian Nazis.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2023/08/24/desantis-got-the-biggest-applause-during-the-debate-after-delivering-this-line-n2627472
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 05:36:07 PM »
21 officials from multiple states have now endorsed Ron DeSantis following the first Republican debate.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/more-than-20-state-officials-endorse-desantis-rnc-debate

Offline Dovid_2

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 05:45:56 PM »
According to Drudge, he is polling behind Nikki Haley?  I'm happy that the conservative establishment is behind DeSantis, but Zachary Strong correctly deduces in his book "Ticket To Heaven" that conservatives are often like the left when it comes to action as opposed to words, so I'm inclined to believe my gut feeling, which is that DeSantis is actually not doing very well at all, and this is all too little too late.  When Cruz spoke at the debates in 2016 and said that this is it, that this was the final chance, he was right.

Boy how I wish I am wrong though.

Online Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 01:47:49 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                          :fist:

While the Republican debaters were, for
  the “most part” saying things that the people
  wanted to hear and enjoyed hearing with
  their own “styles” and with varying ‘levels’
  of “charisma,” I think that Ron DeSantis,
  with his proposals and responses to issues
  conveyed genuine sincerity with conviction.
  I have got to concur with Dan Ben Noach
  that Trump knows that DeSantis would easily
  outshine him in debates and perhaps Trump
  and his advisors want to watch these debates
  and as a result, develop potentially strategic
  counterreactions to his opponents’ talking
  points and positions on the issues. This
  remains to be seen.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 04:52:18 AM »
I thought Vivek won the debate by far while Ron stood around looking like his boring self. However I do think Vivek made a huge mistake by trying out an Obama line, and got called out by Christie of all people for it.

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 06:40:55 PM »
Vivek took more from Obama than his line about having a funny name.  He utilized the Obama technique of making statements that he knew were the exact opposite of the truth.  For example, he said he's the only candidate who is not bought and paid for, when he was bought and paid for by Soros.  Just because Trump says he likes Vivek doesn't mean he won the debate.

Online Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 01:27:46 AM »
     :usa+israel:                                                                                                                 :fist:

I believe the next Republican debate will not be as
      lackluster “in general” and that Ron DeSantis will be
      even more dynamic and impressive than the rest of
      them.