Author Topic: More people watched the second Republican debate than Trump's rally  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Donald ducked the debate again because he can't debate.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-rally-trounced-ratings-republican-debate-1830686

Donald Trump's speech to Michigan autoworkers on Wednesday was viewed by fewer than half as many people as the second Republican presidential debate on Rumble, a video streaming platform launched as an alternative to YouTube and popular with many right-leaning content providers. The two events took place simultaneously, with the GOP frontrunner opting to skip an official debate for the second time.

In total the debate, broadcast by the Republican Party, received 1.25 million views on Rumble versus 522,000 for Trump speech, which was shared on his official channel.

This reverses what happened at the first Republican debate, on August 23, which received fewer views than Trump's interview with Tucker Carlson, which was broadcast the same day on X, formerly Twitter. Different weightings were used.

Carlson's X interview with Trump was viewed more than 100 million times within four hours and has since accumulated over 266 million views according to the platform's own figures. By contrast 12.8 million people watched the first GOP debate, which was broadcast on the Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and the Fox Nation streaming platform, according to Nielsen figures.

Trump would later claim it was the most watched interview in history, dethroning Oprah Winfrey's televised 1993 sit-down with Michael Jackson, which was viewed by 62 million people according to Nielsen.

He commented: "Wow, my interview with Tucker Carlson has turned out to be the single most watched video and interview in the history of the world, I guess. Such a great honor to have participated. 262 million views and counting.

"More than doubling the longtime reigning champ, the Oprah Winfrey interview of Michael Jackson."

However the comparison is far from exact as X counts anyone who saw the tweet Carlson put out containing the video of a view, even if they were just scrolling past on their timeline.

During his address to autoworkers on Wednesday Trump urged the leadership of the United Auto Workers (UAW) union, which is currently leading strike action against three of America's biggest carmakers, to support him.

He commented: "Your leadership should endorse me and I will not say a bad thing about them again."

However UAW leader Shawn Fain condemned Trump before his visit, commenting: "I see no point in meeting with him because I don't think the man has any bit of care about what our workers stand for, what the working class stands for. He serves a billionaire class, and that's what's wrong with this country."

President Joe Biden visited a UWA picket line on Wednesday to show solidarity with the striking workers.

Seven Republican presidential hopefuls took part in Wednesday's debate, including Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who polling indicates is Trump's closest rival for the 2024 GOP nomination.

DeSantis used the debate to hit out at Trump, commenting: "The former president, he's missing in action tonight. He's had a lot to say about that. He should be here explaining his comments to try to say pro-life protections are somehow a terrible thing."

During his address Trump suggested he has ruled his seven rivals out as possible running mates, stating: "I don't know, does anybody see any VP in the group? I don't think so."
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: More people watched the second Republican debate than Trump's rally
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 10:08:21 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                          :fist:

Definitely correct and excellent take on all this,
  especially about his ability to effectively debate
  and in a “professional manner.” Perhaps he is also
  complacent as well, being comfortable with the
  current lead he now has over his potential
  “main opponent.”