Author Topic: Keeping The Faith - The Righteous Women of JTF  (Read 4910 times)

admin

Keeping The Faith - The Righteous Women of JTF
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:07:38 PM »
I got this E-mail from Take Back Our Temple.

Yacov,

Is there a way to create a private thread and possibly some ftp space for anyone that wants to work with me? For now my email address is [email protected].
   Here is my vision. I'm going to keep the audio simple. Just "Keeping the faith" and maybe something in Hebrew. I'll see if I can loop it. If you can help me obtain a quote from any of the women on this forum or any woman who has contributed to the cause(the Sarah who used to do the show with Chaim is a good example), I will try to find images to match them. For Tzipora and Miriam, I will use Hebrew quotes, which I need you to ask for. I'm never sure how these videos end, but I'll give it a try as soon as I have enough information.
   Is there any chance of making work a little easier for me by sending me an mp3 or wave file? I can do this, but it takes time. Thanks.

Lisa, Or_ly

If you have a sentence or two that you would like to contribute, please feel free to do so.

Shmuel

You are to make a video response to this music video using the music in it. The video should be about the righteous Kahanist women of JTF. You can use pictures of Hilltop Youth women and women fighting expulsions and you can mention the righteous Jewish women on the forum (Lisa, Yephora, Or_ly, Tzipora (On the Hebrew forum.), and Miriam (On the Hebrew forum.).

Yacov Menashe.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:40:05 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Keeping The Faith - The Righteous Women of JTF
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:45:10 PM »
Just checking into this section as promised. I have a busy week ahead of me but will be back soon.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:50:51 PM »
This is great, and will encourage a lot more women.
Shoshana has had quite a Journey, she should be pmed and asked a few things, she converted when she was 16 or something.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 04:41:32 PM »
Shoshana has had quite a Journey, she should be pmed and asked a few things, she converted when she was 16 or something.

I thought she was always Jewish. So did she have a real Orthodox conversion? If she didn't, then she is not really Jewish.

She did, i'm sure and she was married to a Jewish man as well.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »
Very famous pic, a second later the policemen crushed her .  >:(
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:58:20 PM »
I hope a Kahanist government has these kapos stoned to death.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:14:53 PM »

I thought she was always Jewish. So did she have a real Orthodox conversion? If she didn't, then she is not really Jewish.

Was the Jewish husband her last husband, or was she married twice?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 12:19:01 AM »
wow

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 12:40:36 AM »
This just wows me.And don't ask.No comment!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 05:17:31 AM »
Shoshana said she was not married to a Jew.
Well, according to my rabbi and from other rabbis that I have heard from, they will not convert anyone if they are living with:
1. A non-observant Jew...and or has no plans of becoming observant
2. A Gentile husband or wife
3. A prospective future with a gentile engagement ....the potential convert intends to marry a Gentile even after conversion
4. Lives with his or her Gentile family (which is my dreadful case!)

Well, my Rabbi is from Chabad, so they are strict but any Orthodox Rabbi should have high and strict standards with every convert.

Yes, I know some Jew who has a gentile girlfriend who is going to "convert" for him, but he is non-observant so the conversion is going to be a "reconstructionist conversion".  Whatever that is.  I imagine it's much like an Islamic conversion where you say "There is only Allah, and Mo' poophead is his prophet" 3 times except this one is like "I'm a Jew, I'm a Jew, I'm a Jew" and then you're set. 

I didn't know that you were converting to Judaism, Mills, mazal tov!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:19:04 AM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 05:17:18 PM »

Was the Jewish husband her last husband, or was she married twice?

Shoshana said she was not married to a Jew.

Sorry, my bad.