Poll

Do you believe that UFO's are extraterrestrial life?

yes
5 (35.7%)
no
9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you believe in UFO's?  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Do you believe in UFO's?
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:35:14 PM »
What do you think?

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Do you believe in UFO's?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:13 PM »
UFOs are just unidentified flying objects.  Of course there are UFOs, there's all sorts of unidentified craft flying around like spy drones, military prototypes, and people see other UFOs all the time.  I think the question is whether people believe that some UFOs are crafts of extraterrestrial beings. 

I don't believe that UFOs are extraterrestrial crafts.  The sheer time that it would take one of them to reach us makes it extremely unlikely. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:46:44 PM »
I doubt we are alone in this universe, its far too huge....but I dont hide in the basement wearing a foil hat either :laugh:

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:50:19 PM »
NO.I think we have plenty of worries on Earth without getting aliens involved.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:53:41 PM »
We're probably not alone in the Universe, but the chance of there being planet that can support life that is close to us is very low, the probability that a super-intelligent civilization period is already very low, the chance that it is close to us is extremely rarer, and the chance that some extraterrestrials would be able to make the few thousand of million light year trip is even less likely.  Even if a craft could travel at the speed of light which is physically impossible, it would still be a prohibitively long distance to travel and would take a few thousand or million years. 

I've been to lectures given by physicists who are at the forefront of looking for planets that could support life and seen their statistics on the subject, as well as the chance that a super-intelligent civilization could develop.  There are so many factors to take into consideration for whether a planet can support life, we sort of just take it for granted that there are many planets out there like earth, which is so perfectly suited to life thanks to HaShem.  As far as the probability that UFOs have reached the earth, we're talking chances of 1 in a billion or less.  I think that's even a liberal estimate.  The chances are so low that for all intents and purposes it's 0, that's how low the chances are.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:55:29 PM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 11:35:11 PM »
The very thought that there are "Men from Mars" flying around in saucer-shaped spaceships is absurd and ludicrous!

However, The Mothman is real and there's scientific proof of his appearances in West Virginia!

He tried to eat some people out for a walk, but they ran as fast as they could, jumped in their car, and floored the gas pedal all the way...only to look back and see Mothman was flying through the air alongside their car...both the car and Mothman were traveling 100 mph! 

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:41:52 PM »
Hey by the way I own land in WV where the mothman lives.What a load of Crap!Fun though!
wayne jude

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 11:43:07 PM »
I know who DOES believe in UFOs with extraterrestrial creatures in them.  Elijah Muhammed, MMH HMM!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 12:18:29 AM »
I know who DOES believe in UFOs with extraterrestrial creatures in them.  Elijah Muhammed, MMH HMM!

ehem Mista, that's the Honorable Elijah Muhammed.

along with his first capitan Malcolm X!

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 12:21:06 AM »
Please!

raiseyourfist

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 12:43:54 AM »
I believe in Muslims... they must have come from some other place and surely not of this earth...

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:45:18 AM »
I believe in Muslims... they must have come from some other place and surely not of this earth...

I believe that if we take Muslims and put them into spacecrafts and launch them into the Sun we can make our own extraterrestrial creatures!