Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

So, there are different interpretations of Matthew 27:25? 

"All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”

Do you want me to start a poll asking our Jewish members how they interpret it?

Yes there are different interpretations of that. Absolutely... just as I've tried to tell you there are. I understand why many take issue with it because they only see the one. What you need to understand is that in the USA most Christians that I've encountered are philo-Semitic and pro-Israel. I feel like being anti-Semitic rejects the Bible in general because not only did the Bible originate from Jewish people, but Jesus himself was Jewish and besides that, every human on earth is made in God's Image so hating one race or another is like hating God because we all reflect God's Image regardless of our ancestry. Each human being is a unique design and each human child is a gift and a blessing. To hate any group of people as a whole is to hate God.
General Discussion / Re: O.J. Simpson literally got away with murder
« Last post by cjd on April 14, 2024, 08:03:18 AM »
I don't understand how they were able to move to a white hating jurisdiction and only approve Juries that belong to very specific demographics.
I think the state prosecution team made a good dog and pony show pretending to actively go after Simpson for murder, but it was far simpler for him to be found not guilty... The burning and looting if Simpson were found guilty would have been off the charts. 
General Discussion / Re: Israel under renewed attack
« Last post by cjd on April 13, 2024, 09:34:28 PM »
Wait a minute.  Why is Israel allowing this?  I find it hard to believe that a bunch of cavemen pulled one over on Israel.....again.
Israel is allowing this against their better interests in order to appease the White House,  the evil U.N and off kilter world opinion... In my opinion "Time is a wasting" Israel should have been the attacker and not the attacked in this go round... They knew it was coming.
All I'm trying to let you know is that there ARE different ways people interpret these things and not all of them are anti-Semitic. Most American Christians I've met are not at all anti-Semitic and quite the opposite in fact, and yet these same people are very sincere, committed Christians. They believe in supporting Israel and such as well. When Chaim was in prison and he was starving because they wouldn't give him kosher food, a Christian senator named Jesse Helms stepped in and got him food.

Your experience with Christianity and my experience with it are two completely different things. I'm sorry that you got exposed only to the bad people who lay claim to it.

So, there are different interpretations of Matthew 27:25? 

"All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”

Do you want me to start a poll asking our Jewish members how they interpret it?
General Discussion / Re: Israel under renewed attcak
« Last post by angryChineseKahanist on April 13, 2024, 08:53:37 PM »
Wait a minute.  Why is Israel allowing this?  I find it hard to believe that a bunch of cavemen pulled one over on Israel.....again.
You do not fulfill a law by abolishing it.

Attacking the Pharisees was unjustified. They were led by the rabbis and Sanhedrin. It is the heretical Sadducees who rejected the Oral Torah and the leadership of the rabbis. 

Matthew 27:25 attacks all the Jewish people and their children. You can try to twist it into a pro-Israel interpretation or you can reject it like I did.

All I'm trying to let you know is that there ARE different ways people interpret these things and not all of them are anti-Semitic. Most American Christians I've met are not at all anti-Semitic and quite the opposite in fact, and yet these same people are very sincere, committed Christians. They believe in supporting Israel and such as well. When Chaim was in prison and he was starving because they wouldn't give him kosher food, a Christian senator named Jesse Helms stepped in and got him food.

Your experience with Christianity and my experience with it are two completely different things. I'm sorry that you got exposed only to the bad people who lay claim to it.
General Discussion / Israel under renewed attack
« Last post by cjd on April 13, 2024, 07:41:27 PM »
It's sad to see due to the poor leadership in Washington today has allowed the situation to develop like this... G-d willing the Iron Dome and the IDF will minimize loss of life and damage in Israel... Better policy from the White House over the last few years may have produced a far better picture than we see now.
The doctrine I learned was that Jesus was the fulfillment of the ceremonial laws so certain things don't apply anymore like the need to be kosher, etc. Even those things aren't "obsolete" but are just currently fulfilled so we don't have to do anything further with that. However the moral laws never stopped applying. So thou shalt not murder, the rules against homosexual sex, etc. never got erased, obsolete, etc.

I understand that you grew up under very different circumstances and were taught different things than I was, and it looks like you have some religious trauma from that which I have a lot of sympathy/empathy for. However it seems like you're often conflating your experiences and what you were personally taught to Christianity in general and that's not really accurate. When I was growing up I was always taught that being pro-Israel was the only valid way to be for a Christian, specifically because of Genesis 12:3 and other verses that were important and NOT considered obsolete in any way.

I didn't find out anyone took a different interpretation until I was an adult and I actually thought the person telling me that there were anti-Semitic "Christians" was lying to me and was just being a jerk because I'd never heard of anything like that before then. To me it was like hearing there are Christians who also worship Satan. It just flat out didn't make any sense. Christianity is based on the teachings of a Jewish person so how could any sincere Christian possibly be anti-Semitic? It's stupid and ridiculous to think the two ideas are compatible.

Of course there were some harsh things said in the NT about the Pharisees of the time but that doesn't apply to Jews racially speaking and doesn't necessarily apply to modern Judaism either. Hypocrisy was one of the main things that was called out, like acting holy in public but not really being holy for example. You could use the same criticisms to call out some of the nasty behavior that happened in the RCC where evil priests were moved around to new congregations rather than turned in to authorities. You could apply these criticisms to evil pastors who use their position of authority to take advantage of people in their churches and then get outed later all the while acting like holy people to the public.

There were also Jewish people at the time who followed Jesus willingly and didn't see His teachings as being against them in any way. Even some in high positions of religious authority like Nicodemus believed that Jesus might be the Messiah so it's not as if it was just illiterate people or ignorant people who didn't understand the scriptures. Someone like Nicodemus would have been highly read and knowledgeable about the religious laws and their intricacies.

So while I'm definitely not here to proselytize which would be against the rules anyway, I do want to set the stage for you to understand that there is more than one interpretation and that the anti-Semitic environment you apparently experienced is not what many other people who are Christians subscribe to. You paint with a very broad brush based on your own personal experiences and what you were taught. I agree with your rejecting those evil teachings and I understand why the whole thing would leave a bitter taste in you toward Christians. However you need to understand that is not the case across the board.

You do not fulfill a law by abolishing it.

Attacking the Pharisees was unjustified. They were led by the rabbis and Sanhedrin. It is the heretical Sadducees who rejected the Oral Torah and the leadership of the rabbis. 

Matthew 27:25 attacks all the Jewish people and their children. You can try to twist it into a pro-Israel interpretation or you can reject it like I did.

Elijah Muhammad be waitin on da mother ship umm hmm :::D :::D :::D :::D
Missa is the celebration of the Eucharist.

My Croatian genes make me the perfect grammar Nazi.
Missa is how schvartzers (negros) say Mister in their mangled ghetto English
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10