Author Topic: Could McCain Propel Huckabee to the GOP Nomination  (Read 2909 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Could McCain Propel Huckabee to the GOP Nomination
« on: December 23, 2007, 03:49:33 AM »
Huckabee is going strong and will likely win in Iowa. And if Romney fails to win in NH that will be a huge blow to Mitt Romney. John McCain is gaining a lot of ground in NH. If McCain wins in New Hapshire then Romney's chances will be close to dead. From there we take it to South Carilina where it will be a head to head matchup between McCain and Huckabee and Huckabee being the better canidate will win and propel him to the nomination.

Thoughts???
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Could McCain Propel Huckabee to the GOP Nomination
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 04:01:43 AM »
I think it's more likely that South Carolina will end up between Huckabee and Thompson. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 04:07:10 AM »
I think it's more likely that South Carolina will end up between Huckabee and Thompson. 

Thompson's campaign is dead and the Huge blows he will be delt with the two losses in Iowa and NH will further kill his chances of even compeating in South Carolina (a state which he should be strong in).
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 04:11:36 AM »

Thompson's campaign is dead and the Huge blows he will be delt with the two losses in Iowa and NH will further kill his chances of even compeating in South Carolina (a state which he should be strong in).

Thompson is very southern and those in the south like him.  He definitely has a chance in southern states. 

He's also starting to campaign harder in Iowa so if people there get tired of exchanges between Huckabee and Romney, they may take another look at Thompson. 

For Thompson's campaign to be close to done, he would need to do badly in South Carolina. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 04:22:34 AM »
Even if Thompson finishes a strong second to Huckabee he will still be done because that would mean that Fred has gone zero for three and not one person has done that and still won the nomination. Only Huckabee can win the nomination now.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »
Let's hope that does happen, because McCain IS the WORST of all the Republicans. He must be defeated!!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »
McCain has no chance in Iowa or SC so if he derails Mitt Romney in NH they Huckeabee will get the Nod with no problem
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »
Let's hope that does happen, because McCain IS the WORST of all the Republicans. He must be defeated!!
McCain is the worst of the Republicans on issues however the thought of a Thompson presidency leaves me scratching my head. What exactly would we get? He does say the right thing from time to time however the man seems to have the motivation of a sloth. I really don't see any potential for good in either of them. Its sad that we have pick people for this election by a process of elimination of who is worse instead of picking a candidate we really admire.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 02:32:13 PM »
McCain is the worst of the Republicans on issues however the thought of a Thompson presidency leaves me scratching my head. What exactly would we get? He does say the right thing from time to time however the man seems to have the motivation of a sloth. I really don't see any potential for good in either of them. Its sad that we have pick people for this election by a process of elimination of who is worse instead of picking a candidate we really admire.

At the "Free Republic" forum, a lot of the people there want to believe that Thompson is such a "consistent conservative."  I don't think he had that good of a record though when he was in the senate. 

I'm supporting a candidate who I like (Hunter) rather than trying to decide between a bunch that I dislike, which one do I dislike the least.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »

At the "Free Republic" forum, a lot of the people there want to believe that Thompson is such a "consistent conservative."  I don't think he had that good of a record though when he was in the senate. 

I'm supporting a candidate who I like (Hunter) rather than trying to decide between a bunch that I dislike, which one do I dislike the least.

In the end we will all be united, but for now vote who is the best. I am supporting Huckabee but I know Hunter would be better. But like Tancrado Hunter will drop out too. Hopefully before Iowa.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 09:57:58 AM »

In the end we will all be united, but for now vote who is the best. I am supporting Huckabee but I know Hunter would be better. But like Tancrado Hunter will drop out too. Hopefully before Iowa.

As long as he's in it, you should support Hunter. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 09:42:57 PM »

As long as he's in it, you should support Hunter. 

I have to disagree and not because I don't like Hunter. If we support Huckabee to win in the end we must do everything in our power to stop his opponents so voting for Hucakbee would be a blow to Romney. Real Consertives support Huckabee because the see his as the lesser of the two evils if they support Huckabee it will hurt Mitt who is fraud
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 03:17:33 AM »
Huckabee is going strong and will likely win in Iowa. And if Romney fails to win in NH that will be a huge blow to Mitt Romney. John McCain is gaining a lot of ground in NH. If McCain wins in New Hapshire then Romney's chances will be close to dead. From there we take it to South Carilina where it will be a head to head matchup between McCain and Huckabee and Huckabee being the better canidate will win and propel him to the nomination.

Thoughts???

You shouldn't have supported McCain to win in NH.