Author Topic: US man sentenced for throwing QURANS  (Read 2676 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
US man sentenced for throwing QURANS
« on: March 05, 2008, 05:56:11 AM »
What else an i say >:(

US man sentenced for throwing QURANS

A New York university student who twice threw copies of the Quran into a toilet at the university was sentenced to 300 hours of community service, press reports said on Monday.

Russian immigrant Stanislav Shmulevich, 24, admitted that he threw the Muslim holy book into toilets at New York's Pace University on Oct. 13, 2006 and Nov. 21, 2006, Newsday reported.

A criminal complaint quoted by the paper says the Quran that was recovered in the October incident "was covered in feces." O0

According to New York police detective Faisal Khan, Shmulevich said "he committed the acts out of anger toward a group of Muslim students with whom he had a recent disagreement," the paper said.

Shmulevich, a former business major who is no longer at Pace, pleaded guilty Monday to disorderly conduct in connection with the incidents. He has served 80 hours of the 300 hour sentence at a hospital.

Muslims consider the Quran as a sacred text containing the direct word of God. Desecrating it is seen as an offense against God.

--Agencies
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 06:00:07 AM by ASHISH »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: US man sentenced for throwing QURANS
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 06:04:31 AM »
Bolsheviks  >:(
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

newman

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 06:08:51 AM »
We need to find out more.

Was he sentenced for desecrating the nazi-koran or blocking the toilet? The report doesn'r say. 'Disorderly conduct' is a bit vague.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 06:24:21 AM »
He should of made some droppings on that filthy book and then flush it.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 07:19:50 AM »
Is it against Judaism to take a bunch of Korans and light a bonfire with it as a show of demonstration to this?

And if not light a bonfire, to deficate on it?

and if not to deficate on it, throw lard all over it?

I think it sounds like a good post...

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 07:22:04 AM »
There is no doubt that the Quran has become the most "sacred" and "protected" of books in our culture... I'm surprised our government doesn't issue secret service agents to protect and guard each copy of the Quran on American soil... New York University has a long history of being an "ultra liberal" environment, actually, as sick as it might sound, they let Stanislav Shmulevich off with a relatively light punishment considering how aghast that school must have been at his so-called "crime"... What's next in New York? Will they parade the Quran down 5th Avenue in a bulletproof limo and expect us all to bow down in reverence? Uh, not me pal, not me... I ain't EVER bowing down to the Quran...

If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Sergio 11

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 07:38:25 AM »
I guess the Government has to be seen doing the right thing by the general public

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 07:43:35 AM »
I wonder was it his own copies or the schools? I don't think I would want to check them out the library after that  :-\

Sergio 11

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 07:55:16 AM »
In America if a muslim did something like that to a Bible or a Siddur they would get away with it no questions asked but when a non muslim attacks Islam it is frowned upon

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »
Don't look to far they will not challenge that here either muslims can get away with what they like.

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
In America if a muslim did something like that to a Bible or a Siddur they would get away with it no questions asked but when a non muslim attacks Islam it is frowned upon

As much as it pains me to say so, in today's America, if a muslim did anything disrespectful to a "Holy Book" of any other faith they would probably be on "GOOD MORNING AMERICA" the next morning and celebrated for their "bravery"... We live in a ethically and morally backwards society... Despite the attacks on that fateful day of 9/11, it seems that muslims now have more freedoms and liberties to do whatever they want in this country... BUT if you dare say anything that isn't positive regarding the Quran, you risk being put in shackles and fed to the hounds-- like I said, it's completely backwards-- good is bad and bad is good...
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
was he a Russian Jew??

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 09:34:01 AM »
This is like in Europe  :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 09:42:24 AM »
That's right! He cloged up that toilet! And he dirty up that stall!
Putting a filthy quran in a perfectly good toilet is disgusting!

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 10:10:29 AM »
To me this indicates that Muslims worship the books themselves. I can understand being upset by something like that if it were the Bible, but if I saw that, I'd consider it an act by an immature person that doesn't do any harm to my faith, or to God. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 11:09:56 AM »
I wish I had a Koran. I'd like to tear out pages, tie a trip of bacon around them and toss them out all over town. LOL

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
This is a serious subject!!!!

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »

I am serious.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 05:06:16 PM »

I am serious.

I wasnt refering to you.  I was just making a statement, because these are all the seeds of making Islam untouchable, the way its starting to become in Britain.

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 09:20:44 PM »
Oh. ok.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 12:41:02 AM »

That's great.  Hoover won on "a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage".  Maybe the Loyalist Party can win on "a Quran in every toilet".

Thats a great idea.   I will see if we can work that in somehow. 

Brian

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 01:16:46 AM »
was he a Russian Jew??

Yes
I knew it, only Russian Jew would have balls to do something like that!! Russians Jews are mad crazy about their religion i guess just recently !! Respect!! 

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 02:12:20 AM »
was he a Russian Jew??

Yes
I knew it, only Russian Jew would have balls to do something like that!! Russians Jews are mad crazy about their religion i guess just recently !! Respect!! 

Respect O0