Author Topic: A question from another forum  (Read 2651 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
A question from another forum
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:47:23 AM »
"I have a question for you. Since Kahana preferred a Jewish State over a democratic state, do you support his notion, or at least the implication that after he became Prime Minister and "expelled all the Arabs" he would suppress secular Jewr? We have to assume that he would have ended up kicking at least some Jews out of the country and making it very hard for other reform and conservative Jews to live there. Since 80 percent of Israel professes to a Judaism that he would not agree with, I can't believe he would kick them all out, but who knows.

I part with Kahana on that issue. I also read some of his books and found myself agreeing with more than disagreeing. But, I would never sanction the willful suppression of Aliya just because I didn't agree with that particular Jew's brand of Judaism. Israel was created for all of us, and we defeat the purpose of the Zionist experiment by qualifying Aliya by one group's observance of Judaism. Ben Gurion was correct when he said he wanted a state that would welcome Jewish scientists and religious scholars as well as the Jewish prostitutes and thieves. " 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: A question from another forum
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »
There are many leftist Jews in Israel who advocate for the destruction of the Jewish state.  One example is Tali Fahima, whose boyfriend is an Arab terrorist.  Those Jews (in name only) SHOULD be expelled by any righteous Jewish Torah true government in Israel. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »
There are many leftist Jews in Israel who advocate for the destruction of the Jewish state.  One example is Tali Fahima, whose boyfriend is an Arab terrorist.  Those Jews (in name only) SHOULD be expelled by any righteous Jewish Torah true government in Israel. 

Tali Fahima is Jewish?  Why is she with that terrorist? 

Did you hear about how an arab in the knesset was exposed for having been undermining Israel's national security by forming alliances with terrorist regimes?  Crazy liberals would rather have that arab in the knesset than a Jew who believes in the Torah. 

Liberal Jewish publications refer to George Soros (Tzorot) as a wonderful philanthropist.  They don't report the facts about him. 

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:05:07 PM »
Rabbi Meir Kahane was questioned about this exact subject many times during live media interviews, and he is on record as advocating a State based on Torah values.
He said he wanted Shabbat to be an officially recognized and observed day, and stated that he had no intentions of allowing a "Taliban" style religious police to harrass those living a more secular life.
It does stand to reason, however, that pork production would not exist in such a state; nor would foods violating Kosher laws be allowed for sale.
Those opting for a truly Jewish Israel would have to be aware that they are making a choice for a truly Jewish State, and not a state full of Jews who walk around boasting "...I am not a Jew....I am an Israeli!..."
Towards the end of his life, Rabbi Kahane publicly stated that he would be willing to allow non-Jews (and even loyal Arabs) to reside in Israel according to Torah law....they would be prohibited from voting and bearing arms; but otherwise receive the same benefits of statehood as Jewish citizens.
One can not logically make a case for a Jewish State in the Land Of Israel, without making the case for Torah and Ha'Shem's gift of the Land to the Jewish People.
Once Torah is removed from arguments claiming Jewish sovereignty over Eretz Yisrael, no case exists to argue for the existence of such a State.
And my preceding statement defines the confused situation now found in the State of Israel; it wants to be a secular "little America" with "democracy" its highest value, yet finds that reality to be the justification for the Muslim Arab arguments that all of the Middle East must belong to them.
Muslims proudly and devoutly use their sacred book to justify their claims to Jewish Land; while Jewish "intellectuals" insist on secular academic arguments which fall short during debates because of their refusal to acknowledge Torah and G-d as their source for legitimacy.
If "democracy" is the justification for support of Israel, then a growing Arab population governed by Hamas will soon supplant the Jewish "secular democrats", just as George W. Bush's recent "democratization" voting plan for the PLO so vividly revealed just recently.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 02:05:35 AM »
Massuh, the Rav never had a problem with non-Jews in Israel so long as they follow the laws of Ger Toshav, that was always his position. It happens to be almost none of the Goyim in Eretz Yisrael at this time fit that category
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
Rabbi Meir Kahane was questioned about this exact subject many times during live media interviews, and he is on record as advocating a State based on Torah values.
He said he wanted Shabbat to be an officially recognized and observed day, and stated that he had no intentions of allowing a "Taliban" style religious police to harrass those living a more secular life.
It does stand to reason, however, that pork production would not exist in such a state; nor would foods violating Kosher laws be allowed for sale.
Those opting for a truly Jewish Israel would have to be aware that they are making a choice for a truly Jewish State, and not a state full of Jews who walk around boasting "...I am not a Jew....I am an Israeli!..."
Towards the end of his life, Rabbi Kahane publicly stated that he would be willing to allow non-Jews (and even loyal Arabs) to reside in Israel according to Torah law....they would be prohibited from voting and bearing arms; but otherwise receive the same benefits of statehood as Jewish citizens.
One can not logically make a case for a Jewish State in the Land Of Israel, without making the case for Torah and Ha'Shem's gift of the Land to the Jewish People.
Once Torah is removed from arguments claiming Jewish sovereignty over Eretz Yisrael, no case exists to argue for the existence of such a State.
And my preceding statement defines the confused situation now found in the State of Israel; it wants to be a secular "little America" with "democracy" its highest value, yet finds that reality to be the justification for the Muslim Arab arguments that all of the Middle East must belong to them.
Muslims proudly and devoutly use their sacred book to justify their claims to Jewish Land; while Jewish "intellectuals" insist on secular academic arguments which fall short during debates because of their refusal to acknowledge Torah and G-d as their source for legitimacy.
If "democracy" is the justification for support of Israel, then a growing Arab population governed by Hamas will soon supplant the Jewish "secular democrats", just as George W. Bush's recent "democratization" voting plan for the PLO so vividly revealed just recently.

As you know, when Kahane was been from the Knesset, that was no sign of being a democracy.  Yet, on the other forum, people have claimed that if Israel's laws followed Torah, then it would be discriminatory to Jews who aren't interested in following the laws of Kashrut, for example.  How would a government following the Torah be handled? 
How would secularists be dealt with?