Author Topic: If the economy is picking up a little steam, I hope it won't help Obama.  (Read 539 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Yes, the Dow Jones is doing well, but the economy is still very very sluggish overall and real estate just hit new bottoms. 

Regardless, the main concern at this point seems to be unemployment and gas prices.....   not the stock market.

While the unemployment has been skewed to appear like things are only 'moderately' bad with hiring... gas prices are currently a HUGE factor in Obama's chances.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Yes, the Dow Jones is doing well, but the economy is still very very sluggish overall and real estate just hit new bottoms. 

Regardless, the main concern at this point seems to be unemployment and gas prices.....   not the stock market.

While the unemployment has been skewed to appear like things are only 'moderately' bad with hiring... gas prices are currently a HUGE factor in Obama's chances.
The big factor that goes a long way with the unwashed is that Bush 2 was known as an "oil man" and our sitting president paints himself as a man of the people... Notice how hardly a complaint is heard while gas prices are about the highest ever... They would have had GWB's head on a white house platter by now... As far as things looking better goes its only the things that the administration can tweak a bit with 2 trillion in funny money... The housing market is still a very big problem and despite all the smoke and mirrors the mortgage default numbers are getting ever worse... The entire  global financial situation looks like a house of cards... About the only thing keeping the situation moving forward is the fact the media for the most part paints a positive picture and people for the most part are choosing to believe it... After election time whoever the winner is it will be quite a different story.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Nothing will help the imposter to people like us, but those that voted for him, will probably vote for him again. I don't understand WHY they do NOT see the TRUTH! I am so dumbfounded by these obamabots. They really do NOT have a mind of their own. The only that truly scares me, is that he will be the imposter another 4 years. >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
They have quit recording what the unemployed are doing who have given up on finding jobs.. its still over 10% in some states and Obama care is not going to help businesses to hire or expand...We are just trickling along...Really a very poor economic record...don't be fooled.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
The economy in Florida is really bad here and most people I know around here are unemployed.