Author Topic: Do not let the Left lay claim to issues you care about!!!  (Read 696 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Do not let the Left lay claim to issues you care about!!!
« on: October 30, 2008, 12:00:49 AM »
The Left cares about the environment/The Right cares about Capitalism
The Left cares about the mother's right to choose/ The Right cares about the Rights of the unborn.
The Left cares about Human rights/The Right cares about National Security.
The Left loves Muslims/The Right loves Christians and increasingly, Jews.
The Left cares about the poor/ The Right cares about the general economy.
The Left cares about Health Care for all/The Right cares about the economy.

What nonsense!!! 

These are fake cultural constructions for the most part.  Do not believe it.  There are many on the Right who care about the environment.  I am one of them.  People are drawing battle lines by claiming to be the champions of certain causes.  It bothers me that when people find out that I am a conservative, they assume that I don't care about the poor or about the environment or about human rights.  I am for all of these things.  The difference between me and someone on the Left who is for all of these things, is that I can use some common sense.  I won't champion the environment or the rights of the poor at the expense of the economy, and I won't champion human rights at the expense of our national security.

For our younger members, who are constantly bombarded with messages that suggest that if you are a conservative, then you must be a heartless bottom liner, who cares nothing for the environment or the less fortunate, I want you to know that this is not so.  Do not let people exclude you from the issues you care about just because they are championed by groups that you otherwise disagree with.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Do not let the Left lay claim to issues you care about!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »
Very true Zachor_Ve_Kavod...

And it is also true that the religious conservatives often are some of the biggest givers to the poor. I myself am generous to many charities and take care of homeless people. I support the environment but don't put the blame for global warming on human reasons. The truth is that the world goes through climate changes naturally and there is much evidence that we are moving towards a cooling trend. On animal rights I am for considerate treatment of animals but i don't believe that they have 'rights' like we understand them. We are voting here in CA to give certain farm animals cushy cages so they can stretch their wings, etc. I dont think that the cost is worth voting to give animals bigger cages. Am I wrong? I don't think so...

But the Republicans are very open to many different ideas at this time. Traditional conservativism is hard to define. I agree that economically conservative is the most important. But I am pretty much against most of the liberal social agenda {gay rights, alien driver licenses, affirmative action, abortion, etc.}... We are open to saving the environment and helping raise every American family to higher living standards through a strong economy. This is my opinion...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 01:36:27 AM »
Very true Zachor_Ve_Kavod...

And it is also true that the religious conservatives often are some of the biggest givers to the poor. I myself am generous to many charities and take care of homeless people. I support the environment but don't put the blame for global warming on human reasons. The truth is that the world goes through climate changes naturally and there is much evidence that we are moving towards a cooling trend. On animal rights I am for considerate treatment of animals but i don't believe that they have 'rights' like we understand them. We are voting here in CA to give certain farm animals cushy cages so they can stretch their wings, etc. I dont think that the cost is worth voting to give animals bigger cages. Am I wrong? I don't think so...

But the Republicans are very open to many different ideas at this time. Traditional conservativism is hard to define. I agree that economically conservative is the most important. But I am pretty much against most of the liberal social agenda {gay rights, alien driver licenses, affirmative action, abortion, etc.}... We are open to saving the environment and helping raise every American family to higher living standards through a strong economy. This is my opinion...

muman613

Thank you Muman.  I would add that there is a great deal more to environmental issues than global warming.  Global warming, to me, is less of an issue than the preservation of clean water for instance.  I also believe that animals should not be treated in a barbaric fashion.  That is one of the pluses of kosher meats.  I agree that they don't have rights like people have rights, but philosophically, they are part of G-d's creation and should be treated with respect.  When you say you oppose gay rights, what do you mean by that?  Do you think that they shouldn't be allowed to vote, or that they should be forbidden to work, or that they shouldn't be allowed in certain public places?  Because I don't agree with that.  Gay "marriage" is a separate issue entirely.  I'm glad that you pointed out that conservatives are the biggest contributors to charity.  This has been the case for some time now.  The PGA (which really still is a conservative major league organization) contributes more to charity than all of the other major league sports combined. 

I'm just tired of the Left claiming that they have a monopoly on moral authority.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 01:47:08 AM »
Shalom Zachor_Ve_Kavod,

When I say gay rights I mean rights which only homosexuals would have. Of course everyone has a right to make a living and not be discriminated against. But gay rights means to sue religious organizations because they won't ordain a gay Rabbi or priest. I mean prohibiting publication of the Torah or Bibles because it contains the idea that Homosexuality is perversion {this is already in the courts now}. I mean that gays should be portrayed as a valid lifestyle choice in the school system {this is already in the CA school system} and Obama wants to teach pre-schoolers about homosexual relationships.

I am sick of the spread of the homosexual agenda which permeates california. I think you agree with me on this...

muman613

PS: The left has never had moral authority. They lean toward bleeding-heart ideals like the 'tree-sitters' here in Berkeley who do crazy things to save trees from being cut down. I think they are nuts... Then there are those who burn down property and destroy things in the name of saving the environment. And then theres PETA who considers eating chicken equal to the Holocaust. These peoples priorities are completely perverted. That is not moral authority...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 06:09:28 PM »
Shalom Zachor_Ve_Kavod,

When I say gay rights I mean rights which only homosexuals would have. Of course everyone has a right to make a living and not be discriminated against. But gay rights means to sue religious organizations because they won't ordain a gay Rabbi or priest. I mean prohibiting publication of the Torah or Bibles because it contains the idea that Homosexuality is perversion {this is already in the courts now}. I mean that gays should be portrayed as a valid lifestyle choice in the school system {this is already in the CA school system} and Obama wants to teach pre-schoolers about homosexual relationships.

I am sick of the spread of the homosexual agenda which permeates california. I think you agree with me on this...

muman613

PS: The left has never had moral authority. They lean toward bleeding-heart ideals like the 'tree-sitters' here in Berkeley who do crazy things to save trees from being cut down. I think they are nuts... Then there are those who burn down property and destroy things in the name of saving the environment. And then theres PETA who considers eating chicken equal to the Holocaust. These peoples priorities are completely perverted. That is not moral authority...

I agree.  I did not know that gays had challenged the printing of the Torah.  Who is forcing them to read It?  I also disapprove of teaching school children that being gay is so wonderful.  As for forcing religious institutions to ordain gay Priests or Rabbis, again I have to wonder who is forcing those gay people to belong to that religious group.  Also, American constitutional law is clear.  Government shall not impose upon religion.  I think if the courts rule in favour of any of these, it may be time to leave California.

I know the Left never had moral authority, but they claim to be so enlightened, so superior to us right wing fools who cling to our religion and to our guns.  Didn't Obama say exactly that?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
Shalom Zachor_Ve_Kavod,

muman613

I agree.  I did not know that gays had challenged the printing of the Torah.  Who is forcing them to read It?  I also disapprove of teaching school children that being gay is so wonderful.  As for forcing religious institutions to ordain gay Priests or Rabbis, again I have to wonder who is forcing those gay people to belong to that religious group.  Also, American constitutional law is clear.  Government shall not impose upon religion.  I think if the courts rule in favour of any of these, it may be time to leave California.

I know the Left never had moral authority, but they claim to be so enlightened, so superior to us right wing fools who cling to our religion and to our guns.  Didn't Obama say exactly that?

Zachor_ve_Kavod,

Here are some links which back up what I was saying:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2008-07-09-gay-bible_N.htm
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A gay man is suing two heavyweight Christian publishers, claiming their versions of the Bible that refer to homosexuality as a sin violate his constitutional rights and have caused him emotional pain and mental instability.

Also :

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58130
'Mom' and 'Dad' banished by California
Schwarzenegger signs law outlawing terms perceived as negative to 'gays'

"Mom and Dad" as well as "husband and wife" effectively have been banned from California schools under a bill signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who with his signature also ordered public schools to allow boys to use girls restrooms and locker rooms, and vice versa, if they choose.

"We are shocked and appalled that the governor has blatantly attacked traditional family values in California," said Karen England, executive director of Capitol Resource Institute.

"With this decision, Gov. Schwarzenegger has told parents that their values are irrelevant. Many parents will have no choice but to pull their children out of the public schools that have now become sexualized indoctrination centers."

"Arnold Schwarzenegger has delivered young children into the hands of those who will introduce them to alternative sexual lifestyles," said Randy Thomasson, president of Campaign for Children and Families, which worked to defeat the plans. "This means children as young as five years old will be mentally molested in school classrooms.

"Shame on Schwarzenegger and the Democrat politicians for ensuring that every California school becomes a homosexual-bisexual-transsexual indoctrination center," he said.

These are just the tip of the iceberg of the gay agenda here in California.

muman613