Author Topic: 12 American Terrorists Arrested in Yemen  (Read 896 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
12 American Terrorists Arrested in Yemen
« on: June 08, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »
I hope that these 'students' are interrogated properly...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/07/americans-detained-yemen/

Twelve Americans Detained in Yemen
Published June 07, 2010 | FOXNews.com

Yemeni authorities have 12 Americans in custody, and the arrests may be linked to a joint U.S.-Yemeni anti-terror campaign, a State Department spokesman said Monday.

Spokesman PJ Crowley told reporters the U.S. was trying to get more information, but did not provide any further details.

The spokesman, P.J. Crowley, declined to provide details about the case, except to say the State Department is aware of the arrests and is seeking more information about the individuals being held.

Last Wednesday, Yemeni security officials said authorities had detained several foreigners, including Americans, Britons and an Australian woman, in connection with an investigation into Al Qaeda's increased activity in the country.

The arrests reported last week were made after foreign intelligence agencies provided lists of names of people they wanted to have detained or put under surveillance, according to two Yemeni security officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not permitted to brief journalists.

It was not immediately clear whether the 12 Americans cited by Crowley were among those reported to have been rounded up last week, but Crowley suggested there may be an anti-terrorism connection.

Foreign language schools, and American students in particular, have been targeted as the Yemeni government gets “very serious” about cracking down on the threat posed by terror group Al Qaeda, Fox News Channel reported.

“If you are an American, you are a suspect,” a source in Yemen told Fox News.

Asked whether he could confirm a report that the Americans had been picked up in Yemen at the request of the U.S. government, Crowley replied, "We have great cooperation with the government of Yemen. Together, we are doing our best to help Yemen reduce the threat posed by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. That's a threat to Yemen. It's a threat to the United States. But beyond that, I'm not going to talk about specifics."

Al Qaeda's offshoot in Yemen has steadily increased in strength since key leaders escaped from a Yemeni jail in 2006. In January 2009 it got another boost by merging with Saudi Al Qaeda militants to form Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

The two Yemeni security officials who said last week that authorities had detained several foreigners on suspicion of connections to Al Qaeda said some of them are believed to be linked to the Nigerian man suspected of attempting to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner in December. U.S. investigators say the Nigerian, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, has told them he was trained and instructed in the plot by Al Qaeda in Yemen.

Some of the detainees are also thought to be connected to radical American-Yemeni cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is believed to have inspired attacks on the U.S. and is hiding in Yemen, the Yemeni security officials said.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: 12 American Terrorists Arrested in Yemen
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 01:17:08 AM »
One thing that truly astounds me, is how the Pentagon is continually releasing insane press statements telling the American people things like

"Great news today!"..."Military commanders in Kabul today announced the arrest of Al-Qaeda's #4 man, Alu-akbulla-haq'n' ib'n U-llla-i-hamjam, who's been on the "most wanted" list for the past year, due to his conspiring with terrorist mastermind Abusalem-elemza-'un-kashi-bahu-Salah!

Whaaaaaaaat?      :o

Then they show this photo of some guy who looks just like the last guy who looks just like every damned Muslim terrorist ever born --

Filthy scrappy beard, moustache, unibrow, turban, bloodshot dark eyes which glare menacingly...

"Yep!"..." That's the guy all right!"..."Just look at the photo!"..."Can't mistake him for anyone else!"      >:(

Does the Pentagon have some kind of special "terrorist phone book" with all these jokers' names in alphabetical order?   

Or do they look them up on Facebook in order to make sure they got 'the right guy'?   

:::D

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:40:32 AM »
Massuh, You're kidding right?

There is actual fighting going on there.  There are actual terrorists.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 03:05:00 AM »
This has to be a good news...
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »
Re:  "Massuh, You're kidding right?"

Yes.

I'm kidding... trying to make light of the fact that no educated American is capable of even pronouncing those names, let alone looking at one more photo of camel drek wearing a turban and recognizing the "face" as distinct from any other terrorist's face!

Each week mainstream media talking heads come on the evening news, praise our men and women in uniform, and exclaim about how the U.S., working with the Pakistani Military Intelligence Service, just captured or killed sheikh so and so, or used a drone to shoot a missile which killed imam so and so....

Thus far, however, the only "evidence" offered us as proof of America's progress in the War on Terror over the last decade is a continuous series of unverifiable news releases claiming that "unnamed Pentagon spokespersons" positively ID'd some dead or captured Moslem maniac whose name can be neither spelled nor pronounced.

Worsening this confusion is the fact that over the past decade the Pentagon and CIA have released "Breaking News" in which they claimed "to have captured or killed the same leading Al-Qaeda figure" two or three different times, only to report a year or two later that the 'deceased' is leading a new insurgency in Afghanistan or Somalia.

The same photograph of the same terrorist, 'positively ID'd' as two or three separate and unrelated persons, has more than once been released and published as "proof" that "The War is being won", and "America is now safer than yesterday".

"Headline News from the frontlines of America's War On Terror" is something akin to a farce about bad propaganda.

This is what I ridicule.

Of course I realize that we are at War with Islam.

My point is that those in our government assigned and trusted with our protection hasn't a clue as to who or what is the enemy.

Worse still is Washington's dangerously delusional belief that spending untold billions of dollars to 'take out' a select handful of "terrorist masterminds" is actually reducing our vulnerability to a WMD attack.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »
Re:  "Massuh, You're kidding right?"

Yes.

I'm kidding... trying to make light of the fact that no educated American is capable of even pronouncing those names, let alone looking at one more photo of camel drek wearing a turban and recognizing the "face" as distinct from any other terrorist's face!

Each week mainstream media talking heads come on the evening news, praise our men and women in uniform, and exclaim about how the U.S., working with the Pakistani Military Intelligence Service, just captured or killed sheikh so and so, or used a drone to shoot a missile which killed imam so and so....

Thus far, however, the only "evidence" offered us as proof of America's progress in the War on Terror over the last decade is a continuous series of unverifiable news releases claiming that "unnamed Pentagon spokespersons" positively ID'd some dead or captured Moslem maniac whose name can be neither spelled nor pronounced.

Worsening this confusion is the fact that over the past decade the Pentagon and CIA have released "Breaking News" in which they claimed "to have captured or killed the same leading Al-Qaeda figure" two or three different times, only to report a year or two later that the 'deceased' is leading a new insurgency in Afghanistan or Somalia.

The same photograph of the same terrorist, 'positively ID'd' as two or three separate and unrelated persons, has more than once been released and published as "proof" that "The War is being won", and "America is now safer than yesterday".

"Headline News from the frontlines of America's War On Terror" is something akin to a farce about bad propaganda.

This is what I ridicule.

Of course I realize that we are at War with Islam.

My point is that those in our government assigned and trusted with our protection hasn't a clue as to who or what is the enemy.

Worse still is Washington's dangerously delusional belief that spending untold billions of dollars to 'take out' a select handful of "terrorist masterminds" is actually reducing our vulnerability to a WMD attack.

I could not agree MORE!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:12:26 AM »
One thing that truly astounds me, is how the Pentagon is continually releasing insane press statements telling the American people things like

"Great news today!"..."Military commanders in Kabul today announced the arrest of Al-Qaeda's #4 man, Alu-akbulla-haq'n' ib'n U-llla-i-hamjam, who's been on the "most wanted" list for the past year, due to his conspiring with terrorist mastermind Abusalem-elemza-'un-kashi-bahu-Salah!

Whaaaaaaaat?      :o

Then they show this photo of some guy who looks just like the last guy who looks just like every damned Muslim terrorist ever born --

Filthy scrappy beard, moustache, unibrow, turban, bloodshot dark eyes which glare menacingly...

"Yep!"..." That's the guy all right!"..."Just look at the photo!"..."Can't mistake him for anyone else!"      >:(

Does the Pentagon have some kind of special "terrorist phone book" with all these jokers' names in alphabetical order?   

Or do they look them up on Facebook in order to make sure they got 'the right guy'?   

:::D

I laughed so hard I the delicious pie I just ate nearly came back up!! :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein