Author Topic: Ask JTF For August 5 Broadcast  (Read 13938 times)

Offline True Kahanist

• Junior JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For August 5 Broadcast
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »
Dear Chaim,

I havent been on the forum for a while - but im back. I dont have much internet access cause i made aliyah a few weeks ago. Anyway its great here. Also, I have kept Shabbat now for 3 weeks running and quit smoking. Im learning hebrew regularly, so time is scarce - my question is it worth me to get a Rebbe to teach me once a week Judaism in order to become more religious?

Toda Achi,

See you in Israel

True Kahanist

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 08:00:04 PM »
Shalom Chaim, ma nishma?

I missed the forum too! I forgot how fun it was and all the great people on here. But I'm back and don't plan on drifting away from it anymore.
You're right about being a pack rat, it is a real dilemma for me. It runs down my mother's entire family, and caught my brother and I without remorse. But I am fighting it and have gotten a lot better over the past year. Bezrat Hashem I will overcome it soon.

You asked a question a while back about whether the Loyalist Party has a presidential candidate or not, the answer is no. We are not that big yet, and do not plan on taking votes away from the Republican Party for 2008. But as I mentioned, I will be running for the state assembly in my district (26).

My question (if you have enough time) - You mentioned that Finland was aligned with Germany during WWII, which they were. But the only reason why they were aligned with them is because they were invaded twice by the Russians, and could not afford to have a third invasion. Hitler wanted the Finnish Jews, but Finland protected them and refused to give them up. Would you still consider Finns Nazis because of their alignment with Germany rather than their actions towards Finnish Jewry?

Toda raba,
Vito

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 08:20:15 PM »
Dear Chaim,
First of all, I want to thank you for the warm welcome on the program last week. My question this week is on Newt Gingrich. What do you think of him as a presidential candidate? He has yet to announce however he has hinted that he may run. Would he be a good choice in terms of both Israel and the USA?

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 05:25:36 AM »
Dear Chaim,

I would like to know if you thought the Gulf War was a good or bad idea. 

A result of it, the focus basically taken off of Iran and too much was put onto Iraq.  Before the Gulf War, didn't the US still consider Iran to be a major threat from the hostage crisis that occurred during Jimmy Carter's administration?   

Was the Gulf War really worth taking the focus away from Iran and putting too much onto Iraq? 

It turned out to be a lie that Saddam's government had ordered for babies in Kuwait to be murdered.  Kuwait's government hired a public relations company to represent a group called "Citizens for a Free Kuwait"

By the time the hostage crisis occurred in Iran, the US should have realized that it would be necessary to become energy independent from "Middle Eastern Oil."  If not then, it should have been realized by the end of the Gulf War. 

If the US became energy independent then, who controlled oil in the "Middle East" wouldn't have been a concern. 

I think that the Gulf War was primarily to defend Arabia from losing any control of its oil to Iraq.

The US thought it would be undesirable for Iraq to dominate a large proportion of "Middle Eastern oil."  However, why was it seen as any better for Saudia Arabia to dominate a large proportion of it? 

If Iraq invaded Saudia Arabia, I think it would have resulted in a long war (like the Iraq-Iran war)  between the two countries and the US could have stayed out of that.

Just like the US government wants to claim that Saudia Arabia is an ally in dealing with Iran, wasn't the same true with Iraq in that they were considered allies in the 80's?
Why is Saudia Arabia seen as any more moderate as Saddam's government?  If the latter then become considered as part of an "axis of evil", then why wasn't Saudia Arabia's government also considered part of an "axis of evil"?  Doesn't Saudia Arabia help finance the Taliban and Al Qaeda?   

It seems like the bias of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Texas Oil Companies with OPEC, had a clear bias in favor of Saudi Arabia and James Baker III supports CFR and Big Oil.

So in summary, do you think the US should have got involved in a potential war between Iraq and Saudia Arabia rather than defending Saudia Arabia from Iraq?  Do you think one of the consequences of that war was that focus was taken away from Iran and onto Iraq?  Was Saddam's government really a threat right before the Gulf War started? 

If the Clinton's were truly concerned about energy independence, like Hillary Clinton wants people to think, her husband's administration would have took action to make the US independent of foreign oil, because it should have been concluded after the Gulf War that the US military should not have to get involved in a war to defend oil for a foreign country. 

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 06:33:38 AM by RationalThought110 »

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 11:09:30 AM »
Dear Chaim,
       Will you break up the multi-national corporations if you came to power in Israel? Or would you co-opt them into helping you?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 11:26:02 AM »
Hello Chaim, I hear you talk about Fred Thompson from time to time on the ask JTF shows. At first it seems you didn't take him very seriously however the last few times I heard you mention him you seem to be considering the possibility that he may may be a contender in the presidential race in 08. I don't take this man seriously since I don't feel he has much to offer Republican voters and would never get past the primaries. Whats your position on this?    Thank you,        cjd
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2007, 12:07:28 PM »
Chaim,

Are Farrakhan's homosexual encounters documented?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:33:38 PM by Yirmiyahu »

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2007, 12:43:15 PM »
Dear future Prime Minister of Israel,

What changes should we expect with the entertainment system of Israel, such as bars, discotheques, beaches etc.

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline KalmanBenMenachem

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »
Chaim,

This is not a question, but rather is a response to Yesha, whose concerns about making Aliyah you read last week.  Yesha's concerns were: school, career and money.  I write because I am older than Yesha and have some perspective he may not. 

Yesha, finish school and get your degrees, then you will always have them.  Then save $5,000.  Then go to Israel with a plan, for example, to attend ulpan (to learn Hebrew) and then work in a specific field.  Go with a plan, but go.  The longer you wait, the harder it is to uproot yourself.  And the younger you are, the easier it will be to do the mitzvah of yishuv ha'aretz, be'ezrat hashem. 

Kalman Ben Menachem

Joe Schmo

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2007, 02:03:20 PM »
Dear Chaim:

Could you please tell us a story about a physical confrontation that you were involved in with another person?

Shalom

Offline Chaim, Jr.

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2007, 03:03:16 PM »
Do you think that it is possible that a German of the 1930's or early 40's could have been a righteous gentile? I submit that MAX SCHMELING, KONRAD ADENAUER, WILLY BRANDT,CURT JURGENS and MARLENA DIETRICH are among such a group.  Would you concur?

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2007, 04:18:34 PM »
Hi Chaim,

I was just wondering: the monitor of your computer which is in the back of the YouTube videos seems to be broken. Do you need a new one?

Kol Tuv

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
Shalom Chaim :)

You believe you are right and Judaism is the truth but then again so do other people from other religions, what makes YOU different?

By the way, after reading this question myself it sounds almost offensive so i just wanted to say i mean quite the contrary and am asking it with mere curiousity.

Thank You, Chaim.

Offline Alexander

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 06:47:54 PM »
Hello Chaim,

I have a pretty good understanding of the great significance of Jerusalem to the Jewish people but can you please elaborate on the religious and historical importance of Hebron?

Thank you,
Alexander

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim,

Hope you had a great week and all is well.  I am barely getting my question in this week after my latest affirmative action problem with our beloved Time Warner Cable.  I called them this past Thursday wanting to know why I was overcharged on my bill.  They agreed that I was overcharged and said that they would fix the problem.  Little did I know their solution would be to disconnect my entire service for four days.  Anyway, while I have other questions to ask you, since I am already on the subject I was wondering if you have any recent affirmative action stories to relate, maybe to close the week's show out on a lighter note, as I imagine it may be running late at this point.  Until next week, G-d (and TWC) permitting, G-d bless you, your family, and your loved ones.  Be well.

Ari

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »
Shalom Chaim and Thank you as always for your hard work and answering my questions.

After watching todays GOP debate, I can honestly say I will not vote for Mitt Romney under any conditions. Romney continuously was saying that he would try to reach out to "moderate Muslims" which is code for pressuring Israel to commit suicide. If it were down to Romney and Obama or Hillary, I see Romney as the greater evil because the GOP and Christian evangelicals would be less likely to work against his anti-Israel policies. Other than Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo, I would say Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and Tommy Thompson are alright because they oppose Bush's "crusade for democracy".

I know you have stated you were unsure of Tom Tancredo because of his association with Bay Buchanan, but he was the only candidate willing to say that the U.S. should use more force against the Muslim world by removing the suicidal rules of engagement from U.S. troops.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 07:56:50 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides