Author Topic: Handling the Koran Respectfully....  (Read 883 times)

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
Handling the Koran Respectfully....
« on: November 14, 2007, 03:44:30 PM »
The Gitmo SOP was leaked today.  You can find a copy at http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Camp_Delta_Standard_Operating_Procedure.

Section 6.4 turns my stomach.  It provides instructions on how the soldiers are supposed to handle the Koran:
  • "Clean gloves will be put on in full view of the detainees prior to handling"
  • "Two hands will be used at all times when handling the Koran in [a] manner signaling respect and reverence.  Care should be used so that the right hand is the primary one used to manipulate any part of the Koran due to the cultural association with the left hand.  Handle the Koran as if it were a fragile piece of delicate art."
  • The soldiers are not even allowed to flip through it to look for contraband...they can only request that the detainee turn to a particular page.

Hey, I think I'll write my congressman and ask him if the same rules apply to handling the Bible in Federal prisons...

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: Handling the Koran Respectfully....
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »
Well, Americans are not Jewish neither Noahides. So if they did not respect the Koran they wouldn't respect the Sefer Torah either. What if a policeman or customs official touches a Sefer Torah with bare hands? Awfull!!!! Then better let them respect the Koran, as far as they also respect the Torah

kellymaureen

Re: Handling the Koran Respectfully....
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
Never mind handled....why are we giving a war manual to terrorists in prison? >:(

Our soldiers have enough to put up with without prancing around worrying about a BOOK, I dont care how muslims are commanded to handle that book, non muslims are not held to their "rules"