Author Topic: Great News: Israel's 2 Shekel Coin To Be Released Today  (Read 3072 times)

admin

Great News: Israel's 2 Shekel Coin To Be Released Today
« on: December 09, 2007, 02:02:58 AM »
From Sunday: Two-Shekel Coin In Circulation

(IsraelNN.com) Starting today (Sunday), the Bank of Israel will issue the new two-shekel coin. The new currency is intended to make cash payments more efficient and keep coins from getting lost.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Great News: Israel's 2 Shekel Coin To Be Released Today
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 02:18:05 AM »
Great, any images?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 02:33:47 AM »
Great, any images?

Looks nice, minus the arabic chicken scratch.  I assume it will be the same size as the five shekel. 

It might be a bit smaller though to make it easier to distinguish while in your pocket.  That's what I like about both American and Israeli coins, they are easy to distinguish based on shape. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:36:17 AM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 02:39:02 AM »
Why is it written in Arabic and English. Do Arabs write their money in Hebrew??????? Do British and America transate dollar and Pound notes to Hebrew?????????
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:40:39 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 02:42:14 AM »
is the colour white?

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 02:46:21 AM »
is the colour white?

No, I think that it looks like that because the image is a simulated attempt to look like a silver-colored coin.  It should just be silver. 

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 02:49:12 AM »
Hmm... I just had a cool idea how to topple the Israeli government.  We should deface their coins in the thousands like the Jews did with Roman coins during the Bar Kochba Revolt and the war with Rome.  We should restrike all the coins with a portrait of the Rav and a star with a fist on the back. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD