Author Topic: Why have I been banned for the last month  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Why have I been banned for the last month
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:16:45 AM »
I have been banned from the forum for the last month.  I would like to know why.  I had NO WARNING AT ALL AND I DID NOTHING TO BE BANNED FOR!!  Kelly told me that people with AOL ip's have been banned.  Since I have an AOL account, I was lumped in with the others.  IT'S NOT RIGHT!!  I am very angry about this outrage.  I demand some kind of explaination of this from Yakov or Chaim.  If not here on the forum, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Why have I been banned for the last month
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »
I was wondering where you were Joe.
With Imus back on the air - I was expecting to hear your reaction.
I don't understand how all that IP business works...anyway Welcome Back  :)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:03:14 PM »
I have been banned from the forum for the last month.  I would like to know why.  I had NO WARNING AT ALL AND I DID NOTHING TO BE BANNED FOR!!  Kelly told me that people with AOL ip's have been banned.  Since I have an AOL account, I was lumped in with the others.  IT'S NOT RIGHT!!  I am very angry about this outrage.  I demand some kind of explaination of this from Yakov or Chaim.  If not here on the forum, please e-mail me at [email protected].

You need to complain to AOL, not Chaim.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »
I should complain to Chaim or Yackov because they run the forum.  They pick and choose who should be banned.  I never should been banned to begin with.

kellymaureen

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »
Im glad you finally made it back Joe :)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 12:59:38 PM »
Joe it happen with me its not the forum its the AOL browser for some reason, now to access the forum I use Firefox.  Try that.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »
Hi Joe, I can tell you why you were banned.  After I banned one of the trolls on the forum yesterday, I looked at the ban log and noticed that both you, Massuhggoodname, and The Shadow have all made unsuccessful attempts to enter the forum because you were all banned under the same IP.  Both of you use AOL so I figured that someone had been banned using that IP address on AOL, and that AOL shuffles around the same IP addresses to many people.  I went back and removed the ban trigger on the IP address that was causing the problem, apparently someone was banned a few months back who was banned with the same IP address.  Since I removed the ban trigger, you shouldn't have any further problems entering the forum, but e-mail one of the admins or global moderators if you do. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »
Thanks for the information.  I just was very angry that I was banned in the first place.  I remember when I first signed up for the forum, I was banned for the same reason.  The thing that made me really mad was the fact that I had no warning of it.  Maybe when someone who needs to be banned should get a warning of a violation first than, if it should happen again, then ban that person.  I'm glad that I'm back on. 

ftf

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 06:33:32 PM »
Basically admins should avoid using ip bans, as most people change ip address from time to time, I can even make mine change when I want to... AOL just happens to shift it's customers ips around regularly.

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »
Totally disagree ftf, people should stop using AOL you all know it has problems and whinge with it goes south.

Change ISP, its not hard people.

You stop IP banning you open this forum up to floading of trolls.

ftf

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 06:47:05 PM »
Totally disagree ftf, people should stop using AOL you all know it has problems and whinge with it goes south.

Everyone's IP changes from time to time though.

kellymaureen

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 06:54:53 PM »
I have been banned from the forum for the last month.  I would like to know why.  I had NO WARNING AT ALL AND I DID NOTHING TO BE BANNED FOR!!  Kelly told me that people with AOL IP's have been banned.  Since I have an AOL account, I was lumped in with the others.  IT'S NOT RIGHT!!  I am very angry about this outrage.  I demand some kind of explanation of this from Yacov or Chaim.  If not here on the forum, please e-mail me at [email protected].

I explained to Kelly why you were unable to access the forum. You weren't banned. AOL has affirmative action style proxies that it assigns to both banned members and un-banned members and just because a banned member had that proxy, then others with that proxy can't come on the forum. AOL is an affirmative action garbage program that is not compatible with JTF and many other forums.

And I told him that exact thing, that it wasnt HIM that was banned just the IP ;)

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »

Not how the software works, if you IP ban a person, then they can't relog back on if you don't delete their account. The IP numbers are made up of UDL outlet number, location, region, provider. Apart of the IP ban , effects the UDL outlet number, the number that is attached to your modem, aka your computer. The IP never fully changes if you have a static IP.

ftf

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 07:08:29 PM »

Not how the software works, if you IP ban a person, then they can't relog back on if you don't delete their account. The IP numbers are made up of UDL outlet number, location, region, provider. Apart of the IP ban , effects the UDL outlet number, the number that is attached to your modem, aka your computer. The IP never fully changes if you have a static IP.
Very few people have static IP addresses, you're not quite correct in how you believe IPs work, each internet service provider (ISP) owns a certain number of IPs, they assign these to their customers, they can in theory change them whenever they want, some ISPs will leave a customer with the same IP for months perhaps, but others, have them change around every few days, mine changes whenever I turn my router off and on again.

Kiwi

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 07:20:32 PM »

Very few people have static IP addresses, you're not quite correct in how you believe IPs work, each internet service provider (ISP) owns a certain number of IPs, they assign these to their customers, they can in theory change them whenever they want, some ISPs will leave a customer with the same IP for months perhaps, but others, have them change around every few days, mine changes whenever I turn my router off and on again.

But you don't share it with others at the same time. AOL has people share them. Dozens of JTF users have the same AOL IP at once. Why doesn't it happen with other providers? The answer is that it is only an AOL problem.

AOL is a SPAM PROVIDER thats why, it has hackers and Bots that use their accounts.

It is one of the lowest providers on the net. Why you people support it is beyond me.  ::)

Next on the list is google and MSN.

SO anyone with Gmail or Hotmail accounts are always closely looked at.

Real ISP providers don't do this with IP's.

Kiwi

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 07:24:43 PM »

Your host never changes, and what  said about IP's is correct thats how you use them for tracing.

Turning your router on and off changes the IP to a point but  if yavoc traces you IP he will get your host no matter how many times you do that.  ::)

Kiwi

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 07:34:08 PM »
http://www.spyber.com/ip-lookup.php

Here use this, turn on and off your modem and change you IP as many times as you like and you host will always be the same.

ftf

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 07:38:44 PM »

Here use this, turn on and off your modem and change you IP as many times as you like and you host will always be the same.

True, it will always be the same host, because the host are the people you're paying.

But the actual IP address can change, that's why IP banning is not 100% effective and it can easily ban the wrong people.

Kiwi

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 07:42:52 PM »

True, it will always be the same host, because the host are the people you're paying.

But the actual IP address can change, that's why IP banning is not 100% effective and it can easily ban the wrong people.

correct its not 100% but its damn close. The only major problem is with AOL. SO change it.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 02:54:30 AM »
The only thing AOL provides today is dial up so anyone that has them is making a big mistake. Just get a cable modem or Fios and you will be in business.
I am urinating on a Koran.

ftf

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 07:59:24 AM »
You can use AOL chat rooms via a different provider, there is no need to be paying AOL to use them, they are a part of the world wide web, and you can access them whatever provider you're using, you don't need any AOL software to access them either, Mozilla firefox can do the job, as can many many other programs, also, if you do have any AOL software on your computer, I recommend removing it, then running every virus scan, spyware scan and adware scan you can find, AOL software normally installs much such stuff on your computer.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »
Let me explain my point.  I mean that if someone violates a rule on the forum in terms of conduct, that person should first get a warning, than given a second chance than ban if the violation happens again.

ftf

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 07:13:24 PM »
Let me explain my point.  I mean that if someone violates a rule on the forum in terms of conduct, that person should first get a warning, than given a second chance than ban if the violation happens again.
`You were never banned, someone else was banned, and then your IP switched to the IP they had had, so the forum software thought you were the someone else in question.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
I know the reason ftf.  You don't have to repeat it.  I already made my point on the new way the forum should ban someone who violated the rules of the forum.  I feel that the IP thing should also be worked out so innocent people should not be punnished for the fact that IP channged and put on the banned list by accident.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 08:09:05 PM »
Joe, and anyone that uses AOL (such as myself) download FireFox you can still use your AOL without having this problem... The Fire Fox Browser is seperate from the IE that AOL uses..

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!