Author Topic: Some problems with posting JTF on ALIPAC...should I convince or give up?  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
I post on the internet forum of ALIPAC, Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee.  On my signature, I posted a link to the Jewish Task Force Website.  In the past, our very own Maimonides posted links to JTF on his signature, and links to a JTF article (The 2008 Presidentian Disaster) and nothing came of it.  The members liked the article, and agreed with the views of JTF on the issue.

However, I recieved an E-Mail by the President of ALIPAC (who posts on the ALIPAC forum as well).  I had recently posted on the Forum saying that Tom Tancredo's Wikipedia article had been attacked by the Open Borders Lobby, and he had initially E-Mailed me about how Wikipedia worked, so ALIPAC members could stop misinformation about Conservatives.  However, he then looked at my JTF link in my signature, and wrote me another E-Mail.

Here it is:

Quote from: William Gheen
Raphael,

After I sent you an e-mail asking about Wikipedia, I took a closer look at your posts and followed the JTF links.

Before today, I was not familiar with JTF or JDL but I did some Google searches and found out about how the FBI has the JDL listed as a terrorist group and how the founder of the JTF was convicted for bombings.

This is not representative of ALIPAC and our tactics and public appeal.

While we are not responsible for your posts, the Open Borders Lobby would surely make an issue of your posts on our website with links to the JTF.

For this reason, our moderators have disabled the account Raphael and removed all links and posts promoting JTF.

While we appreciate your input and your stances on illegal immigration and the fight against Globalism, our website and organization cannot risk any exploitable association with JTF.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

William Gheen

What do you think?  Should I E-Mail him back explaining the key details of the JDL (I.E. how Irv Rubins JDL is not the JDL I support, how Chaim did not bomb to kill people, he just bombed to weaken American-Soviet relations, etc), and explain the JTF supports Civil Disobedience and not bombing?  That what he did, he did for Soviet Jewry, and to free them from the Iron Curtain?

Obviously, if he just said ALIPAC does not approve of JTF and banned me, then I would have nothing else to say.  However, he states that his reason for the ban is because he doesn't want the Open Borders Lobby to make an issue of this.  Basically, he doesn't want to be attacked by the Left for it.

Should I convince him that his views of JTF are misguided (he seems like the kind of guy you could convince, at least from my point of view), or should I just leave the matter be?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Some problems with posting JTF on ALIPAC...should I convince or give up?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 07:39:54 AM »
I think you are wasting your time. The complaints that person sites as being the cause for not wanting JTF associations are specious. He has tainted my respect for his organization by rejecting JTF on that grounds. As always this question needs the attention of jsullivan and the administrators they would have the best advice.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
Re: Some problems with posting JTF on ALIPAC...should I convince or give up?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 08:46:14 AM »
I agree with cjd.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann