Author Topic: UK renames Islamic terrorism as 'anti-Islamic activity'  (Read 5288 times)

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
UK renames Islamic terrorism as 'anti-Islamic activity'
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:19:58 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=508901&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

Government renames Islamic terrorism as 'anti-Islamic activity' to woo Muslims
By JAMES SLACK

Ministers have adopted a new language for declarations on Islamic terrorism.

In future, fanatics will be referred to as pursuing "anti-Islamic activity".

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said that extremists were behaving contrary to their faith, rather than acting in the name of Islam.

Security officials believe that directly linking terrorism to Islam is inflammatory, and risks alienating mainstream Muslim opinion.

Scroll down for more ...

In her first major speech on radicalisation, Miss Smith repeatedly used the phrase "anti-Islamic".

In one passage she said: "As so many Muslims in the UK and across the world have pointed out, there is nothing Islamic about the wish to terrorise, nothing Islamic about plotting murder, pain and grief.

"Indeed, if anything, these actions are anti-Islamic'.

Another section referred to enlisting the Muslim community against "anti-Islamic activity".

Her words were chosen to reflect new Government strategy on labelling the terrorists and their recruiting agents.

The shift follows a decision taken last year to stop using the phrase "war on terror", first adopted by U.S. President Bush.

Officials were concerned it could act as a recruiting tool for Al Qaeda, which is determined to manufacture a battle between the values of Islam and the West.

The strategy emerging across Government is to portray terrorists as nothing more than cold-blooded murderers who are not fighting for any religious cause.

Al Qaeda inspired terrorism is instead being described by key figures as "more like a death cult".

Last night the Home Office stressed that no phrases have been "banned".

But senior Whitehall sources have made it clear that the "war on terror" and "Islamic extremism" will not be used again by people at the top of Government or those involved in counterterrorism strategy.

Sir Ken Macdonald, the Director of Public Prosecutions, has also said phrases which liken London to a " battlefield" will no longer be used.

But the move led to accusations of "hand-wringing".

Conservative MP Philip Davies said no Muslim constituent had ever complained to him about the use of the term "Islamic extremism".

The Shipley MP added: "Whenever anyone refers to Islamic terrorism, they are not saying all Muslims are terrorists.

"Everybody knows what people mean is terrorists doing it in the name of Islam, misguidedly.

"If the Government spent less time worrying about this, and more time worrying about things such as having effective border controls, we would be getting somewhere."

In her speech, Miss Smith said extremists who use the internet to radicalise young children would be pursued in the same way as paedophiles.

She will meet members of the online industry in the next few weeks to decide how to crack down on Al Qaedainspired sites.

Illegal material will be tracked down and removed using tactics already deployed against online paedophiles. Those guilty of grooming youngsters for terrorism could face prosecution under incitement laws.

Miss Smith said: "If we are ready and willing to take action to stop the grooming of vulnerable young people on social networking sites, then I believe we should also take action against those who groom vulnerable people for the purposes of violent extremism."

Her plans also include a new unit to sift through intelligence gathered by police and security agents.

The unit will be told to "identify, analyse and assess not just the inner circle of extremist groups, but those at risk of falling under their influence".

Young people found to be falling under the spell of potential terrorists will be targeted for help by community leaders and the authorities.

Outdoor activity centres and sports facilities will be sent guidance to stop them being used as meeting places by fanatics after the July 7 bombers were photographed attending a white water rafting centre in Wales.

Mosques will be helped to root out extremism, with imams encouraged to learn English. Efforts will be made to improve the access of women to mosques and their management committees.

There will be new advice for universities on how to deal with extremism on campus, and a crackdown on extremist material in libraries and galleries.

A forum of headteachers will be set up to advise on what more can be done to protect children and build bridges between communities.

Youngsters will be taught about all faiths in schools, and £2million will be spent "twinning" schools of different faiths.

Funding will be boosted to allow more youngsters to carry out volunteer work overseas.

The Government also wants to hold more "roadshows" of mainstream Islamic scholarship around the country.

Miss Smith said: "Counter-terrorist policing is not just about the sharp end - the disruption of those who seek to attack us - crucial though that is.

"It must also be about stopping people becoming or supporting terrorists. We can't, after all, simply arrest our way out of this problem."

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
Re: UK renames Islamic terrorism as 'anti-Islamic activity'
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:27:04 AM »
I think the UK, if it is not already, will soon become a failed State due to their dhimmitude and immigration policies regarding Muslims. I think that it is now best for the US, Europe, and for the people of the British Isles for the UK to break up and for Scotland, Wales, and Ireland to become independent Nations free from the UK. There are already fast growing nationalist movements in Scotland and Wales (and have already been Ireland for much longer) and the UK governments policies regarding Muslims and Immigration in general are already fueling them. England is already a multiracial/multicultural society with a fast growing Islamic minority. But Scotland, Wales, and Ireland are not yet....and I think many there are wising up and want to keep it that way!

newman

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 02:17:21 AM »
The Brits are a disgrace to anglo-saxons everywhere! What a bunch of nutless whimps!!!!!! I hope the muSSlims take over the UK and exterminate them. The Brits of today SHOULD be wiped out.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:30:09 AM »
'Peace for our time?'

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:37:53 AM »
Sounds to me like a backdoor transition to arresting people for praciticing faiths other than Islam. Watch in a few years when the Muslim demographic grows a little more in the UK, they start bringing people up on charges of 'anti-Islamic activity' for putting up a menorah or an x-mas tree.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 02:43:45 AM »
The Brits are a disgrace to anglo-saxons everywhere! What a bunch of nutless whimps!!!!!! I hope the muSSlims take over the UK and exterminate them. The Brits of today SHOULD be wiped out.
I don't hope the Muslims exterminate Anglo-Saxons. I would not wish any group of people to be wiped out by Muslims ever. How can you say that? The fact though is that the UK government is pursuing a suicidal policy with their ever growing Muslim minority population and I'm not at all optimistic about the future of England. I've spoken to many English people about Islamic threat they face and I always seem to get the same answer along the lines of..."Well if they (Muslims) ever get too out of control the BNP come will sort them out." In other words they recognize a problem facing their country's future and are waiting for a bunch of neo-Nazi thugs to come along and solve it.

This is one of the reasons that I support the breakup of the UK. I do not think England can be saved but I think Scotland, Wales and Ireland can be. They do not have the amount of Muslims that England does, they are more religious, and want to preserve their native cultural which England no longer has any interest of doing.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 02:45:23 AM by dhimmi_pride »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:53:28 AM »
Perhaps the British Jews should wake up and escape the mosque called "London."

Anti-Islamic activity...lol...Peace, dignity, human rights, and religious tolerance are anti-Islamic activities.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 07:11:15 AM »
Let them start with Anglosaxons/Australians like you then.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline TavorIMI

• Full JTFer
    • UK Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »

Not ALL Brit's are the same. I'm one of the few standing up and fighting for my rights. The first thing we need to do is to allow law abiding subjects, er sorry citizens, to own and carry firearms for self defence. Then every TRUE BRIT must, and I mean MUST join the BNP and vote the BNP into power. Only the BNP has the will to do anything about the muSSlims.

And yes before you ask I am a fully paid up active member who will stand for election at the next opportunity.  8;)

Whilst I'm here let me state categorically: THE BNP IS NOT anti-Semitic.

Guys I've only got two choices to save my family, get the BNP into power or emigrate! USA or Israel looks nice this time of year.  :)

Shalom.
Shalom to you all from the UK.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:16:38 PM »

Nick Griffin, founder of the BNP, is a well known holocaust denier and anti-semite. There can be question abot the BNP being neo-Nazi's.

Offline TavorIMI

• Full JTFer
    • UK Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 04:32:49 AM »

Nick Griffin, founder of the BNP, is a well known holocaust denier and anti-semite. There can be question abot the BNP being neo-Nazi's.

Yes Nick Griffin said some stupid outrageous things in his youth, BUT that was nearly twenty years ago!

This is a quote from the BNP website:
Dredging up quotes from 10, 15, 20 years ago is really pathetic and, in a sense, rather fascist. Everyone knows that people’s political philosophies evolve and change as they develop – at least three Labour ministers were previously Communist Party members, for instance -  and Nick Griffin has repeatedly stated that he has changed his views since then.  The BNP is in no way anti-Semitic nor do we deny the Holocaust.  We have many Jewish members and are pleased to have a Jewish councillor in Epping, who is, indeed, the group leader there.

Many people have said and done things in their past that with the onset of age and maturity they have realised that they were wrong. Nick Griffin HAS publicly stated that he was wrong to deny the Holocaust.

We, the members of the BNP, are ordinary working British people who are terrified that this once great country of ours will fall to sharia law. If that day ever happens then worrying about someone's words spoken nearly twenty years ago will be the last of our problems!

The labour party are public supporters of the "Friends of Israel" group and have, to my knowledge, never denied the holocaust, yet these are the same people that want to make deals with hamas! These are the same people that would happily put Nick Griffin in prison for daring to say that islam is a vile, evil wicked religion.

I offer you and any of the good people of JTF the opportunity to come with me to a BNP meeting, here in the UK, in order to find out the truth about us. We have nothing to hide but everything to loose.
Shalom to you all from the UK.

newman

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 04:36:17 AM »
Let them start with Anglosaxons/Australians like you then.

Australian and American anglo-saxons are NOT dropping their pants en masse to the muSSlims. The English ones ARE.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 06:31:15 AM »
Don't worry Poles and other Eastern Europeans will rescue you from muSSlimes... Maybe we're not as sophisticated as you and quite xeno and geyo phobic bunch of rednecks... And we do not like what you did for us in Yalta, But we now how to do old fashioned Vienna Valtz with Mahometans ;) We don't want to have borders with Dar-all-iSSLAm never again... The Huns and Bosheviks are enough headeche. ::) 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »
By 2050—earlier, probably—all real knowledge of Oldspeak will have disappeared. The whole literature of the past will have been destroyed. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Byron—they'll exist only in Newspeak versions, not merely changed into something different, but actually contradictory of what they used to be. Even the literature of the Party will change. Even the slogans will change. How could you have a slogan like "freedom is slavery" when the concept of freedom has been abolished? The whole climate of thought will be different. In fact there will be no thought, as we understand it now. Orthodoxy means not thinking—not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.

:o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »

Yes Nick Griffin said some stupid outrageous things in his youth, BUT that was nearly twenty years ago!

This is a quote from the BNP website:
Dredging up quotes from 10, 15, 20 years ago is really pathetic and, in a sense, rather fascist. Everyone knows that people’s political philosophies evolve and change as they develop – at least three Labour ministers were previously Communist Party members, for instance -  and Nick Griffin has repeatedly stated that he has changed his views since then.  The BNP is in no way anti-Semitic nor do we deny the Holocaust.  We have many Jewish members and are pleased to have a Jewish councillor in Epping, who is, indeed, the group leader there.

Many people have said and done things in their past that with the onset of age and maturity they have realised that they were wrong. Nick Griffin HAS publicly stated that he was wrong to deny the Holocaust.

We, the members of the BNP, are ordinary working British people who are terrified that this once great country of ours will fall to sharia law. If that day ever happens then worrying about someone's words spoken nearly twenty years ago will be the last of our problems!

The labour party are public supporters of the "Friends of Israel" group and have, to my knowledge, never denied the holocaust, yet these are the same people that want to make deals with hamas! These are the same people that would happily put Nick Griffin in prison for daring to say that islam is a vile, evil wicked religion.

I offer you and any of the good people of JTF the opportunity to come with me to a BNP meeting, here in the UK, in order to find out the truth about us. We have nothing to hide but everything to loose.

This is not an issue about some ignorant statements made in the past by a youth Griffin was in his 30s and was a full blown neo-Nazi. And it was closer to 10 years ago when Griffin was still publishing the Rune and making statements about the "Holohoax" and how Jews controled Britain through the media. He still has open links with the French National Front and Le Pen, Griffin himself is a former high ranking member of the British National Front an openly neo-Nazi party. He has praised white hater and anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan. He has praised Gadaffi and Ayatollah Khomeini.He is still meets and is friendly with David Irving and David Duke...actually he is quite like David Duke. He lies and says he has changed some of his past views and renounced violence in order to try and be more mainstream.

"I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated and turned into lampshades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the world is flat ... I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter witch-hysteria."
~Nick Griffin NINE years ago!

The BNP are not ordinary Brits they are neo-Nazi scum!!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:48:04 PM by dhimmi_pride »

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 01:52:36 PM »
Nick Griffin Profile of a Fascist:

The British National Party leader, Nick Griffin, is a hardline fascist. He denies the Holocaust ever took place and believes that Jews are conspiring against white British people.

Griffin comes from a wealthy family with a history of involvement in right-wing politics. His father, Edwin, a Conservative Party official in Halesworth, admits to having attended National Front meetings in the past. Griffin's sister also stood as an NF candidate in a Suffolk county council election. His mother is the administration secretary of the BNP and was a candidate in the 2001 general election.

Griffin was taken to his first NF meeting at the age of 15 by his father, but did not officially join the party until he was a student at Cambridge University, where he studied law. Griffin was quick to rise up through the ranks of the party, becoming the national organiser by 1978.

In 1980, Griffin launched Nationalism Today with the help of Joe Pearce, a convicted racist and editor of Bulldog. Nationalism Today became the springboard for the Third Positionist ideas that the NF later adopted. Through Nationalism Today, Griffin and Pearce were able to formulate the idea that a "third way", or "third position", was needed to transcend the evils of both capitalism and communism, both of which they claimed were rooted in a similar ideology of concentrating private ownership in very few hands, infringing on the right of independence of nation states and, most fundamentally, being Zionist (that is, Jewish) controlled.

Directly challenging the traditional style of organising, which the Third Positionist wing of the NF saw as pro-capitalist, the Griffin faction wanted to create a political elite. Based on the blood and soil philosophy of Julius Evola, an Italian National Socialist who was closely aligned to the German and Austrian leaders of the SS, Griffin and the NF began to develop their anti-capitalist and Third Positionist ideas, also inspired by the Strasserites, the 'brownshirt' wing of the German Nazi party.
Friends with Italian terrorists

A strong influence on Griffin's political development was the Italian fascist Roberto Fiore, a convicted terrorist. Fiore had arrived in Britain with several other wanted terrorists including people implicated in the bombing at Bologna railway station in 1980, which killed 85 innocent people, including a British young couple. Fiore belonged to the Italian Third Positionist NAR.

At first Griffin tried to deny his links with the Italian terrorists. But in 1984, Searchlight exposed his connection with Heritage Tours. Heritage Tours was headed by Griffin and Michael Walker, the editor of Scorpion. Fiore regularly frequented Walker's flat, where Heritage Tours was based. Griffin has also been a frequent visitor. A further connection is that Griffin's father is Fiore's personal and business accountant.
Strange bedfellows

The NF embraced the ideology of the Third Position as the Griffin faction took control, but they soon began to make some strange alliances. The "political soldiers" wing was meeting representatives of Colonel Gaddafi's regime through the Libyan People's Bureau in London, and expressing support for it and for Ayatollah Khomeini. Writing in Nationalism Today in 1985, Griffin praised the black separatist Louis Farrakhan, saying, "white nationalists everywhere wish [Farrakhan] well, for we share a common struggle for the same ends: Racial Separation and Racial Freedom". Unsurprisingly this did not go down too well with rank and file members of the NF.

During this period, Griffin took an all-expenses-paid trip to Libya, along with Derek Holland, as guests of the Gaddafi regime.

As National Front News wrote at the time: "Common interest must be turned into practical cooperation. Those involved must work to nail the media lies which are used by our enemies to try to divide us and make us afraid to be seen standing side by side with Third Way nations such as Libya and Iran."

In 1989, Griffin left the NF and formed the International Third Position, a crazy and fanatically Catholic fascist group. The ITP campaigned against Coca Cola, McDonald's, urbanisation and "Zionism" (the Jews).

His involvement was not to last. In 1991, after a failed business venture which cost another member several thousand pounds, Griffin went his own way.
Political chameleon

In 1995, Griffin joined the BNP. He had become editor of The Rune, an antisemitic quarterly produced by Croydon BNP. Griffin was opposed to attempts to modernise the BNP, accusing those who wanted change of "rainbow Conservatism". He also announced that the BNP should prioritise denying the Holocaust to schoolchildren.

Five years on, Griffin has undergone a political transformation and now claims to be at the vanguard of attempts to make the BNP respectable. The ITP has been baffled by his political gymnastics, as it reported in its email newsletter: "He has been a conservative, a revolutionary nationalist, a radical National Socialist, a Third Positionist, a friend of the 'boot boys' and the skinhead scene, a man committed to respectable politics and electioneering, a 'moderniser'. Which is he in reality? Perhaps he has been all these quite sincerely - in which case his judgement is abysmal; or perhaps he has been none of them sincerely - which speaks for itself!"

Griffin joined the BNP in 1995, and immediately had designs on a leadership position. He became the editor of Spearhead, then the BNP's magazine, from 1996 until his split from John Tyndall, the former BNP leader, at the end of 1999.

Throughout his time with the BNP, Griffin has tried to distance himself from the bizarre politics of the NF. He claims to have left the NF in 1989 because the party was "bedevilled by religious cranks. It was with great sadness that I made the decision to leave."

Griffin has spoken of the need for community-based politics to build respectability for the BNP in the eyes of voters. Yet it was only four years ago that Griffin wrote in The Rune: "The electors of Millwall did not back a Post-Modernist Rightist Party, but what they perceived to be a strong, disciplined organisation with the ability to back up its slogan 'Defend Rights for Whites' with well-directed boots and fists. When the crunch comes, power is the product of force and will, not of rational debate."
Griffin the antisemite

Griffin has also closely followed the BNP and neo-nazi tradition of antisemitism. A Griffin publication, Who are the Mindbenders?, claims to prove that the minds of British people are brainwashed through Jewish control of the media. The booklet includes a list of all known Jews working in the media as though they are working together for a joint cause. He proves Jewish control of the BBC by naming a mere 19 Jews who work for the corporation.
Griffin the Holocaust denier

In 1996, Griffin launched a vicious attack on the Holocaust denier David Irving for admitting that some people might have died in the Holocaust. "True Revisionists will not be fooled by this new twist to the sorry tale of the Hoax of the Twentieth Century," Griffin wrote.

In another article he said, "I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that 6 million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into lampshades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the earth is flat… I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter-day witch-hysteria." (Carlisle Two Defence Fund Bulletin.)

In 1998, Griffin was found guilty of distributing material likely to incite racial hatred, for which he received a two-year suspended jail sentence.

Griffin has also held staunchly homophobic views throughout his time at the BNP. Following the bombing of a gay pub in Soho, in which three people died, Griffin wrote, "The TV footage of dozens of 'gay' demonstrators flaunting their perversion in front of the world's journalists showed just why so many ordinary people find these creatures so repulsive".

Yet Griffin's hypocrisy was starkly highlighted when he was outed by Martin Webster, the former NF organiser, as having a secret gay past.

Griffin is a typical fascist - a man for all people. He is also an outrageous opportunist. There is not a bandwagon or campaign he would not exploit or a political belief that he would not jettison if he thought he could benefit personally.