Author Topic: Are You Evil If You Don't Want Kids?  (Read 12733 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Are You Evil If You Don't Want Kids?
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2008, 02:04:10 AM »
I don't think it's evil to not have kids. Not everyone in this world is meant to have kids or can handle raising kids properly. If someone is in this position, I think it's a lot better to not have kids than it is to have kids and then not be there for them or neglect them as is so much the case these days, especially in the area I work in. I understand Chaim's perspective of feeling like he's obligated to have kids. But I don't think that G-d would hold it against him if he happens not to have kids. He has done and will continue doing more than enough in his life to more than compensate for not having kids.
Probably the only time I have ever agreed with Daniel.  ;) ;D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2008, 02:09:43 AM »
The Bible says that G-d killed Yehuda's (one of Yacov's children) second son because he didn't want to have kids.  He took his brother's wife after he died but didn't want to have a kid to carry the name of his dead brother.
You just hit the nail on the head. He was struck dead because he acted to defraud his brother, NOT because he did not want kids. This is what Onan was killed for. G-d does not condemn people today who do not have the calling to have children.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2008, 02:44:20 AM »
You're a wise man, CF.  Be well, my friend...

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2008, 09:09:52 AM »
Unfortunately after losing all three of my testicles in a freak accident I am not able to have any children  :-\
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2008, 09:55:01 AM »
Not wanting children is not evil. Having children that are not really wanted is way more evil. You are guaranteeing future criminals, crack heads, etc.
As for children being annoying, obnoxious, etc., this comes down to the parents themselves.
Finances are a strong consideration but, as much as this might sound kind of liberal, quality time is much more important.
I have two teenage children who I would be more than willing to die or kill for. They turned out to be great kids. One will be going to college next year and the scholarship offers are rolling in. Neither one has ever been in any kind of trouble. I have messed up a lot of things in my life but I believe that this is the one thing I have done right.
This, by the way, living in New York City on a civil servant salary. Also, still with my wife after 19 years.
If you truly do not want children because you do not desire the responsibilities of parenthood it is not evil to not have children, it is noble.
I know there are theological arguments here but I base my opinion solely on this world.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2008, 06:34:27 PM »
Not wanting children is not evil. Having children that are not really wanted is way more evil. You are guaranteeing future criminals, crack heads, etc.
As for children being annoying, obnoxious, etc., this comes down to the parents themselves.
Finances are a strong consideration but, as much as this might sound kind of liberal, quality time is much more important.
I have two teenage children who I would be more than willing to die or kill for. They turned out to be great kids. One will be going to college next year and the scholarship offers are rolling in. Neither one has ever been in any kind of trouble. I have messed up a lot of things in my life but I believe that this is the one thing I have done right.
This, by the way, living in New York City on a civil servant salary. Also, still with my wife after 19 years.
If you truly do not want children because you do not desire the responsibilities of parenthood it is not evil to not have children, it is noble.
I know there are theological arguments here but I base my opinion solely on this world.

Great post.  Congrats for raising a great family! O0

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »

Yes congrats O0

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2008, 06:48:37 PM »
No its not evil not to want kids, people who push their wants on to you are far more evil.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2008, 07:05:32 PM »
you are definatelyevil if you actively dont want kids, you are the reason why whites jews and chrisstains are dying out, and third world people are running this earth.

Especially jews, they should def have as many kids as possible as there are only 14 million of jews worldwide, you must protect the jewsih poluation...

We'll NEVER, ever compete with third world animal fertility and birth rates. It's like trying to compete with third world wage levels.....it can't be done.
i think it can . jews in judea and samaria have 7 +kids. there kids grow up to be great religious, heroic people

newman

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2008, 07:19:35 PM »
you are definatelyevil if you actively dont want kids, you are the reason why whites jews and chrisstains are dying out, and third world people are running this earth.

Especially jews, they should def have as many kids as possible as there are only 14 million of jews worldwide, you must protect the jewsih poluation...

We'll NEVER, ever compete with third world animal fertility and birth rates. It's like trying to compete with third world wage levels.....it can't be done.
i think it can . jews in judea and samaria have 7 +kids. there kids grow up to be great religious, heroic people
White, western people have no hope of matching the 10, 12 and 15 a-piece litters of sows in the third world. Their biology is different.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:10 PM »

White, western people have no hope of matching the 10, 12 and 15 a-piece litters of sows in the third world. Their biology is different.

muSSlims reproduce the quickest and it's the largest growing religion! :o :o :o >:(

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
what the jews should do is ease up on the regulations and allow them to take more than one wife...

think about it you can have 4 kids a year if you get 3 wives and were plugging away like crazy... plus it might be fun. :D

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »
what the jews should do is ease up on the regulations and allow them to take more than one wife...

think about it you can have 4 kids a year if you get 3 wives and were plugging away like crazy... plus it might be fun. :D

as far as I know these days is very hard to find ONE NORMAL WIFE, but yet you want to have more then one? can you tell us your secret?  8;)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »

Ari- You write with great common sense.   You're the kinda person, I would take advice from.
Great post.  Congrats for raising a great family! O0

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
No its not evil not to want kids, people who push their wants on to you are far more evil.
Skippy:  You make a great point, really hits home! I agree, I think that people who push others into having children, (when they know that those people they are pushing  dont' want them,  is quite pathetic.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 08:35:48 AM »
Skippy:  You make a great point, really hits home! I agree, I think that people who push others into having children, (when they know that those people they are pushing  dont' want them,  is quite pathetic.

Yes pathetic I see so many children born into loveless marriages, in the faint hope to make their worthless existence socially acceptable.

These poor children then are used as pawns in a pull and tug game by the parents. Its a lose , lose, situation.

Rather than just moving off and not having innocent children involved.

Children should only be born in a loving caring home and environment, where both parents agree for best future for that family unit, anything less is abuse.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »

There may be no hope but why should that eliminate the efforts of trying?
Just saying that the numbers will never match, doesn't acheive the same results as more religious children being born anyway, and improving the world.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2008, 05:15:27 PM »
Unfortunately after losing all three of my testicles in a freak accident I am not able to have any children  :-\

You had THREE? Did you grow up next to a nuclear power plant?  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.