Author Topic: What's YOUR ultimate Fantasy?  (Read 4962 times)

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
What's YOUR ultimate Fantasy?
« on: January 31, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »
I'd like to pose a serious question to all my fellow brothers and sisters who participate in this most sacred of cyber message boards...

What's YOUR ultimate Fantasy?

I ask that you all please answer this question with the kind of honesty, sincerity and integrity that's expected from those who believe in this worthwhile organization we've all come to know and love as JTF...

And now, if you'll be so kind, please allow me to express MY ultimate fantasy...

As I prepare to sit down at home, after a hard day of work, I situate myself comfortably in my favorite easy chair and proceed to turn on the television. With a glass of wholesome warm milk in one hand and the TV remote controller in the other, I start to surf through the various different television networks that are broadcasting... I blink and try to refocus my eyes on the TV screen, I even reach for my bifocals because quite frankly, I can't believe what I'm seeing on my television screen! No, it's not the usual overly sexed exploitative fodder that the networks are constantly attempting to force-feed down our throats. No, it's not the same old, same old mindless overly-sexed sitcoms that have become so popular with much of the nation's mindless populous!...  It's actually the compelling JTF cable access television program now being broadcast loud and clear over every single TV channel there is!!!--- That's right!! There's none of the usual lewd left-wing drivel from, ahem, "news anchors" like Brian Williams, Charles Gibson, Dan Rather, Jon Stewart, Shepard Smith or Katie Couric--- They're all gone!!--- All I see on every single TV channel is JTF's informative message being broadcast to the many masses across the nation for consumption!! The program that we've all come to love over the cable access airwaves is now being broadcast over every single darn television media outlet known to mankind!!... As a matter of fact, even the Super Bowl and all sports oriented programming have been forced to move aside so the JTF's message can be heard by the millions... The terrorist groups are up in arms as they protest throughout the streets, but TOO BAD!!-- There's NOTHING they can do about it!!-- Ah, yes, this is absolutely heavenly-- This is definitely MY Ultimate Fantasy!!... What's yours?? Please take a brief moment to share your's with the great group that resides here at JTF! Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 03:41:11 PM by abdithefaithful »
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: What's YOUR ultimate Fantasy?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:28 PM »
the return of law and order.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »
Replace the Black ones with Asians (To keep the minority quota) :)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »
Isn't this suposed to be a religious forum Merkava?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
I like your style Merkava!!

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »
My ultimate Fantasy is to have all my family around me once more.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:18:35 PM »

My ultimate fantasy? That humanity rises up to the level of cultural and technological advancement that you see in Star Trek. That we head out into the Universe and spread out to other worlds.  8)

Oh and I get to be captain of a starship and date hot alien women.  ^-^
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Just Erica

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »

My ultimate fantasy? That humanity rises up to the level of cultural and technological advancement that you see in Star Trek. That we head out into the Universe and spread out to other worlds.  8)

Oh and I get to be captain of a starship and date hot alien women.  ^-^
Hey, wouldn't that be inter-spacial dating, New Yorker? Shame on you. WHere's Yacov with those banning questions when you need him? LOL  :::D

Just Erica

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:31:36 PM »
My ultimate fantasy would be to see my children grow up in a world where their race isn't a factor; where their choice of a mate doesn't come into question simply because people don't like to see interracial couples together. My fantasy is that they will be happy. My other fantasy or possibly dream is to see another 70 years with my best friend...my husband. :)

Offline Serbian Cetnik (šumadinac)

• Pro JTFer
    • Military Photos and Forum
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »
My ultimate fantasy is a Serbia that is listen to, respected and acknowledged by all. A Serbia where real democracy rules and not corrupt politicians. My ultimate fantasy is that all Serbs move back to Serbia again and live as Serbs not as Serbian diaspora.

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:47:25 PM »
There are obviously some genuinely good and sincere responses in this thought provoking thread. It appears that most of us are on the same page socially and politically, as would be expected, since many of us share a similar sense of morals and overall values. A return to law and order, fair democracy triumphing over corrupt political tyranny, our youth given the opportunity to grow up in a sane and civil environment, to be surrounded by family-- these are certainly valid wishes-- although it's somewhat a shame that they do border on "fantasy", sort of implying that these are wishes that aren't necessarily the reality of this present time and moment in our unsettling history, as we wish so desperately and passionately that these wholesome wishes and "fantasies" could be.
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 11:03:17 PM »
There are obviously some genuinely good and sincere responses in this thought provoking thread. It appears that most of us are on the same page socially and politically, as would be expected, since many of us share a similar sense of morals and overall values. A return to law and order, fair democracy triumphing over corrupt political tyranny, our youth given the opportunity to grow up in a sane and civil environment, to be surrounded by family-- these are certainly valid wishes-- although it's somewhat a shame that they do border on "fantasy", sort of implying that these are wishes that aren't necessarily the reality of this present time and moment in our unsettling history, as we wish so desperately and passionately that these wholesome wishes and "fantasies" could be.

In my opinion the former should never be fantasies.  These things can become realities...However in order for these things to work, it has to be envisioned very similarly by all people.
People on this topic have said their fantasies are to see their kids grow up or be wtih the whole family again...but these things are realities that can take place.

A real fantasy is one in which might never happen...for example, I can have a fantasy where I'm traveling to Mars...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »
Unfortunately my fantasy is just that a fantasy, most of my family is dead.  Judging what can and can't be a reality is only for that poster.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 12:26:25 AM »
Unfortunately my fantasy is just that a fantasy, most of my family is dead.  Judging what can and can't be a reality is only for that poster.

no then that qualifies as a fantasy.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 12:38:04 AM »

Yes because in reality it would not be the prettiest family photo.  :-\

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 12:39:26 AM »

No it doesn't. If you don't believe in the resurrection of the dead then you're not even a believer in Judaism according to Rambam.
It's one of the 13 principles of faith.

Skippy will be reunited with her family. I have perfect faith in this.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 12:43:15 AM »

No it doesn't. If you don't believe in the resurrection of the dead then you're not even a believer in Judaism according to Rambam.

One day yes.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 12:45:42 AM »

Well, once it happens, then it'll happen..but we aren't referring to the after life...we are referring to this life...

yes, i do believe with perfect faith that resurrection and worlds to come will take place...It might becoem a reality in this lifetime..it might not become a reality in this lifetime...so for now we'll stick with the odds that it will not necessarily happen and live our lives out like we are supposed to and Gd intended us on doing.

So in Skippy's case...even though the resurrection can be a reality, we'll say, for now, since it hasnt' happened yet in the history of all life and living things, that what she said was a nice fantasy.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 01:16:46 AM »

Well, once it happens, then it'll happen..but we aren't referring to the after life...we are referring to this life...

yes, i do believe with perfect faith that resurrection and worlds to come will take place...It might becoem a reality in this lifetime..it might not become a reality in this lifetime...so for now we'll stick with the odds that it will not necessarily happen and live our lives out like we are supposed to and Gd intended us on doing.

So in Skippy's case...even though the resurrection can be a reality, we'll say, for now, since it hasnt' happened yet in the history of all life and living things, that what she said was a nice fantasy.

You really need to read the 13 principles Dr. Dan.

It says there you need to believe it's immanent. That it can happen today.
It's part of being a Jew that we believe this stuff.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 03:01:32 AM »
My ultimate fantasy would be to see my children grow up in a world where their race isn't a factor; where their choice of a mate doesn't come into question simply because people don't like to see interracial couples together. My fantasy is that they will be happy. My other fantasy or possibly dream is to see another 70 years with my best friend...my husband. :)

G-d bless you. You are by far one of the nicest people in the forum. If only we had more Ericas in the world  :-\
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 03:02:48 AM »
BTW

What happened to my cheerleaders ?? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo , sack the administrator (just kidding).

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 03:03:59 AM »
Isn't this suposed to be a religious forum Merkava?

Its a political one.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 03:04:39 AM »
BTW

What happened to my cheerleaders ?? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo , sack the administrator (just kidding).

They ran off with the Doc  :::D :::D :::D

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 03:06:11 AM »
BTW

They ran off with the Doc  :::D :::D :::D

Oh ! Thats fine then  :D

Just Erica

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 04:41:54 AM »

G-d bless you. You are by far one of the nicest people in the forum. If only we had more Ericas in the world  :-\
What a nice thing to say, Merkava. :) I appreciate the compliment and still respect you whether we agree or disagree. :)