Should it be un-banned?

Yes.
10 (35.7%)
Yes, except for those who abuse it.
4 (14.3%)
No.
14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should under age drinking be un-banned?  (Read 5351 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Should under age drinking be un-banned?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 10:21:43 PM »
The 21 age limit is stupid, I was drinking beer at 16.

Just Erica

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 11:59:48 PM »
How can there be a select law for the the very few?

I think under age drinking should stay illegal. There are already enough alcohol related crimes, by young people, that harm others......especially in the case of drink driving.....and allowing it to be legal will lead to more abuse.

Plus, there are enough alcoholics in the world.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 12:42:35 AM »

I think under age drinking should stay illegal. There are already enough alcohol related crimes, by young people, that harm others......especially in the case of drink driving.....and allowing it to be legal will lead to more abuse.

If people want to be alcoholics, then that's their damn choice, now when they become wife beaters or end up driving drunk in their car, that's a problem.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 05:05:09 AM »
Yes it should be unbanned. This is only a decision of the parents and not of the bolshewik gouvernment.

If you have no red wine, you can use for exeption grape juice for "Last Supper", but this is the exception and not the rule.

Jews use red wine too for religious needs.

No gouvernment has the right to ban this for us.

The US government effectively doesn't ban red wine for Christians and Jews.  There are Christian and Jewish kids under 21 who drink wine every week, and nothing is done about it.  There isn't even a way to charge under-21 kids who are drunk unless they are driving a car or are drunk in public. 

All this talk of the US banning alcohol for religious purposes is nonsense.  I doubt that a single Christian or Jew has EVER been arrested and charged with drinking wine during communion or drinking wine on Friday night for Shabbat. 

If anyone was charged with drinking alcohol for a religious reason, he would have an automatic 1st amendment defense.  There already is an exception for drinking alcohol for religious purposes. 

Ok - Thank you for the information. :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 05:33:12 AM »

If people want to be alcoholics, then that's their damn choice, now when they become wife beaters or end up driving drunk in their car, that's a problem.

Exactly, sometimes alcoholism shows people's true feelings of what they are capable of

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 08:03:37 AM »
Hey all am just quicky reading all this stuff since it's late here.  I think if you are in the home with your family its not a big deal but when you are out I still think the law should be at 21. 

In Europe they give wine to children Italy everyone has a glass of wine or beer but the children are at home with the parents and they all live.  And 1 glass is very healthy for you. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
Hey all am just quicky reading all this stuff since it's late here.  I think if you are in the home with your family its not a big deal but when you are out I still think the law should be at 21. 

In Europe they give wine to children Italy everyone has a glass of wine or beer but the children are at home with the parents and they all live.  And 1 glass is very healthy for you. 

Yes it shud be left for parents to decide, they shud have parental outhority not only responsibility, but I'm woud beat my son if I woud catch him drinking; beer or stronger liquors which are drink in nothern lands are not home brew wine which was in ancient times drinkedonly watered down.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »
I am a strong proponent for traditional family values, although I'm not what you'd consider a "prude" either. While a younger man I admit to having indulged in an "alcoholic beverage" a couple of times, one thing that I noticed is how alcohol can effect your sense of reason... Many experts agree that alcohol has a way of making people lose their sense of inhibition, in simple terms, people can become "uninhibited" and subsequently "let their guard down"--- and needless to say, that can often result in people engaging in the sort of illicit sexual acts they might not normally do when sober, including "same sex" behavior, illegal orgies, etc, etc... Sometimes women who are normally "pure" and "upstanding" can become "sexually deviant" under the influence of alcohol, and THAT'S a BIG PROBLEM-- A problem that can easily lead to unwanted pregnancies and the spread of sexual transmitted diseases... Sure, it's great when adults can enjoy alcohol in a responsible manner, but unfortunately that's not usually the case... I believe that our society would benefit if possibly the legal drinking age was bumped up to around 40-45 years of age, at least then we'd be guaranteed that those drinking alcohol would be more inclined to act responsibly.
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »
In the UK it is soo dead cheap and we see the results, with attacks, vandalism, abuse, satbbings, murders and so on on a daily basis.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 03:44:41 PM »
In the UK it is soo dead cheap and we see the results, with attacks, vandalism, abuse, satbbings, murders and so on on a daily basis.

Seems like they don't drink moderately and responsibly  ;)

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »
I think it should be un-banned unless there are certain individuals that are abusing it. It should only be banned for people that abuse it.

I would like to make it clear that civil law does not ban alcohol to people under age if it is for religious reasons. You could say that any kosher wine is for religious reasons. Even if it is not for kiddush, drinkling at a simcha can count as a religious reason according to me.

Unban it? What for?

No offence inteneded.

Here is my opinion. I do not drink, do not smoke, do not do drugs, never have. I OWN myself.

You do those three things I mention, and they end up owning you and your world.

Just the way of life, of a no nothing, not walked this earth very long individual. So, take no offence. I mean no disrespect to you.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008, 06:13:54 PM »
Since the time of the Roman Empire, Europe has always had alcoholic beverages as one of the bedrocks of gentile culture and life.

Little has changed.

Gentile social life and recreational life today is centered around the imbibing of alcohol.

Jews have traditionally used wine for ceremonial purposes and practiced moderation in their intake of alcoholic drink.

It can truthfully be said that Jews today have strayed somewhat in this regard, but overall one still finds that Jews celebrate and party with food, while Gentiles prefer alcohol for celebrating.

Cultural differences like this often pre-date religious standards and only change very slowly.

Just Erica

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »
Alcohol is healthy now? LOL

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:30:15 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

newman

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »
The government has no right to stop people doing anything unless they harm others against their will. Let drug-taking losers die. Why pay all those taxes to pay for the failing war on drugs? Nobody with a brain would take them and those dumb enough to should die before they can breed.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »

Err, yeah, are you thick? Red wine is proven to be very healthy.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »

Yes you're right; but only one glass, or 25 grams of any destilate of C2H5OH a day. And newman you shud know why drugs are de facto tolerated, it's great way to finance comie or muslime insurgent groups, or places like "new democratic"  Afaganistan or Kosovo. Hanging for posesion of minimal amount of syntetic drugs woud solve this problem ages ago... And what about the wild weeds like peyotl? As long as they cannot be cultivated and sold on streets let the indian shamans and new age whackos poison themselfs. ::)   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »
I think that if parents allow teenage children (from the age of, say, 14) drink small quantities of wine for special ceremonial occasions, the kids would not suddenly go crazy and go on drinking binges when they come of age. It is the "forbidden fruit" psychological theory.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »

Good alcohol in strict moderation.

Not Old English 800 24/7.

Just Erica

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

Look, I don't drink. I don't fancy it as being healthy because so many people abuse it.

Just Erica

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »

Good alcohol in strict moderation.

Not Old English 800 24/7.

Let's see ...first of all is that another racial stereotype, scriabin (Old English 800)? Second, I am not a drinker...I have had one glass of champagne per year..but not for health reasons. During a toast for the Marine Corps' birthday ball. But I don't drink every day (even one glass) because I don't want to become an alcoholic. There are a lot of things i don't do so that I don't become dependent on them. I will agree that in moderation, alcohol can't or shouldn't damage you but some people just SHOULDn't drink at all.