Author Topic: Following on from the discussion about Miles Davies  (Read 2026 times)

fake plastic trees

Following on from the discussion about Miles Davies
« on: December 24, 2006, 08:11:49 AM »
What do people think of other completely immoral musicians (like Michael Jackson, for example). Should we consider their merits as a musician or should we refuse to listen on moral grounds?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Following on from the discussion about Miles Davies
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:19:57 AM »
What do people think of other completely immoral musicians (like Michael Jackson, for example). Should we consider their merits as a musician or should we refuse to listen on moral grounds?
Jackson is a freak his appearance becomes more hideous as time goes by. He was a nice looking kid with talent when he became famous. Now he looks like some sort of morphed creature. In my opinion he has used up any grace his talent may have earned him . When I hear his music now or see him in print or on TV child molesting freak comes to mind instantly. That alone sums it up. For me music the best talent comes from the 30s 40s 50s  and very early 60s. A hundred years from now names like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Fats Waller, The Mills Brothers and quite a few others will be remembered while Jacksons name  will be relegated to obscurity.   
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years