Author Topic: :( I LOST MY FURRY BUDDY TONIGHT  (Read 3676 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
:( I LOST MY FURRY BUDDY TONIGHT
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »
My cat died tonight, she was 14 years.  I had to rush her to the vet cause she had an emergency blood clot forming in her brain and there was no recovery they put her to sleep :(

Poor thing. RIP My friend.  :'(

The vet gave a 50/50 chance but the good 50 would be a not so good one the cat would be suffering the rest of her life, I feel terrible for what had to be done
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: :( I LOST MY FURRY BUDDY TONIGHT
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »
I'm sorry to hear your sad news MasterWolf but you probably did the right thing.  
It would be much harder to see her suffer and remember her that way.
It is so hard when we lose these great friends.
She was beautiful.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »
Awww Im so sorry, thats terrible :(
She was beautiful.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss Wolf.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:17:26 PM by Skippy »

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:09:49 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about that, Masterwolf.

Poor thing.  She probably had a wonderful life, though.

newman

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:38 PM »
Damn!

I'm really sorry to hear that, Master Wolf.

It's gut-wrenching to lose a dear companion like that. It's the worst pain I've ever felt. I can get over dead relatives but losing animals is the WORST.

Hope you feel better in the fullness of time.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, wolf.

i have never experienced the loss of a pet, so i wish i could empathize with you better.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 10:12:40 PM »
Thank you, it was such a hard thing to come to pass with the vet and it was strange.  She was fine all day she ate she slept and I was going to go get dinner, and figured before I leave I will feed her some treats.  I went to get her it was like lifting a log she was unable to stand on her own she had a painful growling meow and Saturday evening looking for a vet they are all closed so I had to go to Queens Blvd. to the Animal Hospital and they said she had a severe stroke and it would of been cruel to let her live like that.  I feel really horrible for this.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss a pet is like a friend or releative
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »
I'm so sorry. I love animals- especially cats. I know how you feel.
Can you get another one? One of the best ways to help you heal is to get an adorable little kitten to love- or better yet, two adorable little kittens to love.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:19:12 PM by Cyberella »

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »
I am sorry for your loss MW.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 10:55:49 PM »
Very sorry to hear about this, MW.  I'm sure she enjoyed her time with you.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 11:09:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 11:12:40 PM »
May the health problems of all our pets be transferred to our islamic and shvartza enemies.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 11:23:32 PM »
Very sry to hear that i have a 2 year old dog and i cant even imagine losing him how are you holding up master wolf :'( :'(

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 11:47:59 PM »
ay! I am so sorry to hear this! You know, I am positive she had a wonderfull live. Now she was quite old, and all things must come to an end some time...you did the right thing dear MW.

I have a cat exactly like yours.

You take care of yourself HAverim, and G-D speed

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 12:52:10 AM »
Don't feel bad Master wolf my cat died last week. He ran out and a car hit him. The best thing to do is adopt another one. Go to the ASPCA and pick out a nice one.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 01:10:04 AM »
My condolences to both MW and Ape.

Our pets trust us to care for them, and that includes trusting us to make the right decisions for them, because as animals they can't make these decisions for themselves. You did the right thing Master Wolf.

My family had to make a similar decision just recently, when the dog in my avatar finally had age catch up with him in a very painful way and we had to have him put to sleep at 17 1/2 years old.

Getting a new animal won't replace the old one because a new animal is not the same animal. I know everyone is encouraging you to run out and get a new one, but I would suggest you do that only if you're ready and if you're willing to go through this all over again one day. As for myself, I've decided that having had three dogs put to sleep was enough to go through. You might make a different choice, though.

I hope both of you, both MW and Ape will feel better as soon as you can.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »
Very sorry to hear that, MW. I have cats, and grew up with cats, and if raised right when young they are among the sweetest of all animals.   :'(

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 01:48:57 AM »
      Masterwolf,    I'm very sorry about your loss.     I hope that the pleasant memories of your cat will comfort you through this very difficult time and always.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I disagree though with killing sick pets. I think it is inhumane to animals and you should treat them like you would people. Would you kill a sick relative with a lethal injection for a crime they didn't commit?

What could I possibly of done let her suffer?? There was no way on reversing the stroke it was crippling her.  She couldn't walk on her own.  I wouldn't put an animal to sleep for no reason but this wouldn't be fair for the animal or for us.   As far as a person goes if I had a sever accident God forbid and I remained on tubes the rest of my life and nothing works by my heart I wouldn't want to live like that.

By the way thank you all.  I will probably get another one to fill that space in.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 08:19:33 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I disagree though with killing sick pets. I think it is inhumane to animals and you should treat them like you would people. Would you kill a sick relative with a lethal injection for a crime they didn't commit?

Yacov, there are times when the animal simply can not be cured, and allowing them to go on living would be cruelty. There are also times when the animal is dying, but dying a slow, painful death. It's better for the animal to have a way out.

The first dog we put to sleep had severe pneumonia. I wore myself out carrying her around trying to get her into a steamy bathroom, trying to coax her to take medication that she was refusing to take, even hidden inside food, and trying to sleep in the short bursts between her coughing fits. She was getting worse and worse, and slowly drowning to death, even though I fought hard for weeks to try to save her. There was nothing else to do, and she kept looking at me with this expression like she was in a lot of pain, and the coughing got worse and worse. I basically got no good sleep for a few weeks, because she was constantly coughing and had to be positioned upright and patted on her side or put into a steamy bathroom to help calm the fits, which would only work for a very short time, an hour or two at the most. I was about to drive my own health into the ground for her, and she was only getting worse and worse and worse. She was also elderly and had had a  string of health problems over the last year, as if her body were trying to shut down. We really had no other choice, for her sake. I wasn't going to allow my little girl to drown to death inside her own lungs, because she was quickly headed that way.

The other two times were just as obvious and there was no other choice. I prayed that they'd die peacefully in their sleep so I wouldn't have to do that, because believe me, it's very painful to have to make that choice. After that first time, I wasn't right for a whole year afterward. The emotional toll was horrible.

Yacov it's not something people want to do, but it's often the only humane choice.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »
Rubystar, thats what the vet said, if by chance the cat was to survive she would not really be living.  Her stroke could of come back in 2 days, and that it would of been the most crue way possible for the animal to live.  If the cat isnt eating or not able to go to the litter box on her own?  Yacov I disagree fully on letting an animal suffer like that.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss MasterWolf. You did the right thing.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »

Yacov, there are times when the animal simply can not be cured, and allowing them to go on living would be cruelty. There are also times when the animal is dying, but dying a slow, painful death. It's better for the animal to have a way out.

You're quite correct, Ruby.

Allowing an incurable creature to suffer needlessly is cruel and insane.