Author Topic: Happy Tekufat Nissan!  (Read 2609 times)

admin

Happy Tekufat Nissan!
« on: April 06, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »
BS"D

2 Nissan, 5768

Today (Monday) is the first day of Spring according to the Jewish solar calendar. This is the beginning of Tekufat Nissan (Nissan Period), one of the 4 Jewish solar seasons. Next year on this date which will fall out on Wednesday, 14 Nissan, 5769 (April 8, 2009), we will recite Birchat HaChama, The Blessing of The Sun, which we do every 28 years on Wednesday, April 8. This commemorates The Creation of The Sun on Wednesday, 4 Nissan, in the year 0 of Creation. 4 Nissan falls out on a Wednesday this year (This coming Wednesday.)  just like when The Sun was created. The last time we read Birchat HaChama (Before I was born but in my mother's womb.), April 8 and 4 Nissan coincided (5741/1981).

On the behalf of The Staff of The JTF Forum, I wish everyone a Happy Spring. Chodesh HaAviv Sameach!

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:34:41 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Happy Tekufat Nissan!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 12:44:29 AM »
I like fall the best. I would like Spring but I get sick with allergies at least once every Spring. Thankfully it seems like I've already gotten sick once so I hope it won't happen again this season. I still feel allergies though. *sigh* Thanks for the nice wishes for a Spring for everyone Yacov, I hope that everyone has a nice one too.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »
Whatever season it isn't currently tends to be my favorite. ::)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:01:42 AM »
At my University we had an outdoor Israel festival commemorating 60 years since Independence and it was the first lovely day of Spring, it was around 70 degrees. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 02:57:17 AM »
I like fall the best. I would like Spring but I get sick with allergies at least once every Spring. Thankfully it seems like I've already gotten sick once so I hope it won't happen again this season. I still feel allergies though. *sigh* Thanks for the nice wishes for a Spring for everyone Yacov, I hope that everyone has a nice one too.

I like Fall the best too.

Same here O0

Offline YESHA

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 07:55:42 AM »
Pesach is coming....