Author Topic: Tattooing of Jews.  (Read 12186 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Tattooing of Jews.
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:15:50 AM »
In world war 2, Hitler tattooed Jews with numbers, marking their bodies against G-ds laws, do you think those Jews G-d allowed into heaven, or do you think they were forsaken?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Tattooing of Jews.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »
In world war 2, Hitler tattooed Jews with numbers, marking their bodies against G-ds laws, do you think those Jews G-d allowed into heaven, or do you think they were forsaken?
Allowed in ,besides i know more then few Jewish guys with tattoos
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »
I don't know the answer to your question, but personally I don't think God would keep someone away just because they got a tattoo, and much less because someone else FORCED them to be tattooed. That's like blaming a woman for being raped!

I think it should be considered a sin to put a tattoo on anyone's body, unless it's for correcting a cosmetic problem, like a really ugly birthmark. There are legitimate reasons for tattooing that a cosmetic surgeon might use. Other than that, I think they're just awful. Why mark up the body that God gave you?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »
Having lost nearly all my family in that period, that was the reason for my tattoos, for when I die I will be where they are.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:28:40 AM »
They were not forsaken.
I think God makes exceptions for victims of torture.  ;)
On the other hand Hitler not only got a one way ticket but he drove the bus straight to hell.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:40:15 AM »
Having lost nearly all my family in that period, that was the reason for my tattoos, for when I die I will be where they are.

I don't know how the super religious types will view that, Skippy, but I respect that.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »
Jews that got Nazi tattoos in The Holocaust (I call all tattoos Nazi tattoos by the way.) are permitted to be buried in Jewish cemeteries but a Jew who got a tattoo out of their own free will is not permitted to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.

What if they had a disfiguring scar that could be easily covered by a skin-colored tattoo?

Also, what happens if they got a tattoo and no one knew about it until after they died? Is the funeral parlour going to tell the already grieving family?

Hitler also burned Jews' bodies and Jews aren't supposed to be burned when they die. But he didn't burn the bones so they will be resurrected from the Luz bone.

What about Jewish victims of 9/11 whose bodies were completely burnt up?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:44:42 AM by Rubystars »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »

Hitler also burned Jews' bodies and Jews aren't supposed to be burned when they die. But he didn't burn the bones so they will be resurrected from the Luz bone.

Jews that got Nazi tattoos in The Holocaust (I call all tattoos Nazi tattoos by the way.) are permitted to be buried in Jewish cemeteries but a Jew who got a tattoo out of their own free will is not permitted to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.

Many were burnt to ash in the end, no bones were saved.

Plus I am not going to be buried anyway.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:09:41 AM by Fidei defensor »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 10:08:01 AM »

I don't know how the super religious types will view that, Skippy, but I respect that.

Many super religious ones nowadays can't see the woods for the trees.  ;)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »

Tovia Singer said Hitler didn't pulvarize the bones so they survived the burning.

Then what are you going to do?

Tovia Singer was incorrect. In the end the ovens run white hot 24 hours a day, nothing was left of most.

I will be cremated, as was my father and placed in the ocean. And so will be my mother when she dies.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:16:35 AM by Fidei defensor »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 10:44:53 AM »
As a Christian I don't believe the body is important at all once you leave it. Certainly it should be treated with respect by those left behind, and not defiled, but I don't think you can hurt someone in any way once they're dead. My body is not me. I'm a spiritual being living inside my body.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »
Skippy why do you want to be cremated?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »

As I said most of my family on both sides were cremated in the death camps, and my fathers dying wish was to be cremated as well, to be with his family.

And I want to join them too, I have spent all of my life without them, I don't wish to spend all my afterlife separated from them either.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 11:34:39 AM »

As I said most of my family on both sides were cremated in the death camps, and my fathers dying wish was to be cremated as well, to be with his family.

And I want to join them too, I have spent all of my life without them, I don't wish to spend all my afterlife separated from them either.
You're a Jew right? But don't Jews believe that burns the soul?
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:13 AM »
I'm just curious. How can a non-corporeal thing be burned by a chemical reaction?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »
Tattooing is forbidden as a form body mutilation, I'm sured it is not prohibited as a type of reconstructive treatment. I've never heard of an incident where a a body was refused to be buried for being tattooed. I suppose that even in such hypothetical case the body is buried in the outer side of the fence.

I've heard that cremation may not have been forbidden in previous generations. In any case the concern is that the body is being desecrated (by the cremators).

As for holocaust victims, there is no machloket (dispute) that whatever mutilation and degradation they suffered, it will not prevent them from being rewarded in the world to come.  Clearly there's no way that a man can destroy another man's soul.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 12:19:56 PM »
I believe in a very compassionate G-d. O0  I think he can forgive things such as tattoos and being cremated.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:57:53 PM by Ari »

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »
My grandmother on my mother's side is cremated in 1982 and my late uncle tht died from a car accident in NJ from horrific winter condition in 89 was cremated, instead of burying.  I guess my mother felt their presence was closer to the home.  I have the 2 boxes now in my cabinet
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ZooSolo

• New JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »
signing up to be cremated after death is a HUGG mistake. Choosing to do soo, im sprry to say is an extremly stupid (sorry I cant think of a nicer way of saying it, but forgive me) thing to do. Why would someone sign up to get scattered all over the universe, I believe this is the form of Kaf Hakella which is worse then Gehinnom (Hell). This is the punishment described for the biggest reshaim like titus (may his name be blotted out).
 With tattoes. It is a sin to get them, but that doesn't automatically mean that one is damned to hell forever, expecially if it was forced upon them. Sometimes people look at things as if its some calculated system (sad to say it is the christian and islamic point of view a lot of times). Also they remove the tattoes nowadays after one dies. Having tattoes is a sin and people should be worried, but it doesn't really measure if one is automatically a bad person or not. Getting a tattoe is a sin, but its not every second a sin that your getting while you have it. But it is best to remove it when you can.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
As a Christian I don't believe the body is important at all once you leave it. Certainly it should be treated with respect by those left behind, and not defiled, but I don't think you can hurt someone in any way once they're dead. My body is not me. I'm a spiritual being living inside my body.

Cremation is forbidden in Christianity.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 02:23:41 PM »
Actually the way I saw about cremation is that the soul of the person is still close by but thats jmho
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
i think the prohibition of tatoos has nothing to do with heaven, but being able to buried in a jewish cemetary.  But i believe the rule is self inflicted wound that is permanent.  Am I correct?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »

Tovia Singer said Hitler didn't pulvarize the bones so they survived the burning.

Then what are you going to do?

Tovia Singer was incorrect. In the end the ovens run white hot 24 hours a day, nothing was left of most.

I will be cremated, as was my father and placed in the ocean. And so will be my mother when she dies.

In my opinion, i think the proper thing is a burial and allow the earth do the decomposing in the natural way.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Then you're a self-hating Jew.

I think those are somewhat stong words to use. But it definitly is something horrible to do to oneself and we should prevent people from doing that.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/