Author Topic: Croatian lady watching tv for 42 years  (Read 1245 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Croatian lady watching tv for 42 years
« on: June 24, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
Hedviga Golik made herself a cup of tea and sat down to watch some television in her hometown of Zagreb, Croatia. Sadly, she died in her chair. This was in 1966. She was just found, 42 years later, in her time capsule mausoleum where she's been sitting ever since. She never finished her tea.

What's absurd is that she was in fact reported missing, but somehow no one ever checked her apartment, which leads me to believe no one checked anywhere. I mean, where else do you look for someone when they're missing? I don't understand it. Her neighbors apparently just assumed she moved out of her apartment, and she was finally found when the police broke in to figure out who owned the place.

A police spokesman said: "When officers went there, they said it was like stepping into a place frozen in time. The cup she had been drinking tea from was still on a table next to the chair she had been sitting in and the house was full of things no one had seen for decades. Nothing had been disturbed for decades, even though there were more than a few cobwebs in there."

That is insane 42 years Woah!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Croatian lady watching tv for 42 years
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:45:55 PM »
Wow :-\ :-\ :o :o
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 02:13:44 PM »
She was just found, 42 years later, in her time capsule mausoleum where she's been sitting ever since. She never finished her tea.

I find it difficult to believe the tea detail. The tea surely must have evaporated after 42 years. How did they know she never finished it?

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »
P.S. This makes me think of that Dickens character from Great Expectations. Was her name Miss Havesham or something?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »
Did they do an autopsy to see what she died from ?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 02:16:53 PM »
please attach a link

and i share masha's skepticism.  After 42 years without the upkeep of a home, everything would fall apart and the lawn would have tall grass and driveway with lots of cracks.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »
please attach a link

and i share masha's skepticism.  After 42 years without the upkeep of a home, everything would fall apart and the lawn would have tall grass and driveway with lots of cracks.

She lived in an apartment
Plus wouldn't people smell her

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »
i would think there would have been an eviction notice if this was an apt for rent..

This story does not add up....
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 02:47:18 PM »
i would think there would have been an eviction notice if this was an apt for rent..

This story does not add up....

Maybe she owned the apartment and rented out some of the rooms?