Author Topic: Lebanon moves TROOPS towards Shebba Farms!  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
Lebanon moves TROOPS towards Shebba Farms!
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:03:14 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215330944272&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Should diplomacy fail to return "Israeli-occupied land" to Lebanon, the Lebanese army (LAF) will take it by force, Lebanese President Gen. Michel Sueleiman said on Sunday.

Suleiman was speaking at a press conference after meeting Syrian President Bashar Assad on the sidelines of the Mediterranean conference in Paris. The Lebanese president stressed, however, that the military option was the last resort.

Assad said Lebanon had an important role to play in the Middle East peace process and that any progress in future Israel-Lebanon negotiations would be made in coordination with Syria.

Meanwhile, in what is being interpreted in Israel as a declaration of ownership, the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) has built a road and set up a military position in the Shaba Farms/ Mount Dov area for the first time since Israel's withdrawal from that part of Lebanon in 2000.

Israeli defense officials confirmed the move, which was first reported in the Lebanese media, but would not comment on its significance.

According to the reports, the LAF paved a road into the Bastara Farm, which is on the Lebanese side of the Blue Line international border and lies just 300 meters away from the land that Israel conquered in 1967.

Mount Dov - 20 square kilometers of mountains on the northeast border - was conquered by Israel from Syria during the Six Day War. Israel says the land belongs to Syria, while Hizbullah claims it belongs to Lebanon. Syria and Lebanon have not resolved the issue between them.

On Friday, The Jerusalem Post reported that Israel was categorically opposed to a European proposal to transfer the land to the United Nations until ownership issue was clarified. "The Shaba Farms are of vital strategic importance for Israel and therefore have security significance. Handing the land over to the UN means that Hizbullah will be there," a top defense official had said.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
Re: Lebanon moves TROOPS towards Shebba Farms!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »
don't say lebanon... say hezb. or syria or iran or amer. moves troops toward israel... nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »
don't say lebanon... say hezb. or syria or iran or amer. moves troops toward israel... nik.

Why not Lebanon?

Lebanon is as much responsible as Hezbollah!

Unless you are against Lebanon having any legitimacy, which is understandable.
However Israel still treats Hezbollah as if it is a separate entity of the Lebanese government, so it is necessary to show that Lebanon is Hezbollah, which means that when Israel goes to war against Hezbollah there are no targets off-limit in Lebanon.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34:08 PM »
True
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:55:05 PM »
i'm not protecting them... but they are worthless and not much more than a sack of potatoes... certainly not a worthy opponent of israel...they are all a bunch of woosim... nik.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:12:18 PM by nikmatdam »
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
The main point is the Israel's capitulation is going to lead to more strife, bloodshed and tragedy. My cousin warned me almost a year to this date that if the S.O.B. Kuntar is released, the country is finished.

That is one prophecy I didn't want to see come true, but since the current leadership acts like the Judenrat of WW2 Europe, this is typical behavior for them.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »
yep... you got that right... nik.

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 09:22:24 PM »
if lebanon chooses not to deal with hezbolla, and in fact supports it (it does obviously  ::)) then israel should react the way it did in the second lebanon war, in fact it should have occupied ALL of lebanon, and rooted out hezbolla, and replaced the pathetic puppet government, with a government of christians  from the local population, the country would then a be a ally. and the israeli government should strangle the borders of lebanon untill it submits.
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels