Author Topic: The top best Fighters!  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Hungarian

• Junior JTFer
The top best Fighters!
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:08:34 AM »
I think it's deserves a thread.  ;)

I think F-35 Lightning II is the best.

The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a single-seat, single-engine, stealth-capable military strike fighter, a multi-role aircraft that can perform close air support, tactical bombing, and air superiority fighter missions. The F-35 has three different models; one is the conventional takeoff and landing variant, the second is short takeoff and vertical-landing variant, and the third is a carrier-based variant.

The F-35 is descended from the X-35, the product of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program. Its development is being principally funded by the United States, with the United Kingdom and other partner governments providing additional funding. It is being designed and built by an aerospace industry team led by Lockheed Martin with Northrop Grumman and BAE Systems as major partners. Demonstrator aircraft flew in 2000, with the first flight on 15 December 2006.

My second favorite Eurofighter Typhoon

The Eurofighter Typhoon is a twin-engine canard-delta wing multirole aircraft. It is being designed and built by a consortium of three separate partner companies: Alenia Aeronautica, BAE Systems, and EADS working through a holding company Eurofighter GmbH which was formed in 1986. The project is managed by NETMA (NATO Eurofighter and Tornado Management Agency) which acts as the prime customer.

The series production of the Eurofighter Typhoon is underway. The aircraft has entered service with the UK Royal Air Force, the German Luftwaffe, the Italian Air Force, the Spanish Air Force and the Austrian Air Force. Saudi Arabia has signed a GB£4.43 billion (approx. €6.4 billion c. 2007) contract for 72 aircraft.

JAS 39 Gripen

The Saab JAS 39 Gripen (Swedish: "griffin") is a 4.5 generation fighter aircraft manufactured by the Swedish aerospace company Saab. Gripen International acts as a prime contracting organisation and is responsible for marketing, selling and supporting the Gripen fighter around the world.

The aircraft is in service with the Swedish Air Force, the Czech Air Force, the Hungarian Air Force and the South African Air Force, and has been ordered by the Royal Thai Air Force. A total of 236 Gripens have been ordered as of 2008.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The top best Fighters!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:17:41 AM »
The best fighter is undoubtedly the F-22 Raptor. The Typhoon is a distant second, and then the F-35 which is yet to enter service.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »
The best fighter is undoubtedly the F-22 Raptor. The Typhoon is a distant second, and then the F-35 which is yet to enter service.

I was about to say, I don;'t think the F-35 has even seen combat yet so I wouldn't call it the "best" yet.

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 10:16:36 PM »

I was about to say, I don;'t think the F-35 has even seen combat yet so I wouldn't call it the "best" yet.
good point dont over or under estimate how good something will preform before it does
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif

Offline Hungarian

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
But I think Jas-39 is beautiful.  O0

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 06:35:05 PM »
But I think Jas-39 is beautiful.  O0
it is a magnificent fighter  :)
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif