Author Topic: Ultra-Orthodox? wig shop unveils 'Sarah Palin Wig'  (Read 4745 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ultra-Orthodox? wig shop unveils 'Sarah Palin Wig'
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 07:53:02 AM »
I saw an episode of curb your enthusiasm once where Larry David (Yimach Shmo) made fun of hasidic Jews and said they used a sheet.

I am not convinced that Larry David, for his sin of being an apostate, and open about it, merits to be cursed with the same curse that jews use of hitler and arafat.

Who are you copying when you do that?

Would Chaim curse Larry David like that?

I notice that of the small handful of people that do it, 3/4 of them are not jewish.

I would be suprised if Larry David "made fun", like a bad school child, in a taunting relentless malicious way.  I've seen him and he does some quality comedy. He is a comedian.

I don't know, qq, some people here are just curse happy...

don't make excuses for them.

and don't yet put "camerakid" in the same bag as the sick repeat offenders

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 08:04:41 AM »
   Chaim does not like the term "Ultra-Orthodox" because it implies that observant Jews are radical and is a term mostly used by non-religious. Many Chabad congregations don't consider themselves Orthodox either because they want to be open to every Jew.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 08:07:56 AM »
   Chaim does not like the term "Ultra-Orthodox" because it implies that observant Jews are radical and is a term mostly used by non-religious. Many Chabad congregations don't consider themselves Orthodox either because they want to be open to every Jew.

well whatdo we call radical "ultra" orthodox Jews?  Inclusive Orthodox Jews?  >:(
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 08:14:08 AM »

well whatdo we call radical "ultra" orthodox Jews?  Inclusive Orthodox Jews?  >:(

charedim.

or Strictly Orthodox.

They don't like to be called "ultra".

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »

charedim.

or Strictly Orthodox.

ok, so that's what I'll call them...charedi or strictly orthodox...fair enough.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 08:27:21 AM »

charedim.

or Strictly Orthodox.

charedim is more specific to the group..  black hat..

maybe there would be some religious zionists that would object to being excluded from the label of "strictly orthodox"... though the term wouldn't normally refer to them.

you can count on strictly orthodox jews in the diaspora being charedi.

because if they were really serious and religious zionist, they'd surely live in israel.

the serious religious zionists in israel, , might be called Dati Leumi, though i'm not sure if they are all really strictly seriously orthodox.  Some are.. leading ones certainly are.  They are probably generally like right wing modern orthodox. With leaders , their rabbis, being very strict.

In America, Rabbi Kahane used to send kids to anti zionist schools, because they were simply more religious, and kids got a better jewish education. He himself studied at Mir yeshiva. Probably the only zionist there!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 09:13:40 AM »

charedim.

or Strictly Orthodox.

charedim is more specific to the group..  black hat..

maybe there would be some religious zionists that would object to being excluded from the label of "strictly orthodox"... though the term wouldn't normally refer to them.

you can count on strictly orthodox jews in the diaspora being charedi.

because if they were really serious and religious zionist, they'd surely live in israel.

the serious religious zionists in israel, , might be called Dati Leumi, though i'm not sure if they are all really strictly seriously orthodox.  Some are.. leading ones certainly are.  They are probably generally like right wing modern orthodox. With leaders , their rabbis, being very strict.

In America, Rabbi Kahane used to send kids to anti zionist schools, because they were simply more religious, and kids got a better jewish education. He himself studied at Mir yeshiva. Probably the only zionist there!

actually, I have noticed that I have lessened my use of the term ultra orthodox since I have joined JTF a two years ago...Like you are saying, I was referring to the Haredi as Black Hats, but Lubovitch as Chabad.  And religious zionists as religious zionists..

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 04:28:50 PM »
it's hideous.  if you are balding, it's fine.  i don't think that hair looks like Sarah Palin's hair.  Sarah has beautiful brunette hair that is not overly thick like that wig.  it looks like a floor mop :laugh:

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 06:52:44 PM »
I like it

As long as they don't shave their hair underneath!

Muslims would never put up with that(shaving), and they're right on that!

I have heard that shaving the hair underneath was a tradition by some religious Jews.  This is true?

Some did it and had good reasons (in Europe so the women would not get raped). But overall just do it like that, and now, is not good at all. Infact women who shave their heads are doing something that is characterized by certain female demons (Lilim Ysv).
 The whole prupose of covering the heads is so that OTHER men dont look at you and the only one who is to enjoy the wife is the husband. Now, what is the point for a women to shave her natural hair and put on an expensive wig- to look good when she's outside and attract other men, and look horrible to the husband ?(even the thought of a women without her natural hair is repulsive to me, and I would guess for most other normal men too.)

Yep, completely counter-intuitive.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »
That is a pretty wig.  But what's wrong with just wearing a scarf?  They're lovely and they come in all colors.  :)
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 02:06:19 AM »
<snip>
 The whole prupose of covering the heads is so that OTHER men dont look at you and the only one who is to enjoy the wife is the husband.
<snip>

I'm not sure who you think you are addressing.  ("you" obviously isn't anybody here)

But anyhow, as we've pointed out, some women look very attractive wearing head coverings.

infact, I think some women look more attractive wearing head coverings than wearing their natural hair!