Author Topic: Quranimal attacked American citizen in Genf and whipped him with his belt.  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Sheik denies assaulting American in Swiss hotel

By ELIANE ENGELER – 5 hours ago

GENEVA (AP) — A brother of the United Arab Emirates' ruler appealed to a Swiss court Monday to overturn his conviction for assaulting an American with his belt in a luxury hotel bar.

A lawyer for Sheik Falah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan denied that the 38-year-old whipped Silvano Orsi, 40, after the American declined a bottle of champagne the sheik offered him in August 2003.

Defense lawyer Marco Crisante urged a three-judge panel in the Geneva cantonal (state) criminal court to declare the sheik innocent and annul the 10,000 Swiss franc ($9,820) fine imposed by the Geneva police tribunal in July.

The lower court had convicted the sheik of inflicting "bodily harm with the use of a dangerous object" and also imposed a suspended penalty of 540,000 francs ($530,000), which would be payable in the event of another infraction in Switzerland during the next three years.

Geneva's chief prosecutor, Daniel Zappelli, told the appeals court that it should uphold the verdict. Zappelli said two former hotel employees and a security officer had independently testified that they had seen the sheik assaulting Orsi.

Crisante said Orsi's accusations were "false" and purely motivated by his desire to gain money from the sheik.

Orsi, a resident of Rochester, N.Y., claims that after he refused the champagne, the sheik — whom he had never met — came up behind him, jostled his glasses, sat in his lap and tried to kiss and fondle him. When Orsi protested, the assault began, he says.

The sheik says the men got into a heated argument after he overheard someone call him gay and acknowledged that he pulled his belt from his trousers, but insists he never struck Orsi.

Crisante said the sheik's bodyguards intervened and prevented him from whipping Orsi.

Orsi's lawyer Alec Reymond said the sheik "did not have sufficient education to understand he cannot whip other people like a dog" and asked the court to uphold the ruling.

Prosecutor Zappelli has said Orsi's injuries and post-traumatic shock from the beating left him incapable of working.

It was unclear how long it would take for the judges to issue a verdict. Neither the sheik nor Orsi attended the hearing Monday.

The defendant is a brother of Sheik Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who was appointed president of the United Arab Emirates in 2004 after the death of their father, Sheik Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0jRZny-52ak1CHIaeOI6BzZdUBQD94LGABG0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
Re: Quranimal attacked American citizen in Genf and whipped him with his belt.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 02:52:21 PM »

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0jRZny-52ak1CHIaeOI6BzZdUBQD94LGABG0

I've asked a friend of mine who once worked for his father for more information on this gentleman, but he said that the late Sheikh Zayed had 19 sons and you can't keep track of them all. He did say that they are so used to whipping their Pakistani servants that this sort of thing isn't greatly surprising.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:32:29 PM »

I've asked a friend of mine who once worked for his father for more information on this gentleman, but he said that the late Sheikh Zayed had 19 sons and you can't keep track of them all. He did say that they are so used to whipping their Pakistani servants that this sort of thing isn't greatly surprising.

I think this super rich but lazy quranimals are not live in reality. The wealth and specially that they enjoy so much from it has made them nuts.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 04:45:04 PM »

That's hilarious