Author Topic: Boycott Turkey  (Read 6205 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Boycott Turkey
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »

Phew, for a second there I thought you meant the poultry meat. I just bought a couple of boneless skinless turkey breasts, very healthy lean protein. :)

Yes, I am a big fan of Turkey.  I'm chowing down on some Turkey Chili as we speak.

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 03:54:59 PM »
I am not here to do Turkey's advocacy here but I have to clearify somethings.
I would like to tell you that I feel humiliated beacuse of Hitler's "Mein Kampf" is one of the best seller books in my country in the last few years.There is no point to defend this situation.Shame on you Turkey!!!

Turkey and Israel are critical allies as I expressed in my prior post.There may appear crisis/problems between two countries regarding the events in middle east,such as we saw in Davos 2009.But the deep strategic partnership will never be damaged just because of these incidents.

Armenian Genocide is one of the issues we should let the Armenians and Turks solve each other.I am really hopefull for the future that we can finally come to a peace.

It's true that Turkey will remain as a Muslim country no matter how much it gets secularist,democratic and respectful to human rights.But I didn't lose my faith on Turkish people yet.I still believe even if they don't change their religion,they will learn how to distinguish religion and public life.They will learn what secularism means in fact.

European Union??? maybe a few centuries later,maybe in 2300s Turkey could be a member of the EU. Everybody knows including Jews,Germen,Frenchs,Americans,Hindus,Russians and Turks that Turkey will never be a member of the EU.It's just impossible.It's just a chess they play each other.

Mehmet, do you denounce Islam?    To me that is the million dollar question... for anyone who comes from a predominantly Muslim country.  We have Persian members here, and have no problems with them.... simply because they genuinely agree with our beliefs about Islam... that it is inherantly evil... as with Naziism and Communism.

A relgion which commands to exterminate all non-believers if they do not want to submit to it,is totally unacceptable.However,I was born,raised and still living in a muslim country.I am not totally an enemy of the muslims or islam.After all,they are my people.We must accept that this relgion will remain very very long time as long as humans are existed in this world.Therefore,we must encourage them to modify their religion to adopt it to the 21th century.
Personally I do not believe that it is possible to separate religous and secular life in the way in which you indicate. Christianity has no designs on society on the whole, in the way that Islam does, but even in Europe it has never really been possible to separate Church from State. If you think I'm just talking about hundreds of years ago, check on how many Catholics were in Jim Callaghan and Shirley Williams' Cabinet when they took Britain into the Common Market.

I would concede a litte to Mehmetce. I do believe that educated people in the West of Turkey increasingly pay just lip service to Islam, in the way in which most people in the UK do to Christianity. I personally manage a group of educated people in western Turkey, not one of whom goes to a mosque or observes Ramadan. I believe that there is a possibility of a civil war between the modern secularists and the vast conservative majority. The army would  side with the secularists, and the Arab petrodollars with Islam. The present day secularists already tend to regard the term Arab as an insult, and bear absolutely no resemblance either in appearance or belief to the Islamic hordes which have been allowed to settle throughout western Europe.   

Secularism is the guarantee of democratic regime in Turkey.If we abandon it by thinking that it is impossible to create and sustain a secular country,then Turkey will defitinely be an Islamic State.To prevent this from happenning,we've got to look after secularism very carefully and teach our children "new comers" how much it is important to sustain secularism.I don't know about Europe,but  the situation in Turkey is this.Each country has it's own unique problems you know.

I almost agree with your statements about seculars except the civil war between seculars and islamists.Nearly 5.000 people hanged during the administration of Ataturk,because of their reactions on the secularism.It was a cost which must have paid for democracy.
Maybe this bloody racism age would last a few more centuries,and then maybe our grand children will live a second spring.

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
Your jokes about Turkey started to get stale.Try to be more creative or,do not any joke about it ;D
Maybe this bloody racism age would last a few more centuries,and then maybe our grand children will live a second spring.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »
Your jokes about Turkey started to get stale.Try to be more creative or,do not any joke about it ;D

What do Turks think about the Arabs?
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »

You're right, nobody likes stale Turkey.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
Turks have the government which they want, and which they deserve. They shouldn't whine about it.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2009, 03:39:58 AM »
I as Ortodox Christian will always side with Armenia or Greece against Turkey; As to Israel of course it had right to alie itself with whoever they want but I think it makes a mistake here. Israel is antagonasing Ortodox Countries only to win a "friendship" from the like 1979 Iran Turkey. And for the Turks they have obligation to prove their secularity by rejecting islaimist parties in next elections or they won't be acepted into EU no matter what Barrack Hussein Obama says.  I'm 100% for the Sarko :yuck: in this one.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
The Communist lead of Hungary and of my town bought Turkish bus. (Mercedes Conecto, but made in "Türkiye").
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 09:13:03 AM »
The Communist lead of Hungary and of my town bought Turkish bus. (Mercedes Conecto, but made in "Türkiye").

And now I hope they send them here to Germany. We fill the busses with the Turks and send them back to Turkey...  ;D :dance:

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »

Communist landscape.

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2009, 02:13:17 PM »

What do Turks think about the Arabs?

Well,turks are a crowded people you know and opinions may vary from person to person.
Some of them really hate them,because they think,they deserve to die,as they sold ottomans and betrayed them by cooperating with the "infidels"  in the WWI.Some of others think that they are still muslims so they are their brothers.
And finally some of them,does not feel hatred or friendship agaisnt them.They just simply dislike them,because they think they are "retarded","dirty ass","selfish","vulgar" and all the other bad adjectives you can consider.