Author Topic: Norwegian doctor who said 9/11 was good for U.S. now Dr. for Hamas  (Read 781 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477881,00.html 

High-Profile Doctor in Gaza Called an 'Apologist for Hamas'

Thursday, January 08, 2009

By Jennifer Lawinski

AP

Jan. 6: Norwegian Dr. Mads Gilbert was allowed to cross into Gaza last week to assist with casualties in Israel's military operations in Gaza.

A high-profile Norwegian doctor who has said the September 11 terrorists were justified in their attack is now treating patients in Gaza and is being accused of presenting "hard-core propaganda" to TV interviewers in his telling of the conflict between Hamas and Israel.

Dr. Mads Gilbert has become an unofficial advocate of the Palestinian cause, his critics say.

International media reports, including those from the BBC, CBS, CNN and FOX’s sister station Sky News, present Gilbert as an ordinary doctor.

But a look at his record shows that Gilbert, 61, is a political activist and member of the Norwegian Maoist "Red" party, and he has been involved in solidarity work for the Palestinians since the 1970s. He has criticized the international aid organization Doctors Without Borders for refusing to take sides in conflicts

Gilbert volunteers at the Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza with the Norwegian Aid Committee (NORWAC), an aid organization funded by the Norwegian government, and he has been interviewed by the media on a variety of issues. Israeli government officials have said Hamas hides weapons in the hospital where Gilbert works.

• Click here to see a video of Gilbert at Al-Shifa Hospital.

NGO Monitor, an Israeli human rights watchdog group, says Gilbert presents one-sided criticism of Israel to the media and has accused Israel of deliberately targeting civilians in its Gaza offensive to stop Hamas from firing rockets into Israel.

In addition to being supportive of the terrorist organization Hamas, Gilbert has voiced support for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

"The attack on New York did not come as a surprise after the policy that the West has led during the last decades," Gilbert told the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet on Sept. 30, 2001. "The oppressed also have a moral right to attack the USA with any weapon they can come up with."

When asked if he supported a terror attack on the U.S., Gilbert said, "Terror is a bad weapon but the answer is yes within the context which I have mentioned."

Gerald Steinberg, executive director of NGO Monitor, said Gilbert's characterization of the situation in Gaza is "in the form of incitement of hatred."

"We question the accuracy and the political biases — if they exist — by groups that claim to promote human rights, humanitarian and non-political goals," Steinberg told FOXNews.com. "A doctor is someone who is not supposed to take a political side."

"We found out he justified the 9/11 attacks.… Here's a guy with a radical political background who is being interviewed as if he were a neutral medical observer," Steinberg said.

"He has become an apologist for Hamas, totally violating his obligation as a physician to heal the sick and not contribute to violence."

A representative for Sky News said it has not presented a biased picture of the conflict in Gaza when interviewing Gilbert.

“We are reporting events as they happen and interviewing all of the protagonists and a wide range of commentators on the situation," the network said in a statement.

"Dr. Gilbert is a working doctor in Gaza interviewed by the international news agencies in Gaza. A short interview clip with him has been included in one of our reports. Sky News has consistently reported on the Hamas rocket attacks into Israel, given extensive context and background to the dispute and interviewed the Israeli President live on air for 15 minutes."

The BBC did not respond to a request for comment.

Gilbert told FOXNews.com that he is neither anti-Israeli nor anti-American.

"I did my Ph.D. research in the United States at the University of Iowa in Iowa City," Gilbert said. "I have hundreds of American friends and I have many, many Jewish friends.

"I have nothing against the people of Israel. I have nothing against the Jews. In fact, I think that one of the worst things that happened in history was the Holocaust."

But Gilbert said he and NORWAC do not hide their pro-Palestinian bias in the Hamas-Israel conflict.

"We support the Palestinian people, and that's absolutely no secret that we have been supporting the Palestinian people for many years," Gilbert said. "We have been working tirelessly to improve the medical conditions through systematic training and teaching....

"I do not support the wall on the West Bank and I do not support the siege of Gaza," he said.

"This is very simple. If that is biased, so be it. Call me biased."

Steinberg said Gilbert's partisanship violates his ethical code.

"By justifying terror, supporting Hamas and fueling the conflict, NORWAC and Mads Gilbert have violated the Hippocratic Oath — 'first, do no harm'," he said.

The Hippocratic Oath states: "In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing."

But George Annas, a professor of medical ethics at The School of Public Health at Boston University, said Gilbert's political stance does not violate ethical codes.

"I think its fine for doctors to have political affiliations as long as they make them known. It really doesn't get to be a medical ethics issue unless you get some patients involved," Annas said.

Problems might arise, Annas said, "if he has wounded and sick patients and has been taking time away to do interviews and people are dying."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
Re: Norwegian doctor who said 9/11 was good for U.S. now Dr. for Hamas
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:04:35 AM »
He's a low life and of course the media has picked up on what he's saying and now people believe that Israel is deliberately killing civilians.  No country on earth makes as much effort to avoid killing civilians as Israel.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 03:31:25 AM »
Which reminds me of the Jewish Doctor in Paris who was murdered (most likely by one of his many muzlim patients) that I read about at atlasshrugs.com

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/01/paris-jewish-do.html

PARIS: Jewish Doctor Who Served Muslim Community Brutal Murdered

"They will never tell you that the good doctor tended to Paris' North African community, which is overwhelmingly Muslim.  One of his patients probably murdered him. No leads, no suspects .... yeah right. Wouldn't want to set up any riots by arresting a perp for murdering a Jew,eh?

(hat tip chsw)

Valenton Paris - Doctor Désiré Amsellem, 70, who was shot in his office last Friday and left there until he was discovered 24 hours later in unconscious condition, has just passed away.

As was reported here on VIN News, Mr Amsellem was a prominent Jewish doctor in Valenton, a suburb of Paris. He is Algerian Jew and his patients were primarily North African.[code for Muslims]

The Jewish community is concerned that the Police has no suspects, and no attention has been given to this, as a possible hate crime.

A family member that Spoke to VIN news from the Hospital Bicètre in Paris said, "there is a mandatory autopsy, as much as we have fought there is complicity by the Bet Din of Paris. He will be buried in Eretz Yisrael at the earliest possible time"

Dr. Amsellem leaves behind a wife, 1 son that lives in Paris, and 2 daughters that live New York.

UPDATE: This comment from Ayo gave me great pause. They are worse than I could imagine. They are truly depraved ....

This is a very common story among those who face persecution at the hands of Islam. Many Hindu doctors in Kashmir during 1989 and onwards were systematically murdered by the Muslim communities they faithfully served. They were lured out of the office or asked to come help a muslim patient in the middle of the night, never to return again.

In 1947 Pakistan, many Hindu doctors were exterminated as Pakistan implemented their "Final Solution" for the Hindu minority by luring them in the same fashion. The same patients who they served, saved and nurtured back to help repaid them with brutal torture and death, kidnapped their daughters and wiped out their families. One such hospital was Jeevanmala Hospital which is now in Pakistan. Many Hindus understand your pain.

This is the beauty and tolerance of Islam, this is the Peace of Islam, this is how they repay kindness. -Ayo Gorkhali"

aka Someone Else

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:29:12 AM »
This is terrible.  :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 07:09:24 AM »
From the country that brought us the oslo abomination, now this. I want to see a bullet delivered by an IDF sniper right between his eyes. What exactly has norway as a country ever produced anyway? What has Scandinavia in general ever given the planet except for crap ikea furniture which is overpriced, looks like crap and breaks easily.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 07:18:07 AM »
From the country that brought us the oslo abomination, now this. I want to see a bullet delivered by an IDF sniper right between his eyes. What exactly has norway as a country ever produced anyway? What has Scandinavia in general ever given the planet except for crap ikea furniture which is overpriced, looks like crap and breaks easily.

Ikea has good furniture too. I like the plain design.

Althrough some things are not built for heavy usage. Specially the "Billy" racks. I have had lots of trouble with it.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »
I'm not a big fan of IKEA. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
Actually there there many great Norwegians my late friend and his neighbor both pro Israel in extreme, working class none PC when my friend was alive he commited suicide he and a bunch of his friends stood up to bunch a qurananimals and destroyed their rally.Some Norwegians thought they were skinheads because they were anti pig moslem.But they had regular haircuts and were Pro Norway and Pro Israel.If you stand up to muzzies in they think your racist skinheads :o
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
IKEA is Swedish, by the way.
aka Someone Else

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »
Traitor to Europe >:(
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,