Author Topic: Can someone answer a question?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
Can someone answer a question?
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:14 PM »
What happened in Oakland that explains why people are rioting in the streets?  From what I've heard, a cop apparently tried to question somebody and it kind of got out of hand and the cop ended up shooting him in the back with a gun.  Is there someone that knows what happened?
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: Can someone answer a question?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:49:39 PM »
This is just ghetto trash reminding us all what uncivil animals they are.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
It was a BART cop who shot a New Years eve party goer who was involved in a big brawl on the train that evening. I don't know the facts of the case but it does seem quite strange that they shot him in the back while he was laying on the ground and they had handcuffed him. I think it was due to a cop who didnt know what he was doing..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »
This is just ghetto trash reminding us all what uncivil animals they are.

No, it seems that the cop made a big mistake and shot someone who was just mouthing off... In the past when I was young I once was accused of 'resisting arrest' and I am glad they didnt shoot me..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/08/BA2A155RRO.DTL&tsp=1

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/02/MNB9152I2Q.DTL

(01-01) 18:41 PST  -- A young man allegedly involved in a fight aboard a BART train was shot to death by a BART police officer on the platform of the Fruitvale Station early New Year's Day, in the midst of a brawl between two groups of young train passengers.

Oscar Grant, 22, was shot once while on the platform after a BART officer drew his gun during what officials called a volatile and chaotic scene. A gravely wounded Grant was taken to Highland Hospital, where he died Thursday morning, the Alameda County coroner's office said.

While witness accounts reported by news organizations indicate Grant was on the platform and handcuffed when he was shot, BART spokesman Jim Allison said the victim was not restrained when the gun discharged. BART officials wouldn't comment on whether the shooting was accidental or deliberate.

"Any incident with that many people, you're going to have different perceptions of what happened," Allison said.

Officials said no weapon was recovered from Grant or others involved in the altercation.
Witnesses' account

Allison and witnesses gave this account of the events leading up to Grant's death:

Apparently, two groups of young men were fighting on the train, which had come from San Francisco. Sometime while the train was en route to Dublin/Pleasanton, BART's operations control center learned of the disturbance and dispatched five BART police officers to the Fruitvale Station about 2 a.m. The train was ordered to stop and hold at Fruitvale so the police could deal with the situation.

The train arrived at Fruitvale, and police began trying to isolate the young men as they fought. Officers believe the group included Grant.

As officers attempted to control the situation, the two groups apparently continued to scuffle on the platform. At one point, three or four individuals on the platform were handcuffed, Allison said. Two people involved in the scuffle were detained, questioned by police and later released.

On Thursday afternoon, BART officials held a news conference and confirmed the officer had drawn his weapon during the incident. In describing the incident, however, they chose their wording very carefully, repeatedly referring to the shooting as a weapon "discharge," without specifically saying that the officer shot Grant.

Grant lived in Hayward, where family and friends gathered Thursday evening, too distraught to talk about the incident.

They would only say that he leaves behind a 4-year-old daughter.

At a park around the corner from his home, dozens of his friends gathered to share stories and express sadness over his sudden death.

"I knew Oscar for 19 years," said friend Robert Johnson. "He was everything. He was the world."

When a Chronicle reporter tried to interview other friends of Grant, a grief-stricken relative asked the group not to talk to reporters.

At the news conference, BART Patrol Cmdr. Travis Gibson said officers are trained to pull their guns when a BART patron or an officer is in danger.

"You use what force is reasonable to neutralize the situation without the person losing their life or the officer their life," he said.

Gibson said New Year's Eve had been a chaotic night for the officers on duty, with one gun recovered in San Francisco and another in West Oakland.
Officer tested, put on leave

The officer involved in the shooting was not identified, but Allison said he had been on the force nearly two years. The officer was given an alcohol and drug test, per department policy, and placed on administrative leave. Results of the alcohol and drug test are pending.

"It's too early to go into the specifics of the officer's record," Allison said.

Officials said the officer was carrying a baton in addition to his gun, but they were unsure whether he also carried a stun gun.

BART police have launched an internal investigation as well as a criminal investigation into the incident. The Alameda County district attorney's office has opened its own investigation, Allison said.

The Fruitvale Station has cameras, but BART officials said they are used only for monitoring and are not capable of recording. Some BART stations do have cameras that can record events, but not all of them.

Oakland attorney John Burris, who has handled several high-profile cases involving police shootings, said the incident prompts several questions to determine whether the shooting was justified.

Burris said he would want to know why the officer believed deadly force was required and whether the victim had a weapon or posed an immediate threat, or, if the shooting was accidental, why the officer's gun was drawn.

"The question is whether the person's civil rights have been violated," he said.

BART police ask anyone with information about the incident to call (877) 679-7000, extension 7040.

The BART police force has 206 sworn officers, many of whom were patrolling the system on New Year's Eve. The trains were running on extended service until 3 a.m. to accommodate late-night partygoers.

PS: The event was captured on video and it appears he was shot for no reason.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:59:46 PM »
You don't mouth off to a cop. Rule number one.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
If the police officer made a mistake, then he should be disciplined.  That is no excuse to riot the street and set things on fire. 

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Respect the police

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 11:15:23 PM »
Respect the police

Are those silouhettes of a cop beating someone, or is it photo of black on black violence?  ;D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »
Respect the police

Are those silouhettes of a cop beating someone, or is it photo of black on black violence?  ;D

Either one you choose :::D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 11:42:38 PM »
Respect the police
<snip>

how about 2 black cops?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 11:44:15 PM »
Respect the police
<snip>

how about 2 black cops?

To hard since the test were to hard for them to pass

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »
Just throw a net over the whole bunch of them.