Author Topic: Rabbi Kahane debates Ehud Olmert  (Read 403 times)

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
Rabbi Kahane debates Ehud Olmert
« on: January 11, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
Hi all,

I found this on Youtube, and thought that it was very timely for todaybecause of the conflict in Gaza.

"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rabbi Kahane debates Ehud Olmert
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
Hi all,

I found this on Youtube, and thought that it was very timely for todaybecause of the conflict in Gaza.

goodness me you're late on the bandwagon.. still, many may not have seen it.

it wasn't really debating ehud olmert.  It was both appearing on a news program.

the news guy completely defeated olmert..

his discussion with kahane was interesting..
it wasn't rabbi kahane's greatest performance..   Rabbi Kahane would usually give answers that dealt with the practical situation with common sense..(this works 95% of the time, so he did that). But really his ideas were based on halacha. Rabbi Kahane explained fully regarding hte practical situation and the solution of transfer.  Then the news guy questioned him on theoreticals, like what if all the arabs were peaceful.  And rabbi kahane was forced to give more proper answers to explain why he would still transfer them, but he didn't have time..   Still, on pure practicality, he won it.. He just didn't have time to go into other things to really answer the interviewer.

The interviewer was very good

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Rabbi Kahane debates Ehud Olmert
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »
Rabbi Kahane was right then, he'd be right now, and he'll be right in ten thousand years.