Author Topic: We have too many stickies. We have to cut down.  (Read 888 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
We have too many stickies. We have to cut down.
« on: February 03, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
Baruch Hashem (Thank G-d) we have so many sticky threads because so many of our great members are doing videos every day.

Now the vast majority of threads on our first page are stickies. There are 30 threads per page. As I write this message, 23 out of the 30 threads on page 1 are stickies, and only 7 are not stickies.

The new videos should receive priority over the other messages because the new videos are the way we reach more people.

I apologize that I am going to have to cut down on these stickies. From now on, the only threads that should be stickied are the threads with new videos - unless something absolutely urgent comes up. Again, I apologize for this, but we have no choice - if we continue at this pace, the whole first page will be stickied.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: We have too many stickies. We have to cut down.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:51:39 PM »
I am sorry because I just stickied one of AsheDinahs postings... I realize now that only posts which announce new videos should be stickied...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »
I am sorry because I just stickied one of AsheDinahs postings... I realize now that only posts which announce new videos should be stickied...

Me too.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 05:59:11 PM »
Could we have a section just for new videos?

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »

We may have to do that. But we have been trying to avoid it, because the General Discussion section gets the most traffic and we want all new videos to receive as much support as possible from our members.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »

We may have to do that. But we have been trying to avoid it, because the General Discussion section gets the most traffic and we want all new videos to receive as much support as possible from our members.

I thought that was probably why we haven't done it yet. In a way at least this is a good dilemma, with so many wonderful videos from our great members. :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 07:30:07 PM »
I was thinking what if we had one post every few days or so with all the new videos done by members? We could send them to a designated person who would start the thread and then all the videos would be included.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »
Why do we have month old stickies?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774