Author Topic: Maniac cult in TEL AVIV!!!  (Read 886 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Maniac cult in TEL AVIV!!!
« on: February 15, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1064257.html   

Exposed: Tel Aviv man has 32 women and 89 children
By Haaretz Service

Advertisement
Ratzon is held by his companions to be the savior (Goel in Hebrew) of the universe, and is attributed godly and supernatural abilities. Many of the women have tattooed his name and portrait on their bodies.

The names of every one of Ratzon's 89 children include his own first name. For instance, one of his sons is called Avinu Ha-Goel (our father the savior) and he has a daughter named Tehilat Ha-Goel (glory of the savior).

Ratzon told Channel 10 that there had been several attempts at collective suicide when some of the women thought he was going to leave them. Also in the film, some of the women said they would commit mass suicide if anyone tried to harm their leader.

They are all registered as single mothers, and live in separate quarters. Whenever Ratzon comes to visit, the children are required to kiss his shoes, and worship the tattoo of his portrait on their mother's arm.

National Council for the Child Director Dr. Yitzhak Kadman said that the authorities have very little room for maneuver.

"The man is treading a fine line," Kadman said. "As long as these children go to school regularly and are not suffering from neglect or flagrant abuse, there's not much the authorities can do. The law does not permit to prevent people from living in a certain lifestyle just because it seems inappropriate to some."

On Friday, one of Ratzon's companions was hospitalized after claiming to have tried to commit suicide. She was brought to Kaplan Hospital in Rehovot by Ratzon, who was accompanied by some of his other companions. The woman was released the next day.

She said that she had taken a large amount of anti-depressants and that she could not remember whether she had medical insurance or not. Ratzon, for his part, said he could not remember the woman's name.

"As soon as they came I knew it was this guy from TV," a hospital staff member said. "They walked in, and one of the women was supported by another. They really stood out."

The Tel Aviv welfare services and the National Insurance Institute said they were familiar with the case. The woman's apparent suicide attempt on Friday has been seen by authorities as a premeditated provocation to mitigate public pressure to clamp down on the cult.

An estranged friend of one of the women said that the group was very sophisticated and aware of the repercussions of being exposed to the public.

"They are not stupid, just very extreme," he said. "Maybe they fear that the exposure might affect their way of life, and they're acting tactically. I don't think it was the TV report - they wouldn't agree to do it unless they thought that it might benefit them in any way. Everything there is under control."

According to one of the women's friends, "they probably thought that if they make the first step, no one will harm them... That's their way of dealing with the authorities.

picture of insane leader slob with link
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Maniac cult in TEL AVIV!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »
Unreal,
The entire story is just wrong on so many levels. 
My Aunt is a psychiatrist in Rehovot, and she has told me some stories of polygamy in Israel where almost all involve a Muslim husband with Jewish women who have lost their way.  But this story is in another league, 32 wives, I just can not find the words.   

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »
Yeah, and the Tel Aviv cult that worships Tziporah Hitler (yimach schma) is much bigger and more dangerous than this yahoo.

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 03:32:18 PM »
He seduced them when they were little girls, he supported them financially and raised them up,
when they grew up he gave everyone of them children.
He made himself some kind of guru.
I dont want to comment about this because my knowledge of Torah about such cases is poor.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
He seduced them when they were little girls, he supported them financially and raised them up,
I dont want to comment about this because my knowledge of Torah about such cases is poor.
There is nothing Jewish about this cult. I hope he doesnt claim that he was a Jewish messiah. We know when moshiach comes that the entire world will know he is the redeemer.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
There is nothing Jewish about this cult. I hope he doesnt claim that he was a Jewish messiah. We know when moshiach comes that the entire world will know he is the redeemer.

Nobody cares about his stupid cult.
The only reason he got so much fame and attention is because he had 32 women, and that brings a lot of questions about polygamy in Judaism, because I think its allowed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 05:33:42 PM »

Nobody cares about his stupid cult.
The only reason he got so much fame and attention is because he had 32 women, and that brings a lot of questions about polygamy in Judaism, because I think its allowed.

I believe in the times of Torah it was allowed. But according to the Rabbis the practice of Polygamy was outlawed.

Here is the article on Chabads site:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/770990/jewish/Why-does-Torah-law-allow-polygamy.htm

"
Just to magnify your question somewhat, you'll note that Torah presents the original paradigm of marriage – that of Adam and Eve – as monogamous. Furthermore, virtually every instance of polygamy recounted in the Torah is related directly by the narrative to some sort of calamity—whether strife between competing wives, as was the case with Hannah and Peninah,1 or between rivaling half-siblings, e.g. Jacob's2 and King David's sons.3 Even the very verse4 in which the Torah provides a green light for polygamy frames it within an undesirable circumstance: "If a man will have two wives, one beloved and the other hated..."

Why then make room for trouble? If the ideal union of man and woman is an exclusive one, why should a "nation of priests and a holy people" compromise?

The simple answer is that Torah deals with life on earth, and the gamut of social life and human experience over all of history and world geography is too diverse to be restricted to one narrow ideal. Take, for example, an agrarian society whose male population has been decimated by war. How are women to survive and how is the population to replenish itself without the mechanism of polygamy? Similarly, a man married to a barren woman who could not produce sons to help in the field and defend the fort would find himself ill put to survive in those times. In an exclusively monogamous society, his wife would find her position insecure. Although, in normative circumstances, being "only one of many" compromises a woman's value as a person, in these situations a permit for polygamy is a form of compassion.

The only case of a polygamous rabbi recorded in the Talmud5 provides an excellent illustration: Rabbi Tarfon married 300 women. Why? Because there was a famine in the land. But Rabbi Tarfon had plenty of food, since he was a Kohen and received the priestly tithes. The wife of a Kohen is also permitted to eat those tithes. Those 300 women were very happy that the Torah permitted polygamy.

Torah discourages abuse of this permit—not just by recounting the calamitous narratives mentioned above, but also by placing requirements on the husband. For every extra wife, no matter how lowly her status, a man must provide "food, clothing and conjugal rights" commensurate to her needs, his capacity and equal to any other wives.6 Additionally, the husband must provide separate housing for each wife. Divorce requires involvement of the scribes, and the sages later instituted the ketubah as a further impediment of divorce. (See also Why is Jewish Marriage so One-Sided?) We see that these means were in fact effective, polygamy in Jewish circles was historically a rare exception.

Rare, but necessary nevertheless. Even when Rabbi Gershom and his Rabbinical Court assembled to create a ban on polygamy due to the conditions of their time (see previous link for more on this injunction), they nevertheless left the door open for extenuating circumstances. That loophole has proven vital in many an instance—for example, the case of a wife who has become (G‑d forbid) mentally incapacitated and is not halachically qualified to receive a divorce.

You may wish to think of Torah as the DNA of a highly resilient organism called the Jewish People. Whenever circumstances change, this organism looks back into its DNA and finds some code that allows for an adaptive modality. There's plenty off limits, but there is enough leeway to provide for every situation human life on planet earth can throw at you. Proof is, we've been through it all – nomadic, agrarian, civilized, industrial, technological – and in every part of the world, and we're still here, strong as ever.
"
http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/573,2488/Is-polygamy-still-allowed-today.html
Is polygamy still allowed today?

Although the Torah does not forbid polygamy (as we see that Abraham, Jacob, Saul, David, Solomon, etc., had more than one wife), around 1000 years ago a great German rabbi, Rabbi Gershom "the Light of the Diaspora", banned polygamy. This ban was accepted as law by all Ashkenazi Jews but never was recognized by the Sephardic communities.1

[In fact, a half a century ago when the Yemenite Jews immigrated to Israel, many of them had more than one wife (the Israeli government, which forbids polygamy, made an exception for those Jews who arrived with more than one wife). However, polygamy today is almost non-existent because most Sephardic Jews live in societies where polygamy is not socially (and/or legally) acceptable.]

Different reasons are given for this ban:

Some explain that this ban was instituted to prevent people from taking advantage of their wives.2 Others add, that perhaps Rabbi Gershom was concerned lest the husband be unable to provide properly for all wives (especially in difficult times of Exile);3 or lest he marry another wife in a different place which may lead to forbidden relationships between offspring (Mishkanot Yaakov there), or maybe he simply wanted to avoid the inherent rivalry, fighting and "hatred" between rival wives which may lead to a number of violations.4

R. Yaakov Emden suggests that it was adopted from the Christian practice and laws to avoid Christian attacks against Jews who act otherwise,5 but this argument has been attacked by many other halachic authorities.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14