Author Topic: NYC Tea Party 2/28  (Read 627 times)

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
NYC Tea Party 2/28
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »
I was at the NYC Tea Party at City Hall yesterday. It was great. I would estimate the crowd about 150-200, someone else told me they guessed closer to 300. Crowd estimations are tough when you are standing in the middle of it. To get that many conservatives out in NYC on such a short notice is an accomplishment in itself. There were many great signs and t-shirts there. There was a bunch of speakers. They were not celebrity speakers, known pundits, etc. they were just everyday ordinary people who are fed up and pissed off and took their turns speaking. Most were suprisingly good. There was some audio problems considering that the sound system was a bullhorn in NYC park surrounded by Manhattan traffic.
One idiot passing by was yelling at us that, "You people are on the wrong side of history". It is going to be such a shock for people like this when the reality sets in.
When one speaker said, "Welcome to the Revolution" it recieved a great response, and it was sincere, I felt something there yesterday I have never felt before. People are getting fired up, and not just to talk, something is stirring.
Was anybody from JTF there? I have only met a handful of members so I would not know what any members look like so just curious if anyone was there.
I hear rumors of another one coming up but have not seen a solid date yet.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: NYC Tea Party 2/28
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »
I didnt know about it, this is probably why there was only 300.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
I think the 'Tea Parties' are a great idea.  I hope to see more... maybe something on the west coast.

Brian

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »
A great thing especially in New York.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:04:15 AM »
Did they serve Jasmine or Earl Grey?