Author Topic: Please pray for Princess, the cat...  (Read 4841 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Please pray for Princess, the cat...
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »
The cat that was abandoned by my neighbor when they moved and I ended up adopting could use a prayer or two if anyone feels led at all. She has had people even in Austrailia and New Jersey praying for her...

She came home from the ER yesterday, had a transfusion and other things.

It saved her life.

I have been caring for her 24/7 and I am too a bit tired, but I will be ok.

We kind of adopted each other in the past few months. She hated humans until I started caring for her.

Anyway...I'm exhausted, but I will be ok, she is fighting an upper respiratory virus now, she is on meds for it, I take her in again on Saturday to check her blood. (she had a parasite that attacks the cat's red blood cells.....)

Thankyou so very much....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Please pray for Princess, the cat...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:47:06 PM »
I'll say a pray for your cat

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 11:59:42 PM »
I'll say a pray for your cat

Thankyou AH..... :(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:02:19 AM »
I am extremely sorry to hear this, Hanna. I almost lost my very dear cat, Missy, in a very similar way earlier this year. She appeared to be a goner, but I cried out to Hashem and he saved her life and she is well again now, despite being very old.

"Father G-d, I know from the miraculous healing that you did in Missy that you hear our cries and care about the precious animals that you have created. Please touch little Princess right now in the midst of her great suffering, which she does not understand, and enable her to beat this secondary respiratory infection and come back completely restored. We know that you can do anything and can transcend the laws of science and medicine at will; you can easily heal Princess. In your Name, Amen."

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 12:04:13 AM »
Hanna, what is Princess' appetite like? If she is not eating, she absolutely must. Ask your vet about cycloheptadine, an antihistamine that is an effective appetite stimulant in cats. It has no real side effects and is well-tolerated.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 12:24:03 AM »
Hanna, what is Princess' appetite like? If she is not eating, she absolutely must. Ask your vet about cycloheptadine, an antihistamine that is an effective appetite stimulant in cats. It has no real side effects and is well-tolerated.

Thankyou for the prayer and the advice C.F. She did begin eating on her own today....even grooming herself a bit and drinking liquids. I just noticed she is wheezing quite a bit, maybe it is breaking up and leaving, that could be it...I worry like a mom about this cat..... ;D

Thankyou again.......
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »
Thankyou for the prayer and the advice C.F. She did begin eating on her own today....even grooming herself a bit and drinking liquids. I just noticed she is wheezing quite a bit, maybe it is breaking up and leaving, that could be it...I worry like a mom about this cat..... ;D

Thankyou again.......
Yeah I know how you feel, I've had Missy for many years and she's like a blood relative to me. How much is she eating? It is very good for a cat to drink plenty of water--both to overcome dehydration and for kidney health. Make sure she has plenty of clean, purified (tap water tastes nasty to cats) water--perhaps even add an ice cube or two now and then. The wheezing is obviously part of her secondary respiratory infection--not a whole lot can be done about that except her eating and getting stronger. I sent out the prayer request for Princess to several of my friends, btw.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 12:42:03 AM »

Thankyou again.......
Yeah I know how you feel, I've had Missy for many years and she's like a blood relative to me. How much is she eating? It is very good for a cat to drink plenty of water--both to overcome dehydration and for kidney health. Make sure she has plenty of clean, purified (tap water tastes nasty to cats) water--perhaps even add an ice cube or two now and then. The wheezing is obviously part of her secondary respiratory infection--not a whole lot can be done about that except her eating and getting stronger. I sent out the prayer request for Princess to several of my friends, btw.

Thankyou C.F. she is eating more and more each time....she just got home yesterday from the ER, she will see the doc again on Saturday and get her blood tested, etc. To make sure she is doing ok.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 12:48:11 AM »
Hanna, what a wonderful Mitzvah you are doing for this poor cat. I pray that she recovers fully and that you both can have many good years together.  How evil for those people to abandon her like that. Some people are unworthy of having pets. May G-d punish them for the cruelty and neglect they inflicted on her. Keep her warm while she recovers and let us know if she is getting better.
Hanna, you are such a sweet lady! May G-d heal her soon.

Shalom & G-d Bless Hanna!    Dox

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
Hanna, what a wonderful Mitzvah you are doing for this poor cat. I pray that she recovers fully and that you both can have many good years together.  How evil for those people to abandon her like that. Some people are unworthy of having pets. May G-d punish them for the cruelty and neglect they inflicted on her. Keep her warm while she recovers and let us know if she is getting better.
Hanna, you are such a sweet lady! May G-d heal her soon.

Shalom & G-d Bless Hanna!    Dox

Oh thankyou Dox..... :-[ I love all of G-d's creatures and they come to my door alot too.... ;D

Thankyou so much...GBY too...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 01:03:03 AM »
May G-d punish them for the cruelty and neglect they inflicted on her.

This actually would make a good question for Chaim: is cruelty to animals sufficient reason to call a y-s on someone?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 02:20:20 AM »
That's it? 30 views only for this thread?

A sweet and innocent pet owned by one of our great members is fighting for its life and there are only 30 views here?

More people are interested in reading about the lesbian trollop Megan Fox and the black Nazi beast Snoop Dogg than seeing what is wrong with Hanna's precious kitty?

I almost lost my beloved cat this winter and during that time, it was like the whole world was about to end. The least we can do is leave Hanna our regards and sentiments here.

Thank you very much,
Chaimfan.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 02:51:05 AM »
Quote from: C.F. link
[This actually would make a good question for Chaim: is cruelty to animals sufficient reason to call a y-s on someone?
First of all, my prayers to Princess. 

Secondly, I would imagine that the answer would be "yes".  Cruelty to animals is a known signpost to a very sadistic and evil person.  For example, almost every serial killer exhibited cruelty to animals when they were younger.  Michael Vick went to prison (and rightly so) for just allowing cruelty to animals to occur on his property.  It is truly one of the lowest kinds of behavior. 

The Bible clearly decrees that cruelty to domestic animals is forbidden. The ox, we are also told, is entitled to the fruit of its labor: "Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn" (Deuteronomy 25:4). Moreover, Deuteronomy 22:10 tells us "Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together," suggesting that pairing animals of different sizes and strengths would cause a conflict and would place a strain on the weaker of them or perhaps on both.

The books of Exodus (22:29) and Leviticus (22:27-28) require that a newborn animal remain with its mother for the first week of its life before being sacrificed, so that the young creature can have at least seven days of warmth and nourishment from its mother. And “ye shall not kill it and its young both in one day,” presumably to avoid the trauma of having the mother see her infant slain before her.

Judaism places great stress on proper treatment of animals. Unnecessary cruelty to animals is strictly forbidden, and in many cases, animals are accorded the same sensitivity as human beings. This concern for the welfare of animals is unusual in Western civilization. Most civilized nations did not accept this principle until quite recently; cruelty to animals was not outlawed until the 1800s, and even now it is not taken very seriously.

The primary principle behind the treatment of animals in Jewish law is preventing tza'ar ba'alei chayim, the suffering of living creatures. Judaism expresses no definitive opinion as to whether animals actually experience physical or psychological pain in the same way that humans do; however, Judaism has always recognized the link between the way a person treats animals and the way a person treats human beings. A person who is cruel to a defenseless animal will undoubtedly be cruel to defenseless people. Modern psychology confirms this understanding, with many studies finding a relationship between childhood animal cruelty and adult criminal violence. Sadly, the converse is not always true: Hitler loved animals; PETA wrote a letter to Arafat telling him, when he wants to blow up a bus full of Israelis, could he please not hurt a donkey to do it.

In the Bible, those who care for animals are heroes, while those who hunt animals are villains. Jacob, Moses and King David were all shepherds, people who cared for animals (Gen. 30, Ex. 31, I Sam. 17). The Talmud specifically states that Moses was chosen for his mission because of his skill in caring for animals. "The Holy One, Blessed Be He, said 'Since you are merciful to the flock of a human being, you shall be the shepherd of My flock, Israel.'" Likewise Rebecca was chosen as a wife for Isaac because of her kindness to animals. When Abraham's servant asked for water for himself, she volunteered to water his camels as well, and thereby proved herself a worthy wife (Gen. 24).

On the other hand, the two hunters in the Bible, Nimrod and Esau, are both depicted as villains. The Talmud tells the story of a great rabbi, Judah Ha-Nasi, who was punished with years of pain because he was insensitive to the fear of a calf being led to slaughter.

In the Torah, humanity is given dominion over animals (Gen. 1:26), which gives us the right to use animals for legitimate needs. Animal flesh can be consumed for food; animal skins can be used for clothing. The Torah itself must be written on parchment (animal hides), as must mezuzah scrolls, and tefillin must be made out of leather.

However, dominion does not give us the right to cause indiscriminate pain and destruction. We are permitted to use animals in this way only when there is a genuine, legitimate need, and we must do so in the manner that causes the animal the least suffering. Kosher slaughtering is designed to be as fast and painless as possible, and if anything occurs that might cause pain (such as a nick in the slaughtering knife or a delay in the cutting), the flesh may not be consumed. Hunting for sport is strictly prohibited, and hunting and trapping for legitimate needs is permissible only when it is done in the least painful way possible.

Under Jewish law, animals have some of the same rights as humans do. Animals rest on Shabbat, as humans do (Ex. 20:10). We are forbidden to muzzle an ox while it is working in the field (Deut. 25:4), just as we must allow human workers to eat from the produce they are harvesting (Deut. 23:25-26). They can partake of the produce from fields lying fallow during the sabbatical year (Ex. 23:11).

Several commandments demonstrate concern for the physical or psychological suffering of animals. We may not plow a field using animals of different species (Deut. 22:10), because this would be a hardship to the animals. We are required to relieve an animal of its burden, even if we do not like its owner, do not know its owner, or even if it is ownerless (Ex. 23:5; Deut. 22:4). We are not permitted to kill an animal in the same day as its young (Lev. 22:28), and are specifically commanded to send away a mother bird when taking the eggs (Deut 22:6-7), because of the psychological distress this would cause the animal. In fact, the Torah specifically says that a person who sends away the mother bird will be rewarded with long life, precisely the same reward that is given for honoring mother and father (Ex. 20:12; Deut. 5:16), and indeed for observing the whole Torah (Deut. 4:40). This should give some indication of the importance of this law.

We are permitted to violate Shabbat to a limited extent to rescue an animal in pain or at risk of death. For example, we can move them if they are in pain, move objects that we would not otherwise be permitted to touch to relieve their pain, we may give them medicine, and we may ask non-Jews to do things that would violate Shabbat to help a suffering animal.

In the Talmud, the rabbis further dictated that a person may not purchase an animal unless he has made provisions to feed it, and a person must feed his animals before he feeds himself (interpreting Deut. 11:15).

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 04:06:45 AM »
I wish your Princess get well soon. I can definitely understand the feeling, having nearly lost my dear Kitty to a nasty virus a few years ago. Now she is showing signs of old age and I am constantly worried for her, but I also appreciate our time together more.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 07:33:31 AM »
Hanna,  as someone who had two cats who contracted F.I.P.,     I can well imagine what you are going through.      I pray that your cat makes a complete recovery and that you will have the strength to get through adverse times.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »

A sweet and innocent pet owned by one of our great members is fighting for its life and there are only 30 views here?

More people are interested in reading about the lesbian trollop Megan Fox and the black Nazi beast Snoop Dogg than seeing what is wrong with Hanna's precious kitty?

I almost lost my beloved cat this winter and during that time, it was like the whole world was about to end. The least we can do is leave Hanna our regards and sentiments here.

Thank you very much,
Chaimfan.

It's ok C.F. I understand....

Princess is growing stronger every day...she ate more this morning then yesterday, she answered me when I talked to her (she talks alot when feeling well) she was grooming herself (another good sign).  She goes to see the vet tomorrow, I can hardly wait...

Thanks again SO MUCH for the PRAYERS and WELL WISHES for this beloved cat.....

Due to the houseing foreclosure crisis in our country, MANY animals are being ABANDONED every day.

I urge you all to keep your eyes peeled and open to what stray/abandoned animals you may be able to help.

The ferel cat population is at an all time high where I am at..all the cat shelters are FULL.... :'(

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now...

Thanks so VERY MUCh for the KIND words and PRAYERS, I do so appreciate it SO MUCH!!!

:-*

You are all like family to me, honestly....

Toda Rabah...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »
Oh Hanna, my heart goes out to you! I am praying that Princess gets better and stronger every day. I know you have such a bond with each other. I will pray you have strength more and more to help her get better too!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »
I will pray.  :'(
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »

Thank you very much,
Chaimfan.

I am sorry you almost lost your beloved cat. My cats lived usually 18 years before they passed away. I hope your cat gets well and she is lucky to have you as her family. My last cat was Friskina, she was a feral cat and I fed her for 10 years on my patio. When I moved back to Orange County my daughters and I caught her and she lived in my home for another 8 years before she passed away from old age. Your prayer for Hannas cat was very kind, I hope she recovers from her illness.

Shalom - Dox

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »
May G-D heal your cat speedily
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 12:06:33 PM »
It is difficult to deal with pets illnesses. I just had a cat named Tinkerbell pass away last December and she was only 16 years old. She was sick for about two weeks, after the 1st week I brought her to the vet but a week later she was gone.

I have had many cats over the last 25 years. The oldest lived for about 18 years. When we moved to this house we had six cats... Now I only have 2 indoor cats and 2 outdoor cats. I think the best thing to do is to take care of your cats as best you can and pray for their health.

I will think about your cat in my prayers today. May she get well soon..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »
I hope your cat feels better Hanna.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »
Princess is growing stronger every day...she ate more this morning then yesterday, she answered me when I talked to her (she talks alot when feeling well) she was grooming herself (another good sign).  She goes to see the vet tomorrow, I can hardly wait...
I am really glad to hear that. If a cat is grooming itself consistently it is feeling better. When Missy was at her lowest point, she didn't groom herself at all, but as she recovered she got back to doing this. And you are right, it is good when a kitty "talks" a lot. Missy always does. Is Princess at all a Siamese mix? They are known for being very vocal.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
I am really glad to hear that. If a cat is grooming itself consistently it is feeling better. When Missy was at her lowest point, she didn't groom herself at all, but as she recovered she got back to doing this. And you are right, it is good when a kitty "talks" a lot. Missy always does. Is Princess at all a Siamese mix? They are known for being very vocal.

She looks like a maincoon to me...very colorful cat...brown,tan,gold,beige.....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »
It is difficult to deal with pets illnesses. I just had a cat named Tinkerbell pass away last December and she was only 16 years old. She was sick for about two weeks, after the 1st week I brought her to the vet but a week later she was gone.

I have had many cats over the last 25 years. The oldest lived for about 18 years. When we moved to this house we had six cats... Now I only have 2 indoor cats and 2 outdoor cats. I think the best thing to do is to take care of your cats as best you can and pray for their health.

I will think about your cat in my prayers today. May she get well soon..

Thankyou Muman....we rescued this cat, I just spent $3,000 caring fot it this week... 8)

She is doing much, much better.....even compared to 24 hours ago...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל