Author Topic: Persian Blogger dies in jail after insulting Islamic Imam  (Read 423 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Persian Blogger dies in jail after insulting Islamic Imam
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:56:42 AM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3689085,00.html   

Iranian blogger, jailed for insulting Khamenei, dies in prison

Published:    03.19.09, 13:18 / Israel News

A young Iranian blogger, Omid Mir Sayafi, died in prison on Wednesday, where he was imprisoned for insulting Iran's spiritual leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, his lawyer Mohammad Ali Dadkhah said Thursday.

"I don't have the official report, but an official at the prison said that Sayafi committed suicide," Dadkhah said, adding that he demanded "an immediate inquiry and autopsy to determine the cause of death." (AFP)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Persian Blogger dies in jail after insulting Islamic Imam
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:13:18 AM »
Mord,

When I read the subject of this thread before reading the thread itself, the first thought that came to my mind was, "Another one bites the dust.", that is the cynic in me.

Now, since I have read the entire post, I  can add to it.

Of course, the Iranian officials claimed that he committed suicide.
They are not going to admit to murdering him.  And after they conduct their autopsy, I am sure they will confirm their original findings of death by suicide.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:15:46 AM »
Mord,

When I read the subject of this thread before reading the thread itself, the first thought that came to my mind was, "Another one bites the dust.", that is the cynic in me.

Now, since I have read the entire post, I  can add to it.

Of course, the Iranian officials claimed that he committed suicide.
They are not going to admit to murdering him.  And after they conduct their autopsy, I am sure they will confirm their original findings of death by suicide.
True of course
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »
One day there is no more Freedom of Speech. And one day they will kill us for being Christians, Jews and Hindus.
If we don't act now we are lost!

God bless all Jews and Christians!