Author Topic: If you could go back in time...  (Read 4789 times)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
If you could go back in time...
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »
This is a purely hypothetical question but I think it's interesting to know what everyone would say.  Knowing what you know about history, if you could go back in time and rid the world of one individual, who would it be?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: If you could go back in time...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
Esther.
   I would DO ANYTHING I could right now to save Jews and GOOD righteous Christians from the slaughterhouse I feel is coming.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »
I think everyone has this desire. There are a lot things I would change. For examble I would do more with my grandparents (they are dead, I only have one grandma). I would ask them more questions. Talk to them and I would help them in everything! There are also small things I would change in my life. I would begin earlier to support Israel. (My support started ca. 1 year ago). I would warn all people about terror attacks (9/11, Madrid, London, Israel,...). I would safe as many people as I can. There are a lot things. But there are also things I wouldn't change.

May not everything I have done was right! But I know God will forgive my sin. And he already guide me the right way! The Jewish way!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:19:41 PM »

I'd go back in time and rid the world of Mohamed before he had the chance to create the cancer that is Islam. What a mitzvah that would be! It would save hundreds of millions of people from slaughter and lives of misery for a thousand years! And the world would now be populated by only Christians, Jews, Buddhists and Hindus, what a wonderful world it would be!
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:35:34 PM »
Tonight I am going to be in Mitzrayim on the night of Exodus. It is a tradition our Torah has commanded all Jews to do tonight. Passover is an awesome time!

:dance:
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
I would have gone to any place at any time for any righteous cause, but I think that all things were already locked and not even an iota of the things could have been changed without the will of Hashem.

So I never tried even hypothetically, except for the brain waves~~~~~~~~  ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dr. Yisrael

• Full JTFer
  • we are all the same
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »
I WOULD KILL HITLER!

And mohammid.

And I would also set up a jewish state, I dunno how, But who cares I can travel in time :-)

(The reason why I would set up a jewish state is because without the holocaust, there would be no israel, in case it didn't occur to anyone straight away.)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:12 PM »
I WOULD KILL HITLER!

And mohammid.

And I would also set up a jewish state, I dunno how, But who cares I can travel in time :-)

(The reason why I would set up a jewish state is because without the holocaust, there would be no israel, in case it didn't occur to anyone straight away.)

You're only allowed one, how about this, I'll get Mo, you get Hitler! Deal?  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »
Just one person? Hitler and Mohammed would be at the top of my list for erasing from history too. I'd also do my best to encourage a certain Ann Dunham to take birth control.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »
Mohammed was the human embodiment of the worst evil in the world.  His existence was responsible for the most sadistic death cult ever known, which he justified by attributing the worst behavior humans are capable of as divine will, and in so doing stole every aspect of its "religion" from Judiasm and Christianity.  He caused the destruction of the entire multicultural Arabian peninsula which, since he put it under the death cult of Islam, has never known freedom of any kind.  His followers destroyed the Zoroastrians of Persia, the Byzantine empire, ruined the Copt Christians of Egypt and to this day seeks to destroy and enslave in humiliating dhimmitude all non-muslims everywhere in the world.  He was the inspiration for Hitler and the grand mufti of Jerusalem and ultimately the final solution.  Mohammed is the single most vile human who ever walked the planet who should be eliminated if a time machine was ever built to be used once.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
One other choice to consider is FDR.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:58:44 PM »
My first thought was, of course, Hitler.  But then, after I read everyone else's answer, I had another idea.  And that idea was to get at the root, and not the limb.  So I'm going to propose another person.  If you could kill the following person, do you think that, perhaps, we might eradicate (by removing this person from history) a root cause of antisemitism?  I would have killed Jesus.  No Jesus = no Christianity.  Does this have any merit?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
My first thought was, of course, Hitler.  But then, after I read everyone else's answer, I had another idea.  And that idea was to get at the root, and not the limb.  So I'm going to propose another person.  If you could kill the following person, do you think that, perhaps, we might eradicate (by removing this person from history) a root cause of antisemitism?  I would have killed Jesus.  No Jesus = no Christianity.  Does this have any merit?

Considering that the Romans have been there and done that, I don't think it worked the way you thought.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 11:13:41 PM »
Quote from: Rubystars
Considering that the Romans have been there and done that, I don't think it worked the way you thought.

Let me be clearer:  I meant that I would go back in history and kill Jesus before he became the famous Jesus.  I would have killed him when he was 5 years old before he got started.  The Romans did it too late.

The discussion I was hoping for was this:  How much better would it have been for the Jews if Jesus had been killed as a child?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »
Tough question, because it assumes that if a certain person were eliminated there wouldn't be someone who could have taken his place.  Here is a short list of candidates:

1.  Hitler (ym"sh)

2.  Arafat (ym"sh)

3.  Mohamed (ym"sh)

4.  El Sayyid Nosair (ym"sh)

5.  Ishmael

6.  Marx

7.  Ahmedinejad (ym"sh)

Besides these animals, there are hundreds of other evil people I can think of who aren't quite in the same league as these people, but who undoubtedly made the world a worse place.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »

Wow
Of course Jesus and Christians are a much bigger problems to the Jewish people now then the Muslims are

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 11:17:07 PM »

Let me be clearer:  I meant that I would go back in history and kill Jesus before he became the famous Jesus.  I would have killed him when he was 5 years old before he got started.  The Romans did it too late.

The discussion I was hoping for was this:  How much better would it have been for the Jews if Jesus had been killed as a child?

I don't think it would have improved things that much. I doubt that the various pagan beliefs of Europe would have been much kinder to Jews. Also there were plenty of anti-Semites around in pre-Christian times so without Christians I'm sure that there would have been plenty of anti-Semites around no matter what. They would have just followed something else.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 11:19:20 PM »

I don't think it would have improved things that much. I doubt that the various pagan beliefs of Europe would have been much kinder to Jews. Also there were plenty of anti-Semites around in pre-Christian times so without Christians I'm sure that there would have been plenty of anti-Semites around no matter what. They would have just followed something else.

Yeah, I agree with that.  Christianity on balance has improved the world.  There's no comparison between Christianity and Islam.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 11:19:35 PM »
Quote from: Americanhero
Wow
Of course Jesus and Christians are a much bigger problems to the Jewish people now then the Muslims are
They aren't now.  But what about through all of history?  In other words, throughout history, would you say that Jews had more to fear from Christians or Muslims?

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 11:28:08 PM »
"Although Christian antisemitism is considered to have started around the 12th century, its roots are attributed by some scholars to anti-Jewish attitudes and polemic beginning with Early Christianity.

Christian anti-Judaic attitudes started to develop even before the end of the first century and even though there is evidence of continued Jewish-Christian interaction, including Christian participation in Sabbath worship. Anti-Judaic attitudes developed from early years of Christianity and persisted over the centuries, driven by numerous factors including theological differences, the Christian drive for converts,[ misunderstanding of Jewish beliefs and practices, and alleged Jewish hostility toward Christians.

These attitudes persisted in Christian preaching, art and popular teaching for centuries. In certain countries it often led to civil and political discrimination against Jews and in some instances to physical attacks on Jews which resulted in their expulsions and even death.

From time to time, anti-Jewish sentiments within European society were exploited for internal political purposes and sometimes to extract a financial advantage from Jewish subjects. Such sentiments made the expansion of anti-Jewish measures politically acceptable. Christian antisemitism ultimately played a dramatic role in the Nazi Third Reich, World War II and the Holocaust. The dissident Catholic priest Hans Küng has written that "Nazi anti-Judaism was the work of godless, anti-Christian criminals. But it would not have been possible without the almost two thousand years' pre-history of 'Christian' anti-Judaism."

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:02 PM »

What?  You would kill Jesus before he became the famous Jesus!  :::D

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 12:00:04 AM »
Tough question, because it assumes that if a certain person were eliminated there wouldn't be someone who could have taken his place.  Here is a short list of candidates:

1.  Hitler (ym"sh)

2.  Arafat (ym"sh)

3.  Mohamed (ym"sh)

4.  El Sayyid Nosair (ym"sh)

5.  Ishmael

6.  Marx

7.  Ahmedinejad (ym"sh)

Besides these animals, there are hundreds of other evil people I can think of who aren't quite in the same league as these people, but who undoubtedly made the world a worse place.

wasn't G-d protecting Ishmael?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 01:02:18 AM »
"Although Christian antisemitism is considered to have started around the 12th century, its roots are attributed by some scholars to anti-Jewish attitudes and polemic beginning with Early Christianity.

Christian anti-Judaic attitudes started to develop even before the end of the first century and even though there is evidence of continued Jewish-Christian interaction, including Christian participation in Sabbath worship. Anti-Judaic attitudes developed from early years of Christianity and persisted over the centuries, driven by numerous factors including theological differences, the Christian drive for converts,[ misunderstanding of Jewish beliefs and practices, and alleged Jewish hostility toward Christians.

These attitudes persisted in Christian preaching, art and popular teaching for centuries. In certain countries it often led to civil and political discrimination against Jews and in some instances to physical attacks on Jews which resulted in their expulsions and even death.

From time to time, anti-Jewish sentiments within European society were exploited for internal political purposes and sometimes to extract a financial advantage from Jewish subjects. Such sentiments made the expansion of anti-Jewish measures politically acceptable. Christian antisemitism ultimately played a dramatic role in the Nazi Third Reich, World War II and the Holocaust. The dissident Catholic priest Hans Küng has written that "Nazi anti-Judaism was the work of godless, anti-Christian criminals. But it would not have been possible without the almost two thousand years' pre-history of 'Christian' anti-Judaism."

If it makes you feel any better, some of the WORST persecution I have ever had came from "Christians".... :::D

Usually, its the people who say they aren't Christians, that have treated me better over the years.

I guess what I am saying is sometimes we can't even treat each other the right way, how can we treat anyone else ok too?

I try, although I am not perfect.  :::D

Oh, I've got a long ways to go.......before then.... :laugh:

Just about every group of people have done other groups of people the wrong way, all throughout history....I bet we all could find something our particular group of people have done to hurt others over the years of history.

I apologize for my lack of proper grammer...it's late here...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:07:19 AM by ~Hanna~ »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 01:24:11 AM »
I didn't intend even to infer that all Christians are bad or that [certainly] all Christians are anti-semetic.  I was simply trying to start a discussion around imagining how different the world would have been [if at all] if Jesus had been killed as a child.  My inference is that, perhaps, there would have been no Christianity, and that the absence of said religion might have kept more Jews alive through the ages.  But if you doubt that Christianity hasn't caused, in the past, enormous misery for Jews, then I must be in some alternate universe.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 01:54:24 AM »
I didn't intend even to infer that all Christians are bad or that [certainly] all Christians are anti-semetic.  I was simply trying to start a discussion around imagining how different the world would have been [if at all] if Jesus had been killed as a child.  My inference is that, perhaps, there would have been no Christianity, and that the absence of said religion might have kept more Jews alive through the ages.  But if you doubt that Christianity hasn't caused, in the past, enormous misery for Jews, then I must be in some alternate universe.

I never said I never doubted it, I was trying to relate, in a way...

On a side noting I was merely stating that many people groups have mistreated other people groups badly throughout history.

Hitler called himself a Christian, but he was about as far away from being a Christian as one could ever get...he THOUGHT he was but he was NOT.

Anyway....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל