Author Topic: WATCH: 3 years after kidnap, world reads Shalit's peace tale  (Read 793 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
WATCH: 3 years after kidnap, world reads Shalit's peace tale 

By Jack Khoury, Haaretz Correspondent 

Israel's Consulate General in New York has initiated a media campaign to mark the three years since Israel Defense Forces soldier Gilad Shalit was captured by militants from the Gaza Strip in a cross-border raid.

The Consulate uploaded a video to YouTube on Wednesday, featuring people from around the world reading in various language a story Shalit wrote as a child, which was then published following his abduction. 

When the Shark and the Fish First Met, which Shalit wrote at age 11, tells the story of a shark and a fish raised to hate and fear one another, who then realize that everyone would be happier by making peace.

The Consulate has also backed an initiative on Twitter to promote the use of the #Gilad hashtag. It has called on all its followers to use the hashtag in all Twitter communications Thursday.

Noam Shalit says he has lost faith in the government system

On the night before the anniversary of his son's capture, Noam Shalit told demonstrators gathered at a Nahariya exhibition dedicated to Gilad that he has lost faith in the government's ability to his release.

"I have no faith in the system or in anything aside from our own activities," Noam Shalit said. "When the declarations are translated into actions maybe it will be possible to believe in the system."

The exhibition, entitled "Three years without Gilad," showcased posters designed by more than 100 artists promoting the soldiers' release.

In his address to the exhibit, Noam Shalit urged the public to attend a rally on Thursday outside the Kirya Defense Ministry compound in Tel Aviv.

Shalit said invitations for the rally had been sent to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, government ministers and members of Knesset

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1095357.html

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: WATCH: 3 years after kidnap, world reads Shalit's peace tale
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
I feel terrible for his family but, realistically, I believe that he is not alive and has not been so for a very long time.
And, I believe Hamas will eventually trade his remains for 100 or so Arab prisoners from Israeli prisons.
I just don't see them keeping an Israeli soldier alive for even three days.
So, three years is very difficult to believe.
I will keep the Shalit family in my prayers.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:57:28 PM »
I feel terrible for his family but, realistically, I believe that he is not alive and has not been so for a very long time.
And, I believe Hamas will eventually trade his remains for 100 or so Arab prisoners from Israeli prisons.
I just don't see them keeping an Israeli soldier alive for even three days.
So, three years is very difficult to believe.
I will keep the Shalit family in my prayers.

Even though you speak the rough truth which you understand, there is always room for miracles to happen. It is best not to rely on miracles, but I will not speak negative while there is the possibility of doubt. When we see his remains we can then give up hope.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 12:15:56 AM »
The palestinians are rabid animals. If Shalit is still alive, he might be begging for his death, especially since we know what the rabid terrorists are capable of doing to their victims.

Israel's leaders of past and present have failed terribly by not deporting these barbaric islamic animals back to their own muslim lands.

Now that Israelis have welcomed the muslims, they will not be able to be rid of them without a massive war against the entire Middle East.

Shalom - Dox

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 12:17:38 AM »
The palestinians are rabid animals. If Shalit is still alive, he might be begging for his death, especially since we know what the rabid terrorists are capable of doing to their victims.

Israel's leaders of past and present have failed terribly by not deporting these barbaric islamic animals back to their own muslim lands.

Now that Israelis have welcomed the muslims, they will not be able to be rid of them without a massive war against the entire Middle East.

Shalom - Dox

What and where is "palestine"?   :o There are no palestinaians, only muslim arab terrorists.   ;D
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 01:09:43 AM »

Shalom - Dox

What and where is "palestine"?   :o There are no palestinaians, only muslim arab terrorists.   ;D

Oh but au contraire, there soon will be a "Palestine" according to Pipi Cacayoyo.  Let's hope God derails these deranged dealings.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
Pipi Cacayoyo !!!  :::D