Author Topic: Ovadia Yosef's Son Resisted Dwek's Illegal Temptation  (Read 1045 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Ovadia Yosef's Son Resisted Dwek's Illegal Temptation
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:50:09 PM »
It appears that the FBI attempted to take down Rabbi Ovadia Yosefs son in the latest corruption sting in New York... This is bizarre news...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/168564

Ovadia Yosef's Son Resisted Dwek's Illegal Temptation
Reported: 03:05 AM - Jul/27/09

(IsraelNN.com) Rabbi David Yosef, the son of Shas party spiritual leader Ovadia Yosef, resisted a bribe offered by state's witness Solomon Dwek in the American investigation that resulted in the arrest of 44 people on charges of bribery or money laundering last week, according to a report by News One on Sunday.

The report says that Dwek came to the younger Rabbi Yosef and offered to cash $25,000 for him in exchange for a percentage of the money, claiming he had nothing to eat and that the rabbi was obligated to save him. The rabbi was careful enough to refuse and say he did not deal in such matters. The attempted transaction was recorded by the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Dwek, a real-estate developer, religious-school head and philanthropist from Ocean Township, was charged with defrauding PNC bank out of $25 million in 2006. The FBI used him to make contact with the politicians and rabbis from New York and New Jersey last week.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Ovadia Yosef's Son Resisted Dwek's Illegal Temptation
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 10:06:13 PM »
I think this whole FBI operation involving the rabbis is an anti-Semitic modern-day Dreyfus Affair, but it's undeniable that Shas has been on the take many times.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:15:20 AM »
Th FBI's antisemitic campaign is targeting also some US rabbis.

It is noteworthy that the campaign coincides with strongly negative publications against Haredim in leftist Israeli press.

I think that's because Haredi rabbis have taken more Zionist positions lately and openly condemn foreign intervention into Israeli internal affairs such as construction in Judea and Samaria.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:38:35 AM »
The bare bones fact of the matter is simple just say no. While it may be true the F.B.I is playing a nasty game here if they are turned away and leave it at that it at least lets the honest person off the hook. Its when they do things such as planting evidence and such that puts honest people behind bars that is the real problem. It seems something was going on that caught their attention.  They were barking up the wrong tree with Rabbi Yosef but they did get a few other people that took the bait.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:21:27 AM »
This is obvious entrapment and how the hell this will fly in a court of law is beyond me.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »
This is obvious entrapment and how the hell this will fly in a court of law is beyond me.
I think it will not only fly but some of the people arested will face some real time behind bars. I think the only way they might have an out is if they can prove that it took a great deal of convincing to break the law. Anyone that jumped on the bait is going to get everything they have coming. It was an underhanded way to run an investigation but I think it fell short of entrapment. A criminal is a criminal the fact that they may be clergy does not make them immune to prosecution.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »
I'm not saying it won't fly, just that I don't see how it would hold up in court in a sane world where the rule of law is enforced (which this isn't).

It is beyond undeniable that the Obama gov't singled out rabbis in this case to make an example of "dirty Jews".