Author Topic: John Bolton  (Read 3711 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
John Bolton
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:09:41 PM »
What are your thoughts on the former US ambassador to the (anti-Israel) U.N.?

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
Re: John Bolton
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 12:35:22 AM »
Great man. I actually met him last year. He was still under contract of the government for 2 more weeks, so when he was asked a question he said "remember im still under contract of the US givernment so I cant say all I want to say"

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
Great man. I actually met him last year. He was still under contract of the government for 2 more weeks, so when he was asked a question he said "remember im still under contract of the US givernment so I cant say all I want to say"

What was the question about and what do you think he wanted to say?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 12:55:12 AM »
I have the very highest respect for the man.

I wish he would run for President.

The best UN Ambassador we've had in a long, long, time.

He may be Bush's greatest accomplishment to date.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 01:40:12 AM »
I agree.

I think liberals kept bashing him because he would have made the Bush administration look good.

I wanted Bush to replace Condi Rice as Secretary of State with Bolton. 

Bolton says that the weak response by Britain and the European Union will only embolden Iran with its nuclear program.

They could have stopped all exports/imports with Iran and hurt their economy.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 05:24:02 AM »
I agree.

I think liberals kept bashing him because he would have made the Bush administration look good.

I wanted Bush to replace Condi Rice as Secretary of State with Bolton. 

Bolton says that the weak response by Britain and the European Union will only embolden Iran with its nuclear program.

They could have stopped all exports/imports with Iran and hurt their economy.
I have to agree with you on John Bolton. The Liberals could not stand Bolton because he was on the ball and told them exactly what the problem was. Thus he needed to go. Its only an opinion of mine but even the people at the UN seemed to have been getting along with him because even though he was tough on issues he seemed to be fair. As I have said before President Bush tried to play nice with the Democrats and on top of that mistake he himself is a hopless moderate. The two things together was the downfall of his presidency. Bush could surround himself with all the best people in the world however if he disregards their advice and does what he decides you will get what we have now.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 09:10:52 AM »
"Bolton believes that Condoleezza Rice, the US secretary of state, is wasting her time trying to restart the Middle East peace process. The Arab-Israeli conflict was “not a priority”, he added. “I don’t see linkage to Iraq, and Hamas and Fatah are in a state of civil war.” "

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »
Re:  "...They could have stopped all exports/imports with Iran and hurt their economy..."

Just the opposite is the case.

The U.S.A., the UK, the EU, and the new Russia, are all up to their eyeballs in Iran, usually involved in very lucrative contracts doing such things as constructing nuclear reactors, supplying parts to build the gyroscopes necessary to enrich uranium, building underground bunkers & tunnels, etc...

Our very own Halliburton Corporation has been actively engaged doing exactly those things (including assisting North Korea in their bomb acquisitions) for quite a number of years now.  All completely legal.  Can not be prosecuted.

Why?

Corporate Law & Tax Codes allow Halliburton & others to set up dummy "fronts" in Bermuda, Cayman Islands, etc., and then work day & night to make their fortunes by building infrastructure for terrorist and dictatorial regimes which call for the destruction of the U.S. & Israel.

Follow the money.  Check the facts.

It was Germany who constructed all of Saddam Hussein's impenetrable underground bunker facilities, by the way.

Clinton arranged for Halliburton to enrich themselves by constructing the nuclear generators and laboratories for North Korea.

And, guess who constructed the intricate labyrnths of underground bases, bunkers, & tunnels, in Afghanistan for use by the Taliban?

Don't believe it?

As the once famous comic strip "Pogo" once so aptly stated:

"I've seen the enemy!  And it is us!"

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 10:05:13 AM »
Good points. 

Pollard is in jail because Casper Weinberger was trying to hide the fact that he gave permission to US companies and other countries to arm Iraq during the early part of the 1980's.  The CIA or other government workers were simultaneously involved in an Iran-Contra scandal. 

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 09:10:34 PM »

What was the question about and what do you think he wanted to say?
WHat should be done with Iran.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
He wants military action or severe economic sanctions?