Author Topic: Goodbye Corzine, hello educational progress  (Read 934 times)

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Goodbye Corzine, hello educational progress
« on: November 17, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »
I guess Jersey will have school choice soon.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=770708

A New Jersey school choice advocate says he will not miss the state's outgoing Governor John Corzine or his ineffective methods of improving education for inner-city minorites.

Derrell Bradford (Excellent Education for Everyone)Educational reform supporters are excited about the election of New Jersey's Republican Chris Christie. Governor-elect Christie took a strong stand on education during his campaign, promising that he would not turn a blind eye to the plight of inner-city minorities who are stuck in underperforming schools and are years behind their white peers. Derrell Bradford, deputy director for Excellent Education for Everyone, says outgoing Democratic Governor John Corzine was an agent of the status quo.

He feels this way "because [Corzine's] fundamental reasoning behind educational reform was 'I spent more money on it so it must be better,' and [he did] this in a state that was already spending more than basically any other state in the union on average…on African-American and Hispanic kids cities," notes Bradford. "And I think we are going to see a real shift in pursuing things that expand capacity like charter schools, vouchers, that kind of stuff, and pursuing things that frankly can help us keep the cost of public education down."

The deputy director says the new Republican governor is appealing to many because of his desire to set aside politics for the betterment of the children.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt