Author Topic: I am Sparticus - Aish thought on Jewish Unity  (Read 466 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I am Sparticus - Aish thought on Jewish Unity
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »
This clip is classic, from the movie Spartacus with Kirk Douglas starring as Sparticus himself...

Kirk Douglas, in his more recent years, has been an ardent supporter of the Jewish state.

Watch the video clip @ http://www.aish.com/j/f/94805439.html

There it is, again and again, in the thousands of pages. His relationship to Judaism, especially when parts of his sky fell. His tragic helicopter accident (1991) in which he alone survived, his 1996 stroke, the loss of son Eric in 2004. We also learn of his second Bar Mitzvah at 83, his continued study; his wife’s conversion. His best-selling books starting with the autobiographical,  The Ragman’s Son, the couple’s unstinting generosity toward Israel, Jews, all people – seniors, Alzheimer patients, and children alike. His humanitarianism, as well as film awards are staggering.

I just learned from my step father that Kirk Douglases Hebrew name is Issur, the same name as my step-father...

I realize that he may have faults but I believe his life is a blessing for the Jewish people..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14