Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: June 27, 2010, 03:05:56 AM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:07:37 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: Kosher Red Heifer in Israel
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 03:10:46 AM »
Time to smash those hideous mosques into pieces and clear away the rubble :)!!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:33:03 AM »

:dance: :dance: :dance:
 :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:42:41 AM »
I wonder if it meets all the Toranic requirements..

1) It is completely Red, not having two non-Red hairs..
2) It is completely free of any Mum... Any disqualifying imperfections.
3) Is at least three years old...

Remember the Parasha of the Red Cow was just over a week ago.. Parasha Chukat.

From Aish:

http://www.aish.com/tp/b/lp/48966976.html
THE RED HEIFER

Contact with death causes spiritual impurity (see Numbers 5:1). One who is spiritually impure was forbidden to enter the Holy Temple or to partake of sacrifices, until undergoing a purification process. The process consisted of selecting an entirely red heifer (a brownish red, a normal color of cows):

1. with no more than one black hair,
   2. that never carried anything for a human, and
   3. had no physical blemish.

The Red Heifer represented the idea of pure animalism. The heifer was taken out of the sanctuary (there was no place for such raw animalism in God's Temple), where it was slaughtered and totally burned, together with a branch of cedar wood, hyssop bush, and a piece of red wool dyed with the blood of a worm - symbolizing the highest and lowest species in the plant and animal world. The ashes were mixed with water from a living spring (symbolizing the water-like flow of Torah), and sprinkled on the impure person or vessel on the third and seventh days. At that point, the person became purified.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 10:47:34 AM »
OK.. I am innocent. I dont know what the significance of a red heifer is. What is it
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
This is from March, so I'm not sure if anyone posted on it yet.  This is a 2-hour audio but it mentions that there is a live kosher red heifer in Israel currently and they're keeping it on the down low.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/2001

Very interesting.

The Red heffer is needed to reinstitute some lost halachot and to help usher in the Third Temple period.  Many believe that its reappearance is a sign of the coming redemption.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »
OK.. I am innocent. I dont know what the significance of a red heifer is. What is it

As I just posted above...

The Red Cow is needed for the purification ritual... We are all impure from contact with the Dead... The Torah proscribes the way to remove this impurity...

We must have a completely red cow, he will be slaughtered, he will be burned with certain other substances and the ashes mixed with water.. This mixture will be sprinkled by the Kohen on the impure individual... The impure person will become purified while the Kohen applying it will become impure...

This law is one of the laws called "Chukim" meaning that the way it works is not known to us.. It is considered a super-rational law...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »
See my discussion of Chukat in the Torah forum :

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,47019.0.html

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
How many more times are they gonna say that and the admit it wasn't kosher?

Honestly ,Im tiered of this. Im not being cranky or anything but I mean, this is the 3rd time already , can I be blamed?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »
Re:  "We must have a completely red cow, he will be slaughtered, he will be burned with certain other substances and the ashes mixed with water.. This mixture will be sprinkled by the Kohen on the impure individual... The impure person will become purified while the Kohen applying it will become impure..."

Seriously?

All this time I thought "Red Heifer" referred to an ancient brand of chewing tobacco; kind of like "Bull of the Woods"!

:o

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
Kosher red heifers are extremely rare because they can't even have one white hair.  It is said that from the time of Moses through the Second Temple period there have only been 9 red heifers slaughtered.  The 10th red heifer is thought to signify the redemption is at hand because with it people and vessels can be purified to actually go on the Temple Mount and the Third Temple can be rebuilt.

Actually it can have one {maybe even two} non-Red hairs according to the Halacha I learned, two may invalidate it...

http://www.ou.org/torah/tt/5761/chukat61/aliya.htm

The Torah describes the requirements of the Para Aduma as, NOT HAVING A BLEMISH and NEVER HAVING A YOKE UPON IT. The "Seer of Lublin" gave a Chasidic spin to those words. A person who thinks that he is without blemish, most definitely never placed upon himself the yoke of heaven. Chidushei HaRim pointed out that whereas two black hairs invalidate a Para Aduma, when it comes to the Torah's command to a Jew to be TAMIM, even a single "off color" hair invalidates the person.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/97566/jewish/Chukas-The-Value-of-Life.htm

Intellect and Beyond

One of the strange things about the Parah Adumah is the following. From the time the Torah was given until today, there were only nine cows that were found to be totally red — that didn’t have more than two black hairs, which would disqualify them from being a Red Heifer. We are told that the tenth cow like this will be discovered when Mashiach comes. Another Parah Adumah will be prepared and all of us will be sprinkled with its ashes because all of us, whether we like it or not, have become impure due to contact with the dead. All of us. If you have ever been at a funeral, a hospital or a cemetery during the course of your life, you have contracted this type of impurity.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:28:21 PM by muman613 »

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »

8)
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »
Well  logic must conclude then that unfortunately it must be imperfect because that moron Pepe is still in power.

-Sorry , the truth is the truth ... and the truth hurts.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 05:47:24 PM »
But there are a lot of Kohanim...How can one red cow be enough?

The Red Cow is needed for the purification ritual... We are all impure from contact with the Dead... The Torah proscribes the way to remove this impurity...

We must have a completely red cow, he will be slaughtered, he will be burned with certain other substances and the ashes mixed with water.. This mixture will be sprinkled by the Kohen on the impure individual... The impure person will become purified while the Kohen applying it will become impure...

This law is one of the laws called "Chukim" meaning that the way it works is not known to us.. It is considered a super-rational law...

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 07:13:31 PM »
But there are a lot of Kohanim...How can one red cow be enough?

Well I don't know the ratio of cow to mixture... One cow is burnt and the ashes mixed with the water... Of course considering the # of people who would need to be purified it does seem like more than one cow would be needed...

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
Yeah, but is it some sign?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates